Someone has played the new Doom?

"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
The monster box must be a technical limitation, so I can't really blame them. If Id can't make something better at that aspect, it's probably impossible.

You think so? That seemed like an intentional design decision to me; force you to engage the enemy with no possibility of escape or something. Of course I have no real knowledge of their engine so maybe technical concerns contributed to that decision.

If you use their multiplayer map making system. You'll find that even if you place say, 100 monsters on the map at startup. It'll only spawn maybe 17 of them at once. There is a hard limit as to how many AI can be active at once.

It is hard to say if that same limit is implemented in singleplayer.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
It's probably technical; the one way doors/passages don't make any sense otherwise in later levels.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
The thing i was most impressed with was how well doom was optimized, i was able to run alot of setting on max aside from like shaders and some of the other more intensive things on my GTX 660.

I was going to buy it sometime once i heard more but if the level editor and multiplier arent that great thats a turn off. Thats a shame too because things like snap map or map editors in games generally make it really easy to create some cool content. Used to love building maps in Halo 3.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
The thing i was most impressed with was how well doom was optimized, i was able to run alot of setting on max aside from like shaders and some of the other more intensive things on my GTX 660.

I was going to buy it sometime once i heard more but if the level editor and multiplier arent that great thats a turn off. Thats a shame too because things like snap map or map editors in games generally make it really easy to create some cool content. Used to love building maps in Halo 3.

It's more mediocre than bad, but at least the Snap Map has some promise if it keeps being updated. Maybe in the future Id will release more powerful tools (similar to how Valve gives you Source and the Perpetual Testing Initiative for Portal 2).
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

It's more mediocre than bad, but at least the Snap Map has some promise if it keeps being updated. Maybe in the future Id will release more powerful tools (similar to how Valve gives you Source and the Perpetual Testing Initiative for Portal 2).
Would you say its more of a "buy on sale" title than full price ?
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
I expected a Brutal DooM with modern graphics and inferior level design. The new one looks sweet but the old one was one of the few games where they (accidentally) got everything right.

I'll play the new one when I buy a new rig in a few years or so, it looks like a fun playthrough.
Objectively it was good I just couldn't get into it. Felt too loose and Quake like. I prefer snappy CoD controls in an FPS.

E; maybe the campaign was good I dunno im a MP guy
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Aug 22, 2016, 1:16:07 PM
I prefer "Brutal Doom"

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198056427781/recommended/379720/

my steam reviews are always unpopular, I don't expect anyone here to like my feedback any more.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

I guess.

"
TheWretch wrote:
Objectively it was good I just couldn't get into it. Felt too loose and Quake like. I prefer snappy CoD controls in an FPS.

If you jumped to MP ignoring SP basically you wasted your time and money. The campaign is a totally different beast from a gameplay point of view.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Aug 22, 2016, 10:03:38 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

I guess.

"
TheWretch wrote:

If you jumped to MP ignoring SP basically you wasted your time and money. The campaign is a totally different beast from a gameplay point of view.

Guess im glad i ripped it and quickly deleted it.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info