"We don't want the rich to get richer" logic; discuss.

"
EKTELESTES wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Why is that ? Because players got their freebies and fucked off for the rest of the league, thats why. You arent retaining players unless those players become part of the regular player numbers, the only reason people played perandus league was for the freebies and thats a fact.

Too bad, Chris himself had posted on Reddit that Perandus had better player retention than other leagues of the past and he also said it was probably due to Cadiro.

LOL

Holy fuck you dont know what youre talking about. Better retention literally means more people playing, that doesnt mean that suddenly its impossible for there to be a sharper drop in players leaving and we can see that from the steam charts alone

http://steamcharts.com/app/238960#6m

Peak Feb 29, 37k, NOT EVEN A MONTH INTO THE LEAGUE A DROP OFF OF 15,000 players, with another drop off of 10k within a month. By the end of may it went LOWER THAN THE AVERAGE, a measily 6000 players by the end of the league which is right around the normal average. What does this mean ? Ill say it again, the players got their freebies and fucked off, while the people who regularly played still played. The next league had significantly less players but didnt even have remotely the kind of fall off.

PS- Bolding your shitty arguments doesnt make them true, stop doing it.

Anyways, im done here. You dont know what youre talking about and its a complete waste of time talking to you, even when more than just me are telling you youre wrong.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 23, 2016, 3:27:15 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Perandus was a fucking failure in multiple aspects, just because retention was high doesnt mean it was good. Also another reason why the player retention argument is bullshit is because the numbers showed a sharper drop off than any other league previously. Why is that ? Because players got their freebies and fucked off for the rest of the league, thats why. You arent retaining players unless those players become part of the regular player numbers, the only reason people played perandus league was for the freebies and thats a fact.

And I'm sure the fact that Perandus was released concurrently with Labyrinth, the most controversial content to ever be added to PoE, bar none, has absolutely nothing to do with that dropoff.

Sure.

It may also be enlightening to remember that the people who whined the loudest about Perandus were the marketeers who could no longer sell their overpriced crap. Thread after thread of people pissing and moaning about how their ephemeral "wealth" was suffering. Meanwhile, the self-found players, myself included, were perfectly happy.

Of course I've long since realized that trying to convince you to see reason or use basic logic is tantamount to pissing in the wind. You argue like a liberal; presenting your opinion as empirical fact, accusing opponents of ignorance, and remaining in your own little walled-off version of reality.
This is a buff™
Last edited by AkuTenshiiZero on Aug 23, 2016, 3:28:45 PM
"
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Perandus was a fucking failure in multiple aspects, just because retention was high doesnt mean it was good. Also another reason why the player retention argument is bullshit is because the numbers showed a sharper drop off than any other league previously. Why is that ? Because players got their freebies and fucked off for the rest of the league, thats why. You arent retaining players unless those players become part of the regular player numbers, the only reason people played perandus league was for the freebies and thats a fact.

And I'm sure the fact that Perandus was released concurrently with Labyrinth, the most controversial content to ever be added to PoE, bar none, has absolutely nothing to do with that dropoff.

Sure.

It may also be enlightening to remember that the people who whined the loudest about Perandus were the marketeers who could no longer sell their overpriced crap. Thread after thread of people pissing and moaning about how their ephemeral "wealth" was suffering. Meanwhile, the self-found players, myself included, were perfectly happy.

Of course I've long since realized that trying to convince you to see reason or use basic logic is tantamount to pissing in the wind. You argue like a liberal; presenting your opinion as empirical fact, accusing opponents of ignorance, and remaining in your own little walled-off version of reality.
Both sides suffered from Perandus, why do you think its a one way street ? lmao.

It has everything to do with it. Labyrinth haters are nothing more than a Vocal Minority and its hilarious that you think that fall off is entirely attributed to the labyrinth.

I have like, 100 people on my friends list and the guild we have quite a bit, has become smaller but during Perandus league every single one of my friends was bored within a week, were casuals who got everything they wanted, and stopped play. Even casuals will tell you they got what they wanted and waiting for it to go to standard soo they can use it on their other characters rofl, many, many of my friends did that.

Edit - Not even going to keep that part actually, im just going to ignore you as per usual and your baiting attempt.

