Goddamn Hall of Grandmasters

"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
Argh. I've tried the Hall of Grandmasters only a few times before when I was lower level and had a weaker build. Got my ass handed to me after just a few waves and never bothered to try again.

Was bored tonight so brought out my Lv 98 Pathfinder that is my best character so far. I tore things up pretty good...had a few close calls but no deaths...but I was only able to get 3 of the 6 unique treasure chests...which not surprisingly, only dropped crap.

But there were three damn Grandmasters I could not kill. Hell, I could barely scratch them! Seemed to be very high ES regen that I could not get past. Even trying a Frostbite aura via Blasphemy with Frost Bomb did not help. Here are the three who are dirty SOBs:

Mull Gubben (screw you, buddy!)
Mister Muffin (up yours too!)
Isildria (I hate you)

I was able to clear out the rest of the enemies in the hallways with Mull and Mister Muffin...but for some reason the next barrier after Isildria would not open so it looks like there was another 2 to 3 waves beyond her...but for the life of me I could not take those three out. The fact that I killed all the rest without dying gave me some confidence that my build is pretty decent...maybe I'm finally ready to give Uber Atziri a try.

Btw...if Dy'ness's super ES regen tank is one of the Grandmasters too I'm giving the fuck up. Anyway...maybe one of these days I'll kill them all, lol. :D

I paid some guy an Ex just so I could get this nonsense off my atlas. Not a solution by any means, but I didn't even hesitate to pay handsomely for it to be done.
There's devils on each side of you with bottles in their hands.
You need one more drop of poison and you'll dream of foreign lands.
"
Head_Less wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
What a fucking scam.

Indeed,

The level design is also pretty shit. Long narrow corridors with walls front of each waves...
Too easy for off-screeners and trappers.

Why not a wide arena daresso style with random doors all around opening at the same time and grandmasters popping out of them?

It's a shame that we can't see the Grandmasters in all their glory before we trigger them, names and all. That doesn't seem like immortalizing to me! Some disappear in the blink of an eye. Some are so murderous we can't get a look in that way, either.

The area style sound like fun - maybe we could have them behind clear doors and be able to see them before they are released? Or when they die, a pane comes up in the corner of the screen with their name, picture, and a brief description.

I've still not got this one on my atlas, and want to / will do soon for the completion achievement. Undoable with the various builds I've tried (and I knew that going in, just wanted to see how far I would get), because of that one mofo with the insane ES and bleed or whatever. You know the ones.

I'll try again with this league's character and then go for the unsatisfying scorching ray cheese.

"
Head_Less wrote:
that is because you are not very good at pvp yet ( but if you clear most of the content you will soon).

just use frost bomb (75% reduced Life Regeneration rate) since those high es regen are based on players taking those life regen convert to es.

EA or traps can kill them too, high bleed+poison is also an option, LA+frost wall or Kinetic blast+frost wall too.

ANd no, the community did not balance the content, it s GGG who stopped balancing pvp. Those "op" builds are all from pro pvpers who created those es regen troll build.

For months we asked GGG to balance the skills, to nerf the regen in pvp with no effect.SO yea now pvp is plagued with shit like those or 1 shot fest.

because ppl cry about pvp, GGG stopped balancing it creating those monster builds.
Be happy, there is a new build around with 100 000 life regen/sec.
Or maybe those 200 000 vortex degen build you can t block or dodge.

I hope this never go into grand master for the sake of the poor pve players haha.

Ofc trap easy mode can kill them because they're cancer themselves.

Basically only cancer builds can win this. Fight cancer with cancer.

It has NOTHING to do with how good you're at in pvp cuz some builds are just literally unkillable to other builds.
Wait you paid someone 1 ex to complete it ? LUL. I did it for free all league long. It is not hard if you just use the right skills.
If you can easily tank them then you just need to get high max damage.

Once your potential damage is higher than their life you will get them.DPS is less important than that.Spike damage in other words.
The map would be better if it had a acc/char memory.
Every exile fights you one at a time.
When you kill one, you get a 1/100 clear check, idk how many exiles there are.
So you get essentially 6 tries (portals) and can clear as far as you can.
Next time you enter a new map, you get 6 fresh portals but the exiles are dead based on your previous acc/char related memory.

