PC servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .

I can't take it anymore - once and for all, who is in charge of balance?

In the last week alone I've seen no less than 7 different groups of people blamed for the changes GGG make/said they will make. I don't know what to believe anymore. Here I am, some poor sap who thought all along that GGG made balance decisions based primarily on their wants, followed by internal testing, followed by general feedback. Clearly I'm wrong. Educate me.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11054501
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2016, 1:51:56 PM
"
innervation wrote:
In the last week alone I've seen no less than 7 different groups of people blamed for the changes GGG make/said they will make. I don't know what to believe anymore. Here I am, some poor sap who thought all along that GGG made balance decisions based primarily on their wants, followed by internal testing, followed by general feedback. Clearly I'm wrong. Educate me.

Where is the "Thankfully not you" option?
Bye bye desync!
"
elwindakos wrote:
"
innervation wrote:

Where is the "Thankfully not you" option?

This + where is "All of the above" option?

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
It doesn't even matter how they decide balance. There is always at least 1 group of people who will whine about it. Everything is either too easy or too hard depending on who you talk to.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Reach existing tells me either Internal QA does a lot of drugs or has no clue how to build a fucking bow character.

So I'm gonna go with decree of Chris Wilson.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Aug 22, 2016, 2:22:13 PM
it's complicated

Basically GGG have stated in the past that while they don't mind to much if a skill is broken it would almost certainly get changed usually before/with the next new league.

To see how badly a skill is broken, they check the people who play with that skill and threads relating to it.

The look for stuff like, how many are playing the skill, what their builds are how much or little investment is needed, either through gear or passives
The QQ threads about it...well i'm sure they look at them, but they would be a lower priority compared to other methods (lets face it most of it is knee jerk idiocy and QQ)

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Aug 22, 2016, 2:25:49 PM
"
Reach existing tells me either Internal QA does a lot of drugs or has no clue how to build a fucking bow character.

So I'm gonna go with decree of Chris Wilson.
I think the reason Reach (and voidheart) ended up the way they are is that they were given some last minute buffs, and not given proper testing/balancing.
U MAD?
I think Voidheart was a good idea to improve melee. The problem with it is that it's too strong with some skills and doesn't do enough for most other melee skills. I have a feeling it was changed at the last minute and not tested (probably only caused bleeding and they thought it wasn't enough so they added another mod).

As for the topic, nothing is ever black or white. Some changes are caused by streamers, some whiners, some metrics.

But I do find it hilarious to ask the community how changes are made when the community can't find their ass with both hands.
[x] Analysis of the data gathered from everyone playing the game. I hope... I have seen stuff changed that looked like they gave in to uh, certain strong opinions on the forum, though.
Last edited by Alysma on Aug 22, 2016, 3:02:40 PM
Does it really matter if the results of said balancing efforts are consistently poor?

Personally I don't let it bother me anymore, I just adapt to whatever they decide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info