"We don't want the rich to get richer" logic; discuss.

"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
Mr_Bill wrote:
For the naive, most people who get rich on temp leagues are the ones that trade cross league in order to get a nice amount of currency to buy up the goods. Doesn't matter that it isn't sanctioned, it happens all the time.

If you know someone doing it report them, they will get banned.

DELETED
wow that guys are fast, keep it up^^

wow did I piss somebody off, delete the stuff if u would like, I dont do rmt but its a fact that it is working in poe
Last edited by FreedomOI on Aug 22, 2016, 6:12:50 PM
The only people who care whether the economy deflates is the rich.

Personally, I'd much prefer it if there were no items more than 3ex. Means i could explore so much more of this game.

But i also understand why the economy is protected because people love spending 16 how's a day grinding trying to find something valuable and this is also good business for GGG.
Thats not how it works OP . Not at all
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
brunowa wrote:
The only people who care whether the economy deflates is the rich.

Personally, I'd much prefer it if there were no items more than 3ex. Means i could explore so much more of this game.

But i also understand why the economy is protected because people love spending 16 how's a day grinding trying to find something valuable and this is also good business for GGG.

I just played a villlage ruin map + 2 bosses in lvl 73. My build wasnt even keyed to beat those. Learn the mechanics hf gl. My complete build was worth about 15c.
"
Cataca wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"Youre wrong"

> Goes off on some random ranting tangent thats completely irrelevant.

Good to know my time here was wasted immediately. Now off to work.

How was that a random tangent of the guy? You are on one.

If things are inexpensive, you dont need huge amounts of wealth to buy what you need. That is why the statement "the poor get poorer" is factually simply wrong, seen from a PoV of poor person that will have similar wealth to what he had before, but can now afford much more.

And mr. poor guy could afford everything he wants, not by playing the trading game, but by picking up currency drops while running around killing stuff - aka. playing the game.

Your point is that mr. poor guy wont be amassing stacks of exalts because that lucky drop costs one 5th of what it did before. His point is that he doesnt need to.

He wins the argument. You are off a tangent.

"The poorer dont get poorer when the item that would normally have value doesnt have value"

You plain and simple dont know what youre talking about at all. Coin devaluation is a prime example of that. About 1.5 months into the league there were soo many items that it didnt even become worth it to buy the items with coins off Cadiro.

If everyone owns one, then who the fuck is buying ? No one, which is exactly why they became surplus and crashed to the point where they werent even worth buying off Cadiro.

Poor get poorer for multiple reasons. One being that the item would normally have a significantly higher value. Theres a huge fucking different between 1 exalt and 7, especially after exalt prices rise to the norm. Second, if you cant fucking sell your item because everyone owns it, how the fuck are you making any money off Cadiro ? You arent.

Edit - PS

Rich players are rich for a reason, because they play more, have more knowledge, have better efficiency, have better methodology, etc. Trying to get your way by whining without thinking gives you results similar to Perandus league where even casuals who thought they were going to make money ended up making relatively nothing and then later whining about the complete surplus of items and how nothing would sell.

If it werent the case GGG would have never bumped the T1 rarity back up, guess what, they did. Nothing feels worse than finding a rare item and finding out its worthless.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 23, 2016, 12:18:59 AM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Nothing feels worse than finding a rare item and finding out its worthless.

Really? Feels pretty good to me! I'd prefer to keep it and use it.

I'd love to see the market flooded with good gear.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"The poorer dont get poorer when the item that would normally have value doesnt have value"

You plain and simple dont know what youre talking about at all. Coin devaluation is a prime example of that. About 1.5 months into the league there were soo many items that it didnt even become worth it to buy the items with coins off Cadiro.

If everyone owns one, then who the fuck is buying ? No one, which is exactly why they became surplus and crashed to the point where they werent even worth buying off Cadiro.

Poor get poorer for multiple reasons. One being that the item would normally have a significantly higher value. Theres a huge fucking different between 1 exalt and 7, especially after exalt prices rise to the norm. Second, if you cant fucking sell your item because everyone owns it, how the fuck are you making any money off Cadiro ? You arent.