This way more players can at least get in there and check it out, I'm sure every casual gets totally destroyed before reaching even 20% clear.
And dying during that process 100 times..... which costs as many chaos orbs.

All justified and balanced. Only that now more people get to experience it.
This map is the largest failure, which GGG had ever done in this game. even more than the death exp penalty feature and the experience dismishing return.

The balancing in this map ist extremly broken.

With the Sunderbuild lev 94, no way, impossilble, because not enough range to deal enough damage. With 90% physical absorb and 75% of all resis and 6,5k life, there you get instagips in lesser than 0,01 seconds.

Now with the summoner lev 88 with skeleton magicans its again impossible.

My skeletons with nearly 4k life each and even the zombies with nearly 15k life, they dies instantly in lesser than 0,001 seconds.

And the damage of my minions, if they could fire only one volley, deals nothing on the most enemys.

Why the damage of my minions deal nothing on them, and they kill my minions instantly and me in lesser than 0,5 seconds. I have 5,6k life with 75% of all resi and around 33% physical absorb.

To achive this map, you need over 200k life, or 99,99% absorb of all damage scources, and more than 500k dps.

The enemys are no older pvp chars. That are ultra god mode npcs, who deal 100-1000 times more damage, than a char can deal in the game, and their efficiency hp is around 50 to 100 times larger than the max possible ehp, you can stack in the game.

The noobs on GGG, who balanced this map, have to fix it and reduce the dps and ehp of the enemy npcs in this map by around 10000 %.

This supposed older pvp chars in this map deal more than 100 times mpre damage und have more than 50 time more ehp, than it is possible in the game.

Fix this map, or delete it.
"
This map is the largest failure, which GGG had ever done in this game. even more than the death exp penalty feature and the experience dismishing return.

The balancing in this map ist extremly broken.

With the Sunderbuild lev 94, no way, impossilble, because not enough range to deal enough damage. With 90% physical absorb and 75% of all resis and 6,5k life, there you get instagips in lesser than 0,01 seconds.

Now with the summoner lev 88 with skeleton magicans its again impossible.

My skeletons with nearly 4k life each and even the zombies with nearly 15k life, they dies instantly in lesser than 0,001 seconds.

And the damage of my minions, if they could fire only one volley, deals nothing on the most enemys.

Why the damage of my minions deal nothing on them, and they kill my minions instantly and me in lesser than 0,5 seconds. I have 5,6k life with 75% of all resi and around 33% physical absorb.

To achive this map, you need over 200k life, or 99,99% absorb of all damage scources, and more than 500k dps.

The enemys are no older pvp chars. That are ultra god mode npcs, who deal 100-1000 times more damage, than a char can deal in the game, and their efficiency hp is around 50 to 100 times larger than the max possible ehp, you can stack in the game.

The noobs on GGG, who balanced this map, have to fix it and reduce the dps and ehp of the enemy npcs in this map by around 10000 %.

This supposed older pvp chars in this map deal more than 100 times mpre damage und have more than 50 time more ehp, than it is possible in the game.

Fix this map, or delete it.

The map tells you it scales off PvP not PvE. There are a lot of builds that can easily do Hall of the Grandmasters without much thought or currency. Sure not every build can clear GM, but not every build can kill uber.

There are like 2 GM's that don't die in one hit, and two deadeyes that puncture your butthole. The rest are a joke.
Divination Card - Emperor's Luck.
Only did HoG for map completion.

I didn't pay any attention to the character names.

There is nothing in the game I could care less about than who they are.
There's devils on each side of you with bottles in their hands.
You need one more drop of poison and you'll dream of foreign lands.
HoGM is trash, but... there's a couple ways you can try to get through. You'll want to switch gods for some Chaos resistance, if you're not immune, or have no resistance (alternatively, a Chaos resist flask helps).

Get the Block Chance Reduction gem, preferably with 20% quality just to min/max. It makes a big difference, and allows you to kill the block based ones. If you use Barrage, you'll want to switch to a big single-hit skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info