Edit 2 - I do find it comical though how you insult me and say that im a Liberal thinking when every adjective you just used to insult me is in line with a Republican, guess you dont know the difference. :^]
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 23, 2016, 4:03:48 PM
Am I alone who think that this rich people will always find a way to become richer? Just because they know ways to wealth better and have time to invest into getting rich as opposed to naive casuals who want to play 2 hours per day and get Exalted each time they enter map while whining about "Rich getting richer" in every thread possible?...
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Aug 23, 2016, 6:45:18 PM
The problem here is the fact that we are talking about economy in an action RPG.
"
Ashwin wrote:
The problem here is the fact that we are talking about economy in an action RPG.

the economists have their heads so far up their ass and are mostly whales too that keep this game alive that GGG is catering to them while the rest of us , which give 0 fucks about ingame wealth or economy in general have to suffer.

yet these badword people are clueless as to why this game is turning more and more into a speedrunner game with 0 replay value on one build but to make new builds only and when you get bored of it make a new one , only issue is "you need the monies".

so we´re not playing an ARPG actually.
we´re playing an economy simulator where your fun is decided by fucking others on poe.trade over and resell items higher.
by "flipping" , by being basically a merchant.

selffound mode is a joke and always has been.

that is the core issue of this game i and many others before have rabbled about since release in 2012-2013.

talking about it gets you muted ingame or sent on probation here.

i´ll prolly be edited by a moderator or sent on probation too , for pointing this out.

we didn´t have an actualy economy in d2 either.
selffound was completely possible and fun.
because a freaking baal didn´t drop you a rubbish unique or shitrare way under his itemlevel.

in this game , you´ve to go through one rng , then another and another and another and then vaal rng and link RNG inbetween and and and.

yet the elitist minority wonders , why people dislike trading or playing longer then a week or two into any league.

if i know i can have more fun in another game for a longer time - no ammount of new content in poe is going to keep me playing.

why?

because when i play a game i expect resultse appropriately with my time spent ingame.
wether its a competetive FPS game like QUAKE UT CS you name it , me getting better over time and improving my gamesense plus aim or timers and movement.
or if its an RTS me improving my micro / macro management reading enemies and deploying tactics and units on the fly without having to even think about it.

no in PoE , you have a very unreliable time investment scenario with either next to 0 or 100exalts in a month scenario.

and that is the core problem of this game , always has been and always will be which spooks away otherwise determined players to progress and upgrade themselves.

PoE is a lottery game , where you dont win actual money , just throw in a quarter (1 hour played) see what happens , the more quarters you throw in the more time you lose , and maybe gain one item or whatevere that is worth 24 quarters.

anyway TL;DR - GGG are hypocrites and have long ago given up on catering to anyone but the whales.

this might change with atlas of worlds and essence league but my hopes aren´t very high.
Check out the '80-20' rule or Pareto Principle. Many, many physical and even abstract systems follow a power law.

It's unfortunate, really.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Wrong, im not going over this again. You want to stay ignorant thats fine with me, afterall the changes to T1 rarity right after Perandus prove exactly what im saying and in the podcast when they discussed perandus league they themselves admitted the league was overly gracious and even said that one of their reasons for bumping T1 rarity back up was because it doesnt feel very exciting to a players when you find something rare and it isnt worth much.

Giving away freebies does nothing for the game and the league numbers and expectations thereafter prove that, which is exactly why people are whining about not being able to get a 50-100ex item for 4ex anymore via essence crafting.

Honestly its amazing how much the community wants to ruin the integrity of the game.

Edit - In before "youre only saying this shit because you have no life or are rich in game". Nope im a casual whos earned my keep

Wrong.
Chris said, "With the availability of items" Perandus not only had the best retention, but players were getting further into the game, getting into endgame when they didn't previously, getting into higher tier maps, getting higher levels, and re-rolling alts when previously they just rolled one character. They didn't quit when they got their "freebies", they stuck around, played longer, did higher tier content and re-rolled:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwi6U7MojDQ&feature=youtu.be&t=8m6s

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

most folks i've introduced to the game (who enjoyed D2) tend to get bored after the first couple of weeks less due to not getting the powerful gear the want, and more from beating the first 4 acts and then finding that to get to any other content, they have to grind through the entire story from start to finish two more times.

the person who introduced me to the game said that the game grooms people to be speedrunners, and I don't disagree at this point.
"
AndIMustMask wrote:
most folks i've introduced to the game (who enjoyed D2) tend to get bored after the first couple of weeks less due to not getting the powerful gear the want, and more from beating the first 4 acts and then finding that to get to any other content, they have to grind through the entire story from start to finish two more times.

the person who introduced me to the game said that the game grooms people to be speedrunners, and I don't disagree at this point.

My friend that works in McD is disgusted he cannot buy porshe or lamborgini ! He says he works as hard as those having the said cars!

See the analogy ?
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info