ZiggyD's Guardian of the Hydra Showcase

Bosses with a 1-shotting FU skills. How typical.
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
"
sarannah101 wrote:

Meaning I'm actually quite worried about the fight mechanics. It seems more and more bosses keep using abilities that need to be dodged WAY too fast after eachother. How on earth can melee's find a gap to even attack a boss?(close range) Watching this boss shows that there's barely any time(none almost) to even get to the boss to attack it if one were a melee. I've noticed as melee on my last playthrough, that melee is more and more at a huge disadvantage versus bosses. We either take all the major hits and keep attacking the boss, or we keep dodging and cannot attack the boss at all.

Came here to post this exact reply.

How on earth is melee meant to take on this boss with the bullet hell that is going around?
Seems that if you dare use anything with multistrike you are dead in this fight while Cyclone and Earthquake will probably have a blast doing this.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Looking cool, but dat spike damage, lol... it will be prob. overtuned at league start and nerfed later :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
But wasn't he in melee range half the time when attacking with his ranger?

Though i tried multistrike only a few times, seemed really dangerous to be locked in place against hard hitting bosses / big groups of monsters. Ditched it for something else. Usual DPS/Defense tradeoff?

(Disclaimer: my main melee char is only lvl 82, but beat Merc Izaro and Malachai on HC)
meh, not impressed
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
Willemoesium wrote:
I really hope they increase map drop, so that it wont just be 1% of players spending 1% of their time doing this new stuff. That would really be a shame.

Does the Atlas progression carry over from hc to standard when you rip or do you have to fill out the whole atlas all over again? (because I refuse to spend more than 15 minutes in standard)

"
sarannah101 wrote:
Do not make the mistake of me wanting this game to be easy though, I like challenging content that we can overcome with enough strenght/power/gear/good build etc, but 1-hit kills totally undermine any character progression This is my opinion atleast.

Agreed. There's a difference between making it challenging, and making it "why do I even bother" ridiculous. And, to be quite frank, that video makes the Guardian of the Hydra look like it fits the latter category. My response was "Eff THAT noise."
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Last edited by Gruentod on Aug 19, 2016, 3:09:30 AM
"
Does the Atlas progression carry over from hc to standard when you rip or do you have to fill out the whole atlas all over again? (because I refuse to spend more than 15 minutes in standard)

Afaik, Atlas is league-specific, like masters & Uber trials, so the state doesn’t carry over when your char dies, but it will carry over when leagues are merged.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Willemoesium wrote:
I really hope they increase map drop, so that it wont just be 1% of players spending 1% of their time doing this new stuff. That would really be a shame.

If the new stuff looks like this, the 1% can keep it, as far as I'm concerned.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Boss with spezialized attacks and magic?
Bullet spam in nice patterns?
Multiple phases, resulting in even more area covered?
Oneshot-Mechanics?

Check, Check, Check aaaaaand Check. Yep, must be new Touhou Boss.

PS.: I want that bowskin
Last edited by Creest on Aug 19, 2016, 3:11:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info