Goddamn Hall of Grandmasters

"
Perq wrote:
GGG made a mistake of giving people, adding their characters, no disclosure about balancing them.

Now GGG can't do anything about those broken Grandmasters, because their creators will complain about the changes.

I also gotta love the logic behind adding those idiotic builds in there:

-> Spend shitton of money, to show off your character
-> Add a stupid, anit-fun, broken build into the map
-> Nobody ever bothers to enter the map, because you did
-> Map is essentially dead, nobody ever sees your Grandmaster

GGG should only take the base idea around the build, and balance them of their own, so all of them are somewhat challenging, but not broken-ass-stupid, as some of them are atm.

In other words - Hall of Gandamasters is a great showcase what happens when you allow community to balance the content.

Lol.

qft

they could balance the troll builds . isildria for example has actually 0 dps .you can out regen her dmg with 200 hp/s .I alt tab with the boss "attacking me" to see her mechanics ,as one example .

very bad decision on their part
Whats even worse than the immortal Grandmasters is the ones that drop immediately without even seeing them
Need more brains, exile?
HoG is piece of shit trashy map, worst garbage in gaming history
"
Head_Less wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
What a fucking scam.

Indeed,

The level design is also pretty shit. Long narrow corridors with walls front of each waves...
Too easy for off-screeners and trappers.

Why not a wide arena daresso style with random doors all around opening at the same time and grandmasters popping out of them?

Clearly GGG had no idea about HLD pvp, did not even try to search how to implement people build in a level design that could create real good fights.

It is sad but their lack of care for PVP actually ruined this map ( and IMO if you don t care about pvp why making it a pvp map? Half assed job ).

A Daresso-type Arena with the GrandMasters popping out of doors would be great :D
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Tried the map today.
Never again.

It's simply not fun at all.
Map should be removed from the game, and those featured in it, banned from the game.

Paying to be'featured' should not be allowed.
The map could simply be fixed and updated, with the legacy variant floating around somewhere. Or remove it from any challenge or completion activity so on one ever "has" to run it.

It's not fun.

I do not see the problem with the map. No one forces you to play it and people build to be able to clear it so getting completion is relatively easy.

People paid good money to have their characters as they are in there with their legacy items and builds. It would be unethical to change them and it should never be done. It's like you pay for a service and than have some random come ask to change that because they do not like it.

Also don't bring SSF in this equation: that is your personal choice and no one is making you do that to yourself.

Also there are plenty of builds that can clear HOGM and all the rest of the game content while at it: Any RF build, Mines and traps builds etc.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
my only beef with HoGM is that its on the atlas for completion but actually has its own ruleset completely independent to the rest of the game.

As a map i think its pretty entertaining but the pvp rules mean some builds are just terrible, some are great and having that feature on the atlas feels kinda BS compared to the rest which follow the normal rules for the game.
Have absolutely no issues doing it every league on at least 1-2 of my characters.

Totems build? Easy, throw on Scorching Ray with the right supports.
Spell caster build? Easy, throw on Scorching Ray with the right supports.
Attack builds? Not as easy, but I've done with my reave/BF and bow characters by adding Block Chance Reduction Support. But you need to hit hard.

IT IS BUILD WITH THE IDEA THAT NOT ALL BUILDS SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT EASILY. BUT IT SHOULD BE VIABLE IF YOU HAVE THE CORRECT GEAR / SKILLS TO SWAP TO.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info