Essence Metamod Crafting

So just to make sure I've got this correct in my mind:

Whereas before you would have been able to roll your affixes, lock them with master crafting and then apply the essence; now you can only use the essence, lock the essence (and any other affixes which were in the same category as the essence affix) and then reroll the unwanted mods?
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
If your loaded with currency you get to enjoy better gear, quite frankly the very core of crafting in PoE is way out of line with most average player means from simply grinding alone, its very disappointing to see crafting some items simply unobtainable due to high cost and then to use cost as a barrier or economical control is just wrong.

There is a huge imbalance among gear currently available in PoE that is considered top T1 rolled or GG and this seems to get worse with each expansion, the crafting system seems to be custom made for the rich,no amount of grinding will EVER afford those top tier items and along comes a item that might have given the lower and middle economy players a decent crafting shot.

Crafting good gear should be affordable for everyone who puts in enough time to scrape up a few exalts but that really isnt the case, truth be told 1 good piece of crafted gear can cost more than any 10 average players might achieve from drops,,that is a broken system, now essences are not going to fix that but could help make it slightly better.

The entire crafting system needs an overhaul. The gameplay should be the focus, not how can i beg,borrow or grind enough in x amount of weeks to get gear capable of enjoying end game content. PoE is a great game broken by a very unrealistic economy.

There should be more Essence like items, more crafting diversity and a more realistic cost per item, rng aside, it should NEVER require 100s of ex for a full set of GG gear.

Make crafting gear fun not cost prohibitive.Or at least increase the droprates enough to compensate for the inflated prices controlled by the 1%
Remember when high end gear was really high end !
Classic Audio all the way,olderthandirt and twice as
Grizzly :)
"
Grizzledmoe wrote:
If your loaded with currency you get to enjoy better gear, quite frankly the very core of crafting in PoE is way out of line with most average player means from simply grinding alone, its very disappointing to see crafting some items simply unobtainable due to high cost and then to use cost as a barrier or economical control is just wrong.

There is a huge imbalance among gear currently available in PoE that is considered top T1 rolled or GG and this seems to get worse with each expansion, the crafting system seems to be custom made for the rich,no amount of grinding will EVER afford those top tier items and along comes a item that might have given the lower and middle economy players a decent crafting shot.

Crafting good gear should be affordable for everyone who puts in enough time to scrape up a few exalts but that really isnt the case, truth be told 1 good piece of crafted gear can cost more than any 10 average players might achieve from drops,,that is a broken system, now essences are not going to fix that but could help make it slightly better.

The entire crafting system needs an overhaul. The gameplay should be the focus, not how can i beg,borrow or grind enough in x amount of weeks to get gear capable of enjoying end game content. PoE is a great game broken by a very unrealistic economy.

There should be more Essence like items, more crafting diversity and a more realistic cost per item, rng aside, it should NEVER require 100s of ex for a full set of GG gear.

Make crafting gear fun not cost prohibitive.Or at least increase the droprates enough to compensate for the inflated prices controlled by the 1%

This, so much this.
So there is no known way to get a magic item with an essence Mod on it ?
IGN @VOC

See all my reddit posts (even the shadowbanned ones)

https://www.reddit.com/user/minescsm/
"
Grizzledmoe wrote:

Dude, have you even purchased a Supporter Pack yet? Get out of here with the complaining please unless youve actually played for years and supported the Development of such a perfect ARPG. Crafting is one of the funnest aspects of the game, and you dont need to be 'loaded with currency' in order to craft a good item that would sell for major profit. GG items are a different discussion, yes in order to obtain those, you need to have quite a few exalts to waste, but please keep in mind, when crafting: NOTHING is guaranteed. You could blow 100 exalts, and end up with an 80ex item, thus losing 20ex in the process. Or you could blow 150ex, and end up breaking even with a 150ex item. Most people cant even get to that, because getting to that level mainly relies upon simple RNG and luck with drops.

Please stop critiquing such a wonderful game (especially without even having a supporter title), to come in here and speak poorly of such a great game, is extremely tiltworthy.
So... holy crap... just wasted 5 exalt on a multimod (2ex), %ES bench (1ex), and prefixes cannot be changed (2ex). Rolled with Deafening Essence of Contempt and the item was ruined. Plus the Elreon diamond ring base and cost of the essence, this was a ~7ex loss.

There should be a warning in the subscripts of all essences, at least when you press alt, that describes this nerf. May I have my hard-earned exalts back? :)

I don't bother crafting with essences. Stopped doing that within a week or so of that league going live.

Because they're just implemented wrong, and while the single 'stat' the essence affects might be okay, all of the rest invariably come out sucking hind teat.

Essences should simply replace the prefix or topmost suffix and leave the rest unchanged or, at most, reroll them (which would dump them into hind teat territory every time, granted). Perhaps even add a suffix if there's an available slot - ignoring entirely if that suffix is already there (i.e. adding a second 'fire resistance' to something that already has it which masters won't do) just to make essences very different from the useless stash clutter they are now.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Essences + Prefixes cannot be changed behaviour. I lost 20 ex. You lost customer. I gave away or vendored all my essences and hidden them in my filter, in case I will play again when you fix ES.
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info