So, why exactly are 'you' against CoC? It's not like it's the equivalent of pre release Spork...

Who cares about CoC honestly. If you people ask for a nerf for CoC, it will be killed, and in the next few months people will wonder why CoC is no longer useful. I'd hate to see one of the most fun and versatile things in the game come to a complete end because people can't stand fun.

There are some outliers like shield charge CoC, but even then they are rarely good at single target. Only good damage comes from map pack clears. If you get to a boss with no adds around you are fucked.

Then comes the issue of CoC isn't the only bad boy in town either. There are other strong and powerful builds for the same if not less investment. This isn't like Pre release where spork was the only reasonable option to advance and do maps safely.

Discuss?
I love pie.
Last bumped on Aug 22, 2016, 12:20:25 AM
Do you know how absurdly powerful CoC is? It's been broken for leagues now. Ever since Talisman they've kept buffing it, with Blade Vortex, Ascendancy, and Shield Charge. CoC is basically the most powerful endgame build at the moment and has been for like a year now. It's the only build that's lasted this long without a nerf, and it's crazy how GGG hasn't even touched it recently (besides buffing it lmao)
✓©ⓔ®†ⓘⓕⓘⓔd ⓜ☺ⓡ☺n™✓
Well the biggest problem people have with COC is everyone watches streams and sees people in exorbitant amounts of Exalted in gear and see what it does and automatically assumes this is broken because it can be in a tabula with a couple chaos... THATS the problem..

But most people who cry for a nerfs own admission or atleast lack of proving otherwise most of these people have never even played a COC build or even know what all goes into the spec to make it let alone be OP in the first place. Investment SHOULD=Power.

Then you have Discharge COC which is VERY fucking powerful but again needs a particular Expensive ammy as well as a certain chest which will insure you are gimped to some degree on life or ES when using it.

People are too concerned with what others invest their currency and time into builds to perfect is what it comes down to. Ive asked many times for these people to post these insane super OP COC builds crushing the content in a Tabula with such ease.. STILL haven't even seen the first one or even a shitty attempt..

The worst part is the biggest culprit and even bigger elephant in the room will still remain.. Ridiculous amounts of APS one can achieve. A simple nerf to APS across the board would not only tone down on COC but everything else thats broken or can be easily broken with how much APS can be stacked..

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Aug 19, 2016, 9:47:53 AM
"
Demonoz wrote:
Well the biggest problem people have with COC is everyone watches streams and sees people in exorbitant amounts of Exalted in gear and see what it does and automatically assumes this is broken because it can be in a tabula with a couple chaos... THATS the problem..

But most people who cry for a nerfs own admission or atleast lack of proving otherwise most of these people have never even played a COC build or even know what all goes into the spec to make it let alone be OP in the first place. Investment SHOULD=Power.

Then you have Discharge COC which is VERY fucking powerful but again needs a particular Expensive ammy as well as a certain chest which will insure you are gimped to some degree on life or ES when using it.

People are too concerned with what others invest their currency and time into builds to perfect is what it comes down to. Ive asked many times for these people to post these insane super OP COC builds crushing the content in a Tabula with such ease.. STILL haven't even seen the first one or even a shitty attempt..

So? Just cause CoC costs like ~25 exalts (which is the most pimped out setup, you don't need nearly that much currency even to get into red maps) doesn't mean it's balanced. There are a lot of builds that cost that amount that don't have nearly as much survivability. Hell, you could probably play CoC with your eyes closed as long as you spam your pots and you don't walk into vaal smashes.

Really, the problem isn't that CoC is too strong. There's been a lot of other overpowered builds (though not as overpowered as CoC). The problem with CoC is that GGG has been buffing it for like a year now, while everything else that is remotely powerful gets gutted right after like spark, VMS, vspark, prolif. People are just tired of the CoC meta, which is why everyone's so excited to see it get nerfed.
✓©ⓔ®†ⓘⓕⓘⓔd ⓜ☺ⓡ☺n™✓
I liked my sporker. Thanks for reminding me how awesome it was.

As to CoC and the "tuning" they mentioned that would occur. I'm pretty sure it was only for Discharge because it performs a hundred times better than as self cast. The majority of other CoC builds aren't so OP by today's standard. Back when you could shotgun with fireball + artic breath yeah those were OP.
"
Krappakreepo wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:

So? Just cause CoC costs like ~25 exalts (which is the most pimped out setup, you don't need nearly that much currency even to get into red maps) doesn't mean it's balanced. There are a lot of builds that cost that amount that don't have nearly as much survivability. Hell, you could probably play CoC with your eyes closed as long as you spam your pots and you don't walk into vaal smashes.

Really, the problem isn't that CoC is too strong. There's been a lot of other overpowered builds (though not as overpowered as CoC). The problem with CoC is that GGG has been buffing it for like a year now, while everything else that is remotely powerful gets gutted right after like spark, VMS, vspark, prolif. People are just tired of the CoC meta, which is why everyone's so excited to see it get nerfed.

Vaal Spark Nerfed? Yes and no, and Vaal Fireball is just as good if not better. CoC has some survivability yes, but still open to being rekt easily in certain situations. No build is immune to everything.

And no, certainly not everyone is excited to see something nerf in a GGG game. Nerfed usually means gutted completely, which regardless of supporting GGG monetarily, is the dumbest thing I've ever seen balance wise, in a game.
I love pie.
Last edited by xSyK0TiC on Aug 19, 2016, 9:59:46 AM
Crits should be a bonus. Triggers should be a bonus. CoC in a 6L gives 5 bonuses every time you get a bonus.

That's too much bonus. The game becomes all about the bonus and there's nowhere to go from there. You end up with a very stale experience.
I dont get those whine threads about CoC. You can make an equaly powerful bow build with less currency and it'll wreck shit just the same.

The way i see it, if GGG really touches CoC they should also adress all the archer builds, all the poison double dipping miners and the other silly stuff that trivializes content.

Something about casting mana free spells 20 times a second kind of seems OP to me. Maybe I'm just weird though.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
"
Cataca wrote:
I dont get those whine threads about CoC. You can make an equaly powerful bow build with less currency and it'll wreck shit just the same.

The way i see it, if GGG really touches CoC they should also adress all the archer builds, all the poison double dipping miners and the other silly stuff that trivializes content.

For sure, I'm more curious about the other issue of the incoming CoC rework:

Dat performance issues. Especially in teams.
Maybe CoC is way better playable for many peeps around here after that.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info