What are you most excited for in 2.4.0?

This might be a bit boring but the reveal of new base types made me quite pumped, some of them are finally filling the void, like the life amulet, so good!
kiwi nation
"
Kujar3 wrote:
This might be a bit boring but the reveal of new base types made me quite pumped, some of them are finally filling the void, like the life amulet, so good!

For every one of you who get pumped over this type of thing, I have to wonder how many quit over the type of power creep these items are a prime example of.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Everyone gets their turn. This time it's "end game". Ok. I can live with that. But work on the core game next. Smooth out the difficulty curve that makes Acts 1-3 trivial if you can beat act IV on the previous difficulty. That's the main thing wrong with your game.

Power creep is making it almost impossible for the core game to be difficult for anyone with even a little bit of experience with the game. I'd kill for a veteran mode with no advanced drops and just way more difficulty.

OT: I really don't know. I was really excited until I actually saw the announcement and once I realized it was literally just more maps but with slightly more control. I dunno, I sort of lost some of that excitement. I'll have to read the patch notes and see if all the little things get me eager to play again.

If not, I might skip out until Act 5. PoE is great but when you've sunk as many hours as I have into the game, it is hard to come back without long breaks in between unless something really changes things up. This expansion looks to mostly be more of the same. That said, I reserve judgement until patch notes drop and I see how I am feeling.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
2.4 is the expansion I will like the most, I'm pretty sure. Maps aren't a bad endgame in general but running the same maps over and over again is boring. Now with 2.4 we get tons of new maps plus a rework of many old maps. That is SOOOOOOO HUGE at least for me. I wasn't a huge fan of the last expansion but this time it will be nothing but great. Plus there are little bonus features like all masters in your hideout or Navali in your hideout that are really nice too. I wasn't that hyped for at least 2 years.
2.4 will make poe great again!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Everyone gets their turn. This time it's "end game". Ok. I can live with that. But work on the core game next. Smooth out the difficulty curve that makes Acts 1-3 trivial if you can beat act IV on the previous difficulty. That's the main thing wrong with your game.
It's been an issue since Open Beta, Act 4 made it worse but it was already pretty bad to begin with.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

GGG has always had trouble balancing the difficulty progression curve of the 3 difficulty levels as each new act is added. Unfortunately I don't see this getting fixed as GGG wants each act to be harder than the previous (this is a reasonable goal) but for GGG desiring act 4 to be significantly harder than act 3 that makes the first 3 acts of the next difficulty level up trivial compared to the previous act 4.

So next year unless GGG adopts an idea like I suggested where veteran players (anyone with a level 68 or higher build) can skip Normal and start in Cruel and GGG can re-balance Normal Act 1 to be softer so new players don't quit at Brutus or Merveil boss fight and never get to Act 2 then Act 5 is likely only going to exacerbate this problem.

Act 5 should leverage the 3 times through levels of difficulty for both new and veteran players
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Aug 21, 2016, 12:16:38 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

For every one of you who get pumped over this type of thing, I have to wonder how many quit over the type of power creep these items are a prime example of.

You may or may not care, but compared to how titles like Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft handle power creep, PoE's solution is quite minimalist and elegant. That's not to say there isn't also room to increase difficulty alongside of it, but in some ways they have. We'll be able to run 11 property maps next league.

I think you're underestimating the positives of what power creep does for the longevity of the game while overrating the negatives.
"
Arrowneous wrote:

So next year unless GGG adopts an idea like I suggested where veteran players (anyone with a level 68 or higher build) can skip Normal and start in Cruel and GGG can re-balance Normal Act 1 to be softer so new players don't quit at Brutus or Merveil boss fight and never get to Act 2 then Act 5 is likely only going to exacerbate this problem.

What about races?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The patch notes... until then I'm too tired of trying to guess what people mean when they say "2.4".

The 2 or the 4, duh. Well, maybe the "."
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
I wanted to make a caustic arrow build with the new Obscurantis helmet but as somebody pointed out today, the word "attack" in the last damage mod completely ruins the use of Caustic arrow with it lol

wanted to use it paired with the new essence mod that applies 500 DOT on 10Sec on hit
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Aug 21, 2016, 3:48:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info