Passive reset in 2.4?

I looked around and couldn't find an answer, but sorry if I missed this info.

Last bumped on Aug 22, 2016, 3:23:15 PM
There's a passive reset every league, even if there's no passive changes
Even in 2.3, when the only change was Arcane Vision, passive resets were still given out
✓©ⓔ®†ⓘⓕⓘⓔd ⓜ☺ⓡ☺n™✓
passive resets are not always given out every league...

unless i see GGG confirmation before patch, i'll just need to wait till patch to be convinced that we'll get a reset. otherwise i wouldn't expect one. this game has given out way more passive resets than it likes to recently, which has all been due to passive tree changes but im not sure 2.4 is bringing passive tree changes
"
when the only change was Arcane Vision

You do know that's still a change, right? anyone who had the passive node allocated would likely have had troubles with something on the technical end. Also all, if not most of the Ascendancy classes had some sort of change, whether it be just balancing issues or an entire overhaul, like Slayer. This also constitutes as a change to the passive tree, as it's very likely to be build enabling or build breaking just as much as a lot of changes to the passive tree made in the past.

"
There's a passive reset every league, even if there's no passive changes

Cannot think of a single example. As far as I'm aware there hasn't been a single time where a major league has ended and there hasn't been some sort of change to the passive tree, although it's very likely to have happened by this point. And the passive tree respecs are often given out after the passive tree has changed, as the result of a major update.

I'm with Mustard on this. There have been no confirmed or mentioned changes to the passive tree or ascendancy classes so far. Because of that fact alone it can't be guaranteed. If there is a change to the passive tree, a reset is guaranteed, otherwise I'd say it's unlikely. Though what do I know, heaps of people complain and beg for resets every league, so I'm sure they're gonna cave at some point.
"
xMustard wrote:

unless i see GGG confirmation before patch, i'll just need to wait till patch to be convinced that we'll get a reset. otherwise i wouldn't expect one. this game has given out way more passive resets than it likes to recently, which has all been due to passive tree changes but im not sure 2.4 is bringing passive tree changes

Every major patch since the release of the game has come with a free passive respec. They always change the passive tree in some way, and no matter how small change it is they offer a free respec to everyone.
"
Every major patch since the release of the game has come with a free passive respec. They always change the passive tree in some way, and no matter how small change it is they offer a free respec to everyone.

you're right, major patches have so far come with passive tree changes, which they're required to grant a respec at that point.

that doesn't mean this patch will have passive tree changes however, since that hasn't been mentioned or hinted upon at all thus far. so this could be a major patch where they don't have a passive tree change, and thus no passive reset
I am sure passive reset will be given
"
xMustard wrote:

Yes they are....always have been, think you may be thinking of quotes way back during closed beta which have since been put to rest and pretty much confirmed that there will be one every new race league.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Chris posted on reddit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/412apq/will_there_be_a_full_passive_respec_with_the/cyz1y53

"
Every new challenge league we give an optional reset that people can use.
In addition, if tree changes affect them, they get a mandatory reset.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
Thank you kindly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info