Essence Preview: Ziggy D Creates GG Pys/Chaos Bow

This is most likely how the item was created. If it wasn't metamodded, then yeah, it's just raw Chaos spam luck, which is meaningless.
If they are very difficult to craft, nothing changes - top tier gear is already difficult (or perhaps expensive is a better word) to craft.

If they are easy to craft, you don't have to worry because either supply will be so high that you can affordably trade for what you want, or you'll have a very good shot at crafting something usable yourself.
"
Namcap wrote:
"
"
e1337donkey wrote:
Remember that some people don't like trading. (Raises hand) Finding/crafting gear makes it feel like I earned it playing the game. The item not being godly means that I have more opportunities to get better gear in the future. So while mapping, I'm still on the hunt for better gear, not just the exp and map hunting.

This is an awesome point. I do like that it will give me something to hunt and something to try and accomplish. I'm just not sure how I'll feel after 3 months and potentially still not crafting at least one GG item. I probably won't care that much...but I will feel a little annoyed probably lol.

There is still a FAR too large amount of RNG in crafting some items.

I hate trading. I hate buying gear. I love finding and crafting my own gear. However, because I don't trade, I don't have nearly enough currency to do what can be done by buying 8c worth of gear and facerolling T10 maps. I only buy a few pieces to round off a build (like when I'm really low on resits or hp) and like to use self found items for as long as I can.

For example, I found a 6L 2handed mace in Prophecy. First time I ever find a 6L. It was low level, 60ish but I figured it was already 6 link and decided to give it a shot.

800 alts, couple hundred augs, 50 regals and scoures later, I vendored the damn thing. I never hit %phys over 100, I never hit high flat phys or anything that could be turned into a decent weapon by finishing it through master crafting. At best it could have been a sub 300pdps weapon. Sure it was 6L, but I could buy a 5L 400pdps for 12c or an unlinked 500pdps for less than that.

This is where I hope essence crafting can be useful. I'm not looking for that 50ex item, but I would like to craft more for my own use, for a price not exceeding 12 times what I could have bought it for.

This x 1000.
I'll let you know when I ever get 4 exalts not in Standard
I need a signature to look legit
Last edited by Hunt8722 on Aug 18, 2016, 8:57:45 PM
"
Ultrazen wrote:
800 alts, couple hundred augs, 50 regals and scoures later, I vendored the damn thing. I never hit %phys over 100, I never hit high flat phys or anything that could be turned into a decent weapon by finishing it through master crafting. At best it could have been a sub 300pdps weapon. Sure it was 6L, but I could buy a 5L 400pdps for 12c or an unlinked 500pdps for less than that.

I've spent in total about 4400 alts on an ambusher, I got 1 that was really good (worth about 12-16ex in league) and no others worth over 2c. And that was with luck :) and I still like how it works. I've never linked a 6L, but I'm sure it'll happen someday. Lately I've been able to earn chaos faster with some new insights and I love how it all comes together. But if you get too frustrated over dumping alot of materials for nothing, crafting can be a horrible thing.

My advice: trade your mats for stuff you need and don't gamble a ton of mats on crafting before that.

More on topic: that bow is a MONSTER. I can't wait for Atlas, where uniques get squashed by sick rares :D

Lucky ZiggyD! But now he spent all his luck on that bow....*grin*

Did you try turning it off and on again?
Check out the armour and gloves he is wearing in that photo btw. :)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Welp looks like i was right, not extreme luck, simply the power of Master Crafting. New Developer Manifesto post on it.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1713551/page/1
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Things are already OP as they are now and it ruins the game. Now there's a league on making more OP items?
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Check out the armour and gloves he is wearing in that photo btw. :)
Looks like the chimera MTX to me.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info