SOOO sick of LockBox deaths/Desync

While some are better. I still f'in tele/desync/appear under the lockbox falling over dead.

Idk, I turned off -async and just let the client load as normal again. Not sure if that's why, or it's just never been fixed on stuff that loads mobs not pre-loaded on map or idk. Just fuckin sick of it.
Last bumped on Aug 28, 2016, 6:28:25 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Now that PoE uses multi-threading, GGG should get rid of the freeze when loading resources. If the textures for the monsters that need to be displayed are not loaded yet, just draw textureless gray silhouettes while the resource loading thread finishes its job. But stop freezing the game.
The experimental multi-threading optimizations has the same level of disappointment as everything else I've been seeing of late.

GGG have a lack of interest for the heart of the matter.

Not sure what the -async part is about.
Yeah, I do hope the new stuff fix's it. Looks like more sexy tech shown off today makin my puter upgrade feel more worthwhile ;-P

Desync used to drive me spare. Particually with cyclone back in the day. (Having to load the map to see where you had 'teled too' rooms away with doors closed still OMFG still scarted!)

GGG fixed that! So I live in hope there wizzards will code up some magic.

To be honist, the box's have got better over the years.
Also I should 'play better'... Most the time I'll ID/Roll things.

But there's this... big yellow just lockbox not Carto, or Arti or anything sexy...
N the luir is... click it, squeeze the pot/flask buttons on mouse while teleing away quickly. I mean I use a freakin stupid neck to make me immune to stun, I should be able to get away with anti-freeze up too...
Most the time now, it's a rush! But still, the 'soo not my fault' deaths shit me. The tele'ed away, then game stops, and you fall over dead under the lockbox. Jilters my brain N makes me mad!

@Degraga sorry it's --noasync

Here's Chris's words:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1678815

^- Not that it helped much with the 'bad' lockbox's. I think from what I heared, it's when stuff isn't 'preloaded' till you click it. To stop 'hackers' knowing what's in the lockbox's or something like that. Good for competative stuff, but I get extra grrrh, as it penalizes's me & gives me random deaths, N I don't cheat, or much care what others are doing/would be quite happy with offline single player PoE a pile of the time ;-P (OR at most, few friends own servers like 'other' ARPGS)
The asynchronous loading of assets should resolve the issue, because as far as I know it should be loading the content of the strong box as you near it (loading in the background/without stalling the game) instead of when it is opened. Turning off asynchronous loading of assets via the --noasync command will reinstate the old behaviour of loading assets when opening the box (and stutter when opening it).
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info