ice trap flower MTX makes the WORST SOUND EVER

Seriously, if I knew it was going to make a massive bass-thumping BWWWWAMFFF noise every time it triggered I would not have bought it (but the Youtube previews are muted...). Was going to ask support for a refund but I thought this post might be more useful instead.

Beyond my personal preferences though, the sound effect for this skill MTX makes no sense. BWAMMMFFF is not the sound I would associate with a flower. Why cant it make a pretty, treble-filled crystally noise instead? Would make way more sense and be much easier on my ears.
Last edited by Fightgarr on Aug 19, 2016, 12:51:08 PM
Last bumped on Sep 6, 2016, 1:22:55 AM
"
Fightgarr wrote:
Beyond my personal preferences though, the sound effect for this skill MTX makes no sense. BWAMMMFFF is not the sound I would associate with a flower. Why cant it make a pretty, treble-filled crystally noise instead? Would make way more sense and be much easier on my ears.

I absolutely agree, kind of like Shiva's ice attack in Final Fantasy 10 at 1:04 in this video, right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBuZrPI2x_g (there is the 'crashing' sound with a little bass to it, and then there is the 'shattering' sound that follows with more treble)

If so, then if you play 1:04 on repeat, that is what Ice Crash should sound like (or close to it).
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Sep 6, 2016, 2:33:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info