What are you most excited for in 2.4.0?

Hey there everyone!

Just curious, from what's been revealed what has you most excited? What has you hungry for more?

For me personally, multithreading! (Haven't tried the beta) Because it will make everything else feel so much better but that's a slight cop out I guess. Great to see PoE performance getting some love.

There are many things to be excited for in the coming mini expansion..

Spoiler

#NeverGoing90
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2016, 12:34:34 AM
When 2.4.0 i'll check the forums and reddit and if it's worth it i'll download the patch .

There are other games too and my free time is not enough for every single update or league , if that's what people call Prophecy anyways .
All masters in hideout. The first really progressive change that added something to the game since years.
"
Bananaplasm wrote:
All masters in hideout. The first really progressive change that added something to the game since years.

wont change much tbh and that shouldve been there ages ago.

Creator
Mapping. I do all the maps every league anyway, so it's pure bonus for me to get a stacking 1% map drop bonus. Also targeted farming of my favorite map tile sets.
im actually looking forward to the new league. i've only played standard and tried one other league, but this one has my interest and i'll at least be trying it.
I'm looking forward to the atlas. For once, there seems to be a clear defined goal to achieve. I may actually try to go for 100 this league.
The patch notes... until then I'm too tired of trying to guess what people mean when they say "2.4".
Let's see now...

1. More ways to die fast on level 15 maps + 4 uber bosses .
2. A million plus builds will now be non-viable against 4 uber bosses.
3. New players will get killed quicker and perma-quit faster.
4. More orbs to farm grind for (high time grind for low qty.)
5. The Shaper... sounds like latest exercise gadget/gimmick to get in shape.
6. All 100 maps are more readily accessible.

So 1 out of 6... pretty much standard GGG PoE coding for the elite and worship of RNGesus.

So as GGG pushes out more content the gap between the average players and the elites (top 1%) grows wider and wider. Without some kind of a difficulty factor we can set I see this disparity only getting worse and worse over time. Next year act 5 will be for uber Atziri capable builds only. Then GGG can complete it's trifecta of player alienation and wonder what went wrong when the player base collapses. I guess if 1% is enough to fill the coffers then GGG will continue coding PoE with rose colored glasses on.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Everyone gets their turn. This time it's "end game". Ok. I can live with that. But work on the core game next. Smooth out the difficulty curve that makes Acts 1-3 trivial if you can beat act IV on the previous difficulty. That's the main thing wrong with your game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info