"We don't want the rich to get richer" logic; discuss.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"Youre wrong"

> Goes off on some random ranting tangent thats completely irrelevant.

Good to know my time here was wasted immediately. Now off to work.

How was that a random tangent of the guy? You are on one.

If things are inexpensive, you dont need huge amounts of wealth to buy what you need. That is why the statement "the poor get poorer" is factually simply wrong, seen from a PoV of poor person that will have similar wealth to what he had before, but can now afford much more.

And mr. poor guy could afford everything he wants, not by playing the trading game, but by picking up currency drops while running around killing stuff - aka. playing the game.

Your point is that mr. poor guy wont be amassing stacks of exalts because that lucky drop costs one 5th of what it did before. His point is that he doesnt need to.

He wins the argument. You are off a tangent.

Well said, guys, some very nice suggestions!!!

Basically, this looks more and more like Talisman 1.1

Honestly, the only motivation I have for this league is the Atlas system + curious to see the new bosses; that's all.

P.S. I call myself "a communist pig" because I want GGG to give poor people easier access to high quality items and I get reported for attacking another player o.O What is the world coming to, these days !!!

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Aug 22, 2016, 10:31:20 AM
I'm not hyped abut essences... cause, layers upon layers of RNG... yawn. We've seen that already in Talisman (the least fun league since Domination). Also, I dont ever bother to level masters to 8 in league, because it's boring as hell. So that's a non-issue off my back... Still, Ill play temp league because I love starting from scratch.

Now, there's nothing wrong with "the rich getting richer". That's how it should be, if someone plays the game to accumulate wealth.

Essence meta-crafting would prob. flood the market with very good items, which would make the game even easier. That's the problematic thing - PoE is already quite a faceroll - you have to go deep into endgame to find some challenge (or not, depends on your map RNG).

All is good, then. Preemptive nerf saves the day. And the rich will still get richer.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Aug 22, 2016, 10:35:51 AM
This "Wilsonomics" might not be enough to prevent this league causing an economic crash (price of gear) on standard. A LOT of GG gear is going to be created IMO. Going to be really interesting!
"
BatHeart wrote:
A LOT of GG gear is going to be created IMO.

Why do you think that? (After this announced change I mean).
"
TwistedTrip wrote:
"
What a terrible statement.

What the fuck is that.

Explain?

I_NO is of that 1% in PoE, so of course he wouldn't like that statement.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
acme_myst wrote:
"
BatHeart wrote:
A LOT of GG gear is going to be created IMO.

Why do you think that? (After this announced change I mean).

Even being able guarantee 1 T1 (or better) roll, is some awesome power of control, which I think we're maybe under-estimating.

For the price of a top level essence, your item that otherwise rolled 4 or 5 great rolls during a chaos spam session now has 5 or 6 great rolls. And we all know 1 extra awesome mod increases value exponentially (at least, it did).

And 1 level 1 essence drop per area will provide ample supply. How price works out I am still thinking about. Also thinking about how some T1 mods are a lot harder to roll than others.

"
BatHeart wrote:

[...]

For the price of a top level essence, your item that otherwise rolled 4 or 5 great rolls during a chaos spam session now has 5 or 6 great rolls.

[...]

And 1 level 1 essence drop per area will provide ample supply.

See, that's the thing; I don't expect there will be "ample supply" for chaos-spam-like crafting with these, especially not top-tier essences.

Taking into account that it takes 700+ level 1 essences to get 1 level 7, you're going to be in for a lot of grinding. Sure, they drop up to level 5, of which you'll only need 9. Still there's, what, 25 different types announced? Even assuming you find 1 level 5 per zone at endgame (don't think so), that's 225 zones for one of the top-tier essences you want---and that's assuming a uniform distribution over the different types, which, knowing GGG, will probably not be the case.

Now multiply those numbers by how many chaos you'd normally spend spamming to get a good item; 500-1000 on armour pieces and such is not unheard of, and weapons are more difficult still.
Awaiting the crash of mirrored goods even with this limiter.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 22, 2016, 12:19:35 PM
I think the biggest effect this would have is on the price of Ex orbs. They could be worth 3 to 4 times if not more then what they normally are with the crafting method in the game. So yes the persons with the ability to generate Ex orbs through trading would be getting insanely rich this league if they kept it the way it was.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info