Goddamn Hall of Grandmasters

Argh. I've tried the Hall of Grandmasters only a few times before when I was lower level and had a weaker build. Got my ass handed to me after just a few waves and never bothered to try again.

Was bored tonight so brought out my Lv 98 Pathfinder that is my best character so far. I tore things up pretty good...had a few close calls but no deaths...but I was only able to get 3 of the 6 unique treasure chests...which not surprisingly, only dropped crap.

But there were three damn Grandmasters I could not kill. Hell, I could barely scratch them! Seemed to be very high ES regen that I could not get past. Even trying a Frostbite aura via Blasphemy with Frost Bomb did not help. Here are the three who are dirty SOBs:

Mull Gubben (screw you, buddy!)
Mister Muffin (up yours too!)
Isildria (I hate you)

I was able to clear out the rest of the enemies in the hallways with Mull and Mister Muffin...but for some reason the next barrier after Isildria would not open so it looks like there was another 2 to 3 waves beyond her...but for the life of me I could not take those three out. The fact that I killed all the rest without dying gave me some confidence that my build is pretty decent...maybe I'm finally ready to give Uber Atziri a try.

Btw...if Dy'ness's super ES regen tank is one of the Grandmasters too I'm giving the fuck up. Anyway...maybe one of these days I'll kill them all, lol. :D
Last bumped on Jan 27, 2023, 6:00:43 AM
GGG made a mistake of giving people, adding their characters, no disclosure about balancing them.

Now GGG can't do anything about those broken Grandmasters, because their creators will complain about the changes.

I also gotta love the logic behind adding those idiotic builds in there:

-> Spend shitton of money, to show off your character
-> Add a stupid, anit-fun, broken build into the map
-> Nobody ever bothers to enter the map, because you did
-> Map is essentially dead, nobody ever sees your Grandmaster

GGG should only take the base idea around the build, and balance them of their own, so all of them are somewhat challenging, but not broken-ass-stupid, as some of them are atm.

In other words - Hall of Gandamasters is a great showcase what happens when you allow community to balance the content.

Lol.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
They paid $500 to get their characters in, it's a good idea to not piss off the whales keeping your game afloat
✓©ⓔ®†ⓘⓕⓘⓔd ⓜ☺ⓡ☺n™✓
that is because you are not very good at pvp yet ( but if you clear most of the content you will soon).

just use frost bomb (75% reduced Life Regeneration rate) since those high es regen are based on players taking those life regen convert to es.

EA or traps can kill them too, high bleed+poison is also an option, LA+frost wall or Kinetic blast+frost wall too.

ANd no, the community did not balance the content, it s GGG who stopped balancing pvp. Those "op" builds are all from pro pvpers who created those es regen troll build.

For months we asked GGG to balance the skills, to nerf the regen in pvp with no effect.SO yea now pvp is plagued with shit like those or 1 shot fest.

because ppl cry about pvp, GGG stopped balancing it creating those monster builds.
Be happy, there is a new build around with 100 000 life regen/sec.
Or maybe those 200 000 vortex degen build you can t block or dodge.

I hope this never go into grand master for the sake of the poor pve players haha.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Aug 19, 2016, 10:05:16 AM
"
Head_Less wrote:
that is because you are not very good at pvp yet ( but if you clear most of the content you will soon).

just use frost bomb (75% reduced Life Regeneration rate) since those high es regen are based on players taking those life regen convert to es.

EA or traps can kill them too, high bleed+poison is also an option, LA+frost wall or Kinetic blast+frost wall too.

ANd no, the community did not balance the content, it s GGG who stopped balancing pvp. Those "op" builds are all from pro pvpers who created those es regen troll build.

For months we asked GGG to balance the skills, to nerf the regen in pvp with no effect.SO yea now pvp is plagued with shit like those or 1 shot fest.

because ppl cry about pvp, GGG stopped balancing it creating those monster builds.

I hope this never go into grand master for the sake of the poor pve players haha.

+

It's depressing to see them take multiple patches to change a T-value.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Head_Less wrote:

Sounds good to me, might share with me? :P
iam ready
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
The 3 builds you couldn't pass are legacy Aegis characters (they don't have ES regen, you just heal them on every hit), I highly suspect that you are playing the cookie cutter no brain no skill BV pathfinder. You need to switch one of your support for Block Chance Reduction (and maybe switch your weapon for one with the Leo BCR mod crafted on it) and they should die extremely fast.

Dyness is a joke since frost bomb was introduced in the game, he's doing almost no damage and with his regen gimped he usually doesn't survive more than 2 or 3 sec.

When you know what you are doing, the ONLY dangerous GM is Danzig with his one shot LA/FW. Eveything else is manageable (trust me, i cleared that maps hundreds of time. An extremely easy way to make money in league with "The Last One Standing" as few people know how to clear it so they sell it extremely cheap)
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 19, 2016, 11:32:36 AM
You guys make me want to make a Frost Bomb Void Beacon build to take on those regen grandmasters :). See how well they do against 100% reduced regen.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
IceDeal wrote:
The 3 builds you couldn't pass are legacy Aegis characters (they don't have ES regen, you just heal them on every hit), I highly suspect that you are playing the cookie cutter no brain no skill BV pathfinder. You need to switch one of your support for Block Chance Reduction (and maybe switch your weapon for one with the Leo BCR mod crafted on it) and they should die extremely fast.

Ah, this explains everything. A few times I even had them pinned with frost wall, half frozen from my ice spells and then dropped a 20/20 frost bomb practically up their arses and I still couldn't make a dent in their ES. I will try the Block Chance Reduction gem...thanks!

My Pathfinder build is my own design...it's Spectral Throw COC specializing in ice spells with lots of defense and fairly good life (6200). A single fast refilling life flask is what keeps me alive since I have minimal regen and leech. I originally started this character as a Ranger in 1.3 that specialized in flasks, and when the Pathfinder class came out it was a match made in Wraeclast. No cookie cutters here, good sir.

I'll watch out for Danzig...I hear a sucker punch before a concert can take him out too. ^_^
Haha all good then, well yeah BCR is an absolute must in PvP especially against those caped block legacy aegis build.

As for Danzig, if he spawn, it's always in the Hall of Heroes (first hall on the right when you start) and almost always in the line before the stairs (sometimes near the chest but it's rare).
As soon as you reach his line be ready to dodge the frost wall and kill him first (he is not really tanky) as he gonna spam more and more FW over time while shooting his deadly LA. The good thing is he is not really fast as well so dodging his first attacks are easy.
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 19, 2016, 12:32:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info