Rude players and the lack of report for the local chat

Does this happen often to you?
Spoiler

I lost the count of the times I found someone this nice when trading.

I'm posting this in off-topic because it's more of a rant than a real post, but you're welcome to share your thoughts regarding situations such as this. I'm always nice with everybody but the more I play the more people like this guy I meet; I'm playing in SCP for the record.

I'm curious to know if, and this is question for those who have been playing constantly since the beta, if it has always been like this, if you've noticed an greater number of rude players throughout these years, and of course if you think that GGG is doing a good work at keeping the game free of toxic players.
I've been playing on and off during the last 3 years, and I've never interacted much with the rest of the players either, but played solo self-found, hence why I'm asking.

Please don't turn this thread into a [Removed by Support] Don't mind me just taking GGG mods out for a walk" topic: nobody needs the nth topic like that, rather, if you disagree with any of GGG's policies, I'm confident that they will gladly aknowledge your suggestions when they are exposed with education.
Still: this topic has nothing to do with moderation abuse (at most the contrary), so, please, refrain from posting if those are your feelings.

I've already reported the guy and PMmed the staff with the uncensored screenshot, anyway.
/oos
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Aug 27, 2016, 4:27:45 PM
Last bumped on Aug 30, 2016, 8:52:50 AM
Yawn.. yet another one of these. you KNOW that people are like this; why let ppl get to you.. just move on.. i can see someone being salty if there were masters involved and someone stole your shit but jesus, this rant is exactly what you said, just a rant that we, the community, hear everyday.. its not new and in fact, there isn't anything that GGG will do because NO ONE has violated anything!!!!
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Consider survival and mental comfort in a hostile environment as a personal task. Like in the real life. Ignore, resist, attack if needed, and never let your ignore list run dry. Grow a pair if needed.

A report won't change a dickhead, he will further act the same anyway.
No matter what a ggg badge will advise you soon, it's more likely up to you. A report is a sign of helplessness, a proof that you've already lost.

Or you are one of those easily offended vegan lefties, or an indigo kid, or of a kind?
Excuse me if so, didn't mean to oppress you.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Nice wall oft Text.
"
there isn't anything that GGG will do because NO ONE has violated anything!!!!

Personally, it looks to me that the person in the screenshot has made "hateful or needlessly negative comments" and "antagonised others in an obnoxious manner", which is something we're advised to don't do.

Just to be picky, you know, because you make it look like there is nothing wrong with mocking and insulting someone.

Regardless, personally still, I am not inclined to support a game that neglects to keep the in-game chat clean from at least uneducated users.

Lastly, given that I do not know what are the intentions of GGG in matter, I strongly doubt they don't care about these things, as they must have utter interest to keep the game and the forum the most desirable for everyone, so that more people would decide to support the game economically.

"
torturo wrote:
Consider survival and mental comfort in a hostile environment as a personal task. Like in the real life. Ignore, resist, attack if needed, and never let your ignore list run dry. Grow a pair if needed.

Unsolicited and unneeded advice, but thank you anyway, I guess?

"
torturo wrote:
A report won't change a dickhead, he will further act the same anyway.
No matter what a ggg badge will advise you soon, it's more likely up to you. A report is a sign of helplessness, a proof that you've already lost.

A single report won't, but I'm pretty sure GGG keeps track of the reports and the suspensions users get, and one who gets reported and misbehave constantly will be probably punished harder than the one that makes a single mistake.

"
torturo wrote:
Or you are one of those easily offended vegan lefties, or an indigo kid, or of a kind?
Excuse me if so, didn't mean to oppress you.

You did, and so enjoy your report.
/oos
Last edited by Xcava86X on Aug 18, 2016, 9:10:03 AM
let's give OP a group hug <(^o^)>
There's already an ignore function. This isn't ROBLOX, if someone really offends you just take it into your own hands.
✓©ⓔ®†ⓘⓕⓘⓔd ⓜ☺ⓡ☺n™✓
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
If you feel offended by somebody simply ignoring him make sense. He don't worth your time that's simple as that :)

Not the moderator's job to work on players education problems. It's the parents one.
Hf :)
"
Heli0nix wrote:
Not the moderator's job to work on players education problems. It's the parents one.

Yes and no: moderator's job is, indeed, to moderate. Therefore, if someone misbehaves and they recognise it, that person will be eventually punished.

At any rate, I don't understand why all these replies telling me to ignore or advising me about how I should feel: I'm fairly sure I've never asked any advice or help, merely wished to discuss the matter, and for what I can see most of you are more than okay with people acting like jerks for the hell of it.

I could help you spread the salt saying that's no wonder, then, that people behave like that, since -appears- that the community is in first place uneducated, but it's far from me moving an accusation on, or judging anybody here.
/oos

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info