"We don't want the rich to get richer" logic; discuss.

I don't care if the rich get richer, I don't care about rich people, I want to know if I'll have an enjoyable experience in my gameplay, which comes also in the form of "looting and getting good shit".

If we come to a term where all level of people (casual, hardcore gamers, trade tycoons, your grandmother) are having a good looting experience, no one cares if the rich get richer. From a billionaire viewpoint, a switzerland citizen and a rio citizen are poor, but one is going to get 3 meals a day and another one will have to rob people to live. The question to have is "Does the next expansion increase the ceiling of enjoyment ?", not "Will I be able to reach the level of someone rich who eat spreadsheet 16 hours a day while I'm jerking myself off".

Which is also why Perandus was a good experience, no one gives a shit about stuff buying/selling low when you're busy playing a new build thanks to Cadiro giving you a piece of gear you've never seen before.
"
Sygnano wrote:
I don't care if the rich get richer, I don't care about rich people, I want to know if I'll have an enjoyable experience in my gameplay, which comes also in the form of "looting and getting good shit".

If we come to a term where all level of people (casual, hardcore gamers, trade tycoons, your grandmother) are having a good looting experience, no one cares if the rich get richer. From a billionaire viewpoint, a switzerland citizen and a rio citizen are poor, but one is going to get 3 meals a day and another one will have to rob people to live. The question to have is "Does the next expansion increase the ceiling of enjoyment ?", not "Will I be able to reach the level of someone rich who eat spreadsheet 16 hours a day while I'm jerking myself off".

Which is also why Perandus was a good experience, no one gives a shit about stuff buying/selling low when you're busy playing a new build thanks to Cadiro giving you a piece of gear you've never seen before.

LMAO you had me LOLing at the end of the second paragraph.

I'll give you a +1 though. Lots of people bitched about perandus because it "Fucked the economy"...I tend to think of it like you though. I built 5 completely different characters during perandus and it was freaking awesome. I loved every minute of it because of all of those build enablers being rather affordable. Sure I didn't make 100ex...but I didn't need 100ex so it worked out. Deflation is a beautiful thing imo.
For the naive, most people who get rich on temp leagues are the ones that trade cross league in order to get a nice amount of currency to buy up the goods. Doesn't matter that it isn't sanctioned, it happens all the time.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
If there's one thing I hate in life is "political correctness". And you, sir, with all due respect, are the most representative sample of that following.

You could have a brilliant political career if you're not already a politician :P

That isn't political correctness. Its reading comprehension and language analysis.

I don't necessarily agree with Innervation in this or many other topics but he is clearly intelligent and understands how to argue about language (likely has a legal background). You may not like it but he is usually correct and makes a valid point in this topic; one that has nothing to do with political correctness.
Last edited by whitelytning on Aug 22, 2016, 4:20:34 PM
cadiro sucked.. best thing i got was a voltaxic... and I FARMED IT LIKE CRAAAZY with a min-maxxed lowlife movespeed character ... like 200% increased movespeed
cadiro was tooootal garbage

i actually DID get my first shavs ever from perandus, but it was a mob

ohhh and i got rich as hell off of perandus .. but im not gonna say how, its a secret
.. has nothing to do with ME finding cadiro
Last edited by CaoMengde on Aug 22, 2016, 4:44:35 PM
Only reason Cadiro sucks is because I didn't play that league and they didn't add him to the core game so I am missing out on all those free shavs and mjolners and kaoms that apparently everyone got. The ONE league were SSF players should play, I skipped :/
nah cadiro was only good like the first week before they nerfed him Hard

then like 90 percent of the things he sold, were cheaper to buy from people on poe.trade
cause the price of those items were set by cadiros price minus people wanting to sell items fast so the people set their prices even cheaper, priced to sell

best thing i got was a voltaxic, everything else was vendor trash or people were cheaper..
he became known as "scamdiro" .. cause poe.trade was cheaper .. oh and he occasionally sold vendor trash 1chaos items for like 20chaos worth of coins

oh he gave out like 10 chaos or 10 regret once in awhile

oh i mean the ONLY notable item was the voltaxic .. oh and he offered a kaoms heart, but poe.trade was cheaper so i passed on it.

Last edited by CaoMengde on Aug 22, 2016, 4:42:55 PM
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
That's exactly what he said.

"so we feel that this particular case was a bit too far in the direction of "the rich get richer"."

If that doesn't mean "we don't want the rich to get richer" in plain English, I don't know how else to explain it to you 2 guys :P

The thing is, you used "". That implies he used those exact words. He did not.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:17:33 PM
didn read 5 pages...

Since we're talking about ECONOMY here, Cadiro was the best thing ever in PoE. Why? Because it gave ANYONE a chance at becoming rich and actually gave you strong incentives to keep playing and raise the chances of meeting him and get a good deal; at the same time, Cadiro encouraged you to try out more builds as you had the item(s) you needed to do that.

I was nexed to perfect geared in the 2weeks cardio on day 2-3. Honestly Cardio took any incentiv away to play. I muted my sound because even an ex would be worth picking up. I mean BiS gear, is BiS gear even if u throw a 100 ex after this.

What I would love to see is cardiro until lvl 70 maps, just give us the lvling stuff. 3 choices for dex,int strg...that would be lovely

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info