2.4 [Lighty] HC Hiero Incinerate Totems

I chose to make this for atlas/essence because I HIGHLY DOUBT incinerate/spell totem/hieropahnt will be nerfed and there is zero fucking point to plan a build before they release path notes in general, ascendancies are worth so much atm that waiting for patch notes before making a build just makes more sense but here I am. I will update this leading up to atlas/essence with whatever new shit is added.

Passive Tree:
Required Uniques:

Gems & Links:
  • Incinerate➥Spell Totem➥Faster Casting➥Controlled Destruction➥Fire Penetration➥Elemental Focus
  • Cast When Damage Taken(1)➥Immortal Call(3)➥Increased Duration
  • Cast When Damage Taken(1)➥Arctic Breath(3)➥Greater Multiple Projectiles➥Chain
  • Faster Casting➥Rapid Decay➥Less Duration➥Lightning Warp
  • Ice Spear➥Spell Echo➥Greater Multiple Projectiles➥Power Charge On Crit
  • Anger➥Lightning Golem➥Vaal Skill of Your Choice

Bandits:
  • Help Oak = +40 Maximum Life
  • Help Alira = 5% Cast Speed
  • Kill All = +1 Passive Point

Incinerate Mechanics & Stuff:

Incinerate gains more damage when cast continuously from one spot, up to a maximum of 150% more damage (rather than three separate 50% more damage modifiers). The next stage is reached after four casts. At each stage, the flames become visibly larger and will spread out in a small cone instead of always going in a straight line. The spell will revert to its first stage if the player stops casting for more than a fraction of a second, even if they do not move from the spot they are standing on.

Cast Speed lets you reach phase 3 (150% more) incinerate quicker so it scales very well.

You can get projectile speed on....
6-8% on Viridian jewels
20/30% increased Incinerate Projectile Speed via helm lab enchant
up to 46% via Wand
up to 40% quality on Incinerate Gem

The more proj the farther your incinerate goes and the faster you'll clear overall

Different Totem MTX's

Hierophant Ascendancy Breakdown:

Sanctuary of Thought grants 50% reduced mana cost and additional maximum energy shield equal to a percentage of the user's maximum mana. It also grants another 50% reduced mana cost if your at full ES.

Divine Guidance grants additional 150 maximum mana and grants a 10% baby MoM

Ritual of Awakening increases the player's maximum totem limit by two, but causes totems to deal 8% less damage for each active totem deployed.

IGN: lighty_cyclone [Feel free to ask any questions ]

When you message me in-game make sure the player is in the [Lighty] guild; otherwise it isn't me

LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Aug 29, 2016, 5:11:10 PM
Last bumped on Jan 17, 2017, 5:17:26 PM
HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

want moar vendor food? C:
"
Anavels wrote:
HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

want moar vendor food? C:

plzzz
LightyGaming.com
Hello!

I've got a couple of questions...

first, how do you plan on triggering elemental overload?

second, if I want to go MF and use greed's embrace, will i lose too much damage?

third... is rightous decree really necessary? Seems like you have a ton of mana already by being HP.

fourth, what auras do you plan on using?

TY in advance!
"
Shishiu wrote:

I'm thinking either ice spear or orb of storms.
"
Isdp wrote:
"
Shishiu wrote:

I'm thinking either ice spear or orb of storms.

Looking Like GMP + Ice Spear + Echo + PCoC/Blind/Something
LightyGaming.com
"
Shishiu wrote:
Hello!

I've got a couple of questions...

second, if I want to go MF and use greed's embrace, will i lose too much damage?

third... is rightous decree really necessary? Seems like you have a ton of mana already by being HP.

fourth, what auras do you plan on using?

TY in advance!

See above for EE thing

If your going mf I just wouldn't play this build, you can but flametotem is less investment if your just going to cull

I do have alot of mana but its pretty value considering im 40% mom which can eat your mana quickly

most likely just running anger, maybe aa too
LightyGaming.com
Hi Newbie + Noob here

i was just woundering why use rain of splinters rather than GMP or LMP?

from my point of thought rain splinters have around 30-50% reduce damage (depending on roll)
VS GMP lvl20 26% less proj dmg or LMP lvl20 16% less proj dmg so isnt GMP or LMP (with high quality +10% cast speed) batter?

*sorry for bad english(if its hard to understand #googletranslate)

-Haru
Peace
"
harukid wrote:
Hi Newbie + Noob here

i was just woundering why use rain of splinters rather than GMP or LMP?

from my point of thought rain splinters have around 30-50% reduce damage (depending on roll)
VS GMP lvl20 26% less proj dmg or LMP lvl20 16% less proj dmg so isnt GMP or LMP (with high quality +10% cast speed) batter?

*sorry for bad english(if its hard to understand #googletranslate)

-Haru

So long story short using Rain of Splinters saves you a gem socket making it an effective extra link and 30-50% reduced damage is much MUCH less than 26% LESS damage as ones multiplicative vs additive value.

Basically

additive: 300%+100% = 400%
multiplicative: 300%*100%=600%

Meaning that in an instance where its 1 value its the same, but once you start adding other % values its multiplied instead of added.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Aug 24, 2016, 12:38:42 PM
"
Lighty wrote:

So long story short using Rain of Splinters saves you a gem socket making it an effective extra link and 30-50% reduced damage is much MUCH less than 26% LESS damage as ones multiplicative vs additive value.

Basically

additive: 300%+100% = 400%
multiplicative: 300%*100%=600%

Meaning that in an instance where its 1 value its the same, but once you start adding other % values its multiplied instead of added.

ahhh i can see clearly now thnx for this insight-full info and i am look forward for your build

it seams just like flame totem yet a lot different
Peace
Last edited by harukid on Aug 25, 2016, 1:37:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info