[2.6] Explosive Arrow Pathfinder W/Videos -HC Endgame Mapping, Grandmasters, T16 Guardian Guides

RIPd on my RF totem character so I decided to try out Explosive Arrow. Here is my setup:

Most of my gear is just random odds and ends. I'm working on 5 linking a different iLvl 50 Quill Rain, in which I will place my single target setup for Explosive Arrow.

Using the 6L I found on day 1, just because. I will eventually try to get 3 red sockets so I can replace Faster Attacks with Fire Penetration.

The dream setup, of course, is two 6L quills...

I'm digging the Overflowing Chalice to ensure I have 100% uptime on Granite Flask (almost 80% reduction with it up)

Overall the clear speed is insane, although bosses require a little bit more finesse and intelligence to down quickly. With granite up I'm pretty damn tanky