Weird items that people buy

What are the items that you often sell, without understanding the buyers' logic?

My own observations:

- Level 86 gear has been in high demand the entire league, with some buyers refusing to take the 84 gear. I can get two or three times the price for 86 gear compared to 84 if I remember to check. Are there already mods that only occur above 84?

- Pacifism (unique jewel), I'm able to sell it sometimes for an alc or two. I assume there is another unique/build that has a property which necessitates zero frenzy charges.

- Self flagellation (unique jewel) seems to sell even with a bad roll. I presume a part of some build (I tried a self-flag build but the benefits didn't justify the curses).

Any other experiences/comments?

Last bumped on Aug 22, 2016, 11:21:25 AM
"
BatHeart wrote:

- Pacifism (unique jewel), I'm able to sell it sometimes for an alc or two. I assume there is another unique/build that has a property which necessitates zero frenzy charges.

- Self flagellation (unique jewel) seems to sell even with a bad roll. I presume a part of some build (I tried a self-flag build but the benefits didn't justify the curses).

The Snakebite unique gloves cause attacks to poison enemies at maximum frenzy charges. I've seen people use pacifism to remove their charges so they always poison without having to invest in any frenzy generation.

Best use I've seen for Self flagellation is in a totem build that runs Soul Mantle (the +1 totem chest that curses you every time one of your totems dies).
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Pacifism 'works' for the builds with mentioned above Snakebite gloves
and Daresso's Passion sword(s) which give you
"
(60 to 80)% increased Damage while you have no Frenzy Charges

Another thing(s) are Ascendancy classes (specifically, Raider and Scion'ed Raider) which benefit from "while at maximum frenzy charges".

The thing is, most people think that those bonuses aren't worth losing 3 jewel slots.
Well, to each his own.

Self-Flagellation only use is the "Soul Mantle build" right now.

Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:13:07 PM
how do you get ilvl86 ? T15 map are level 82, so drop from rare mobs are ilvl84 max ?
Can we get high ilvl from boxes ?
"
reliq wrote:
how do you get ilvl86 ? T15 map are level 82, so drop from rare mobs are ilvl84 max ?
Can we get high ilvl from boxes ?

If I had to guess, strongboxes with + levels are one option. Another would be a +1 zana that has either another master (with a side zone) or a trial in the +1 map.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Peiople probably buy self-flagellation because they get confused between "Enemies can have 1 additional Curse" and "You can have one additional Curse".

"
HarukaTeno wrote:
Another thing(s) are Ascendancy classes (specifically, Raider and Scion'ed Raider) which benefit from "while at maximum frenzy charges".

The thing is, most people think that those bonuses aren't worth losing 3 jewel slots.
Well, to each his own.

For the scion, having +20% movespeed in town and hideouts etc is pretty cool.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Lol yes I myself thought the curse mod on self flagg applied to enemies at one point.

Thanks for explanations re max frenzy charges - mystery solved :)

All my >84 gear comes from +2 etc strong boxes in T15 maps.

I sell unid maps in temp leagues now t1 and phantasmagoria i understand but the rest?
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Last edited by jackof8lades on Aug 22, 2016, 7:58:42 AM
"
jackof8lades wrote:
I sell unid maps in temp leagues now t1 and phantasmagoria i understand but the rest?

'Cause challenges?
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info