Edit - PS

Rich players are rich for a reason, because they play more, have more knowledge, have better efficiency, have better methodology, etc. Trying to get your way by whining without thinking gives you results similar to Perandus league where even casuals who thought they were going to make money ended up making relatively nothing and then later whining about the complete surplus of items and how nothing would sell.

If it werent the case GGG would have never bumped the T1 rarity back up, guess what, they did. Nothing feels worse than finding a rare item and finding out its worthless.

The poor didn't get poorer - their buying power INCREASED because their currency drops stayed the same, but items got cheaper. The "poor" don't flip like the rich. They're "poor" because they just buy with the currency that drops for them, and the occasional sale. So when rare uniques get cheaper, and their "income" stays they same, many more builds are open to them, and they play longer, trying out new builds. This was confirmed as Perandus had the best player retention since launch.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
EKTELESTES wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
says Cadiro was the best thing ever but all he did was make the poor get poorer because all items became relatively worthless.

Best not to talk economy when you dont understand it to be honest.

How did he make the poor poorer when ANYBODY had a good chance of finding at least a shavs, not to mention Voll's Devotion + Headhunter?

In like 10k hours in the game, I have NEVER EVER dropped a shavs; yet Cadiro gave me 2 shavs + voll's + headhunter, among other 1ex ++ items.

Also, do you play Sim City or a Trading game or an Action RPG? I want to have items available; If I have the items available / have good chance of getting them, there is not need to trade a lot :P So what????

Lmao. The same way the lottery doesn't help the poor get rich. The odds of getting an item worth a boatload of ex (and having the coins to nab it to boot) isn't enough to help poor players rise up the wealth ladder. The other dude was right before freaking out you should know what you're talking about lol.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Edit - PS

The poor didn't get poorer - their buying power INCREASED because their currency drops stayed the same, but items got cheaper. The "poor" don't flip like the rich. They're "poor" because they just buy with the currency that drops for them, and the occasional sale. So when rare uniques get cheaper, and their "income" stays they same, many more builds are open to them, and they play longer, trying out new builds. This was confirmed as Perandus had the best player retention since launch.
Wrong, im not going over this again. You want to stay ignorant thats fine with me, afterall the changes to T1 rarity right after Perandus prove exactly what im saying and in the podcast when they discussed perandus league they themselves admitted the league was overly gracious and even said that one of their reasons for bumping T1 rarity back up was because it doesnt feel very exciting to a players when you find something rare and it isnt worth much.

Perandus was a fucking failure in multiple aspects, just because retention was high doesnt mean it was good. Also another reason why the player retention argument is bullshit is because the numbers showed a sharper drop off than any other league previously. Why is that ? Because players got their freebies and fucked off for the rest of the league, thats why. You arent retaining players unless those players become part of the regular player numbers, the only reason people played perandus league was for the freebies and thats a fact.

Giving away freebies does nothing for the game and the league numbers and expectations thereafter prove that, which is exactly why people are whining about not being able to get a 50-100ex item for 4ex anymore via essence crafting.

Honestly its amazing how much the community wants to ruin the integrity of the game.

Edit - In before "youre only saying this shit because you have no life or are rich in game". Nope im a casual whos earned my keep
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 23, 2016, 2:05:48 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Why is that ? Because players got their freebies and fucked off for the rest of the league, thats why. You arent retaining players unless those players become part of the regular player numbers, the only reason people played perandus league was for the freebies and thats a fact.

Too bad, Chris himself had posted on Reddit that Perandus had better player retention than other leagues of the past and he also said it was probably due to Cadiro.

EDIT: Found it for you :P

"[–]chris_wilson 8 points 4 months ago*
The actual user numbers aren't dropping by that amount, thankfully. They show a slightly better retention than previous leagues (probably thanks to Cadiro)."

LOL

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Aug 23, 2016, 3:18:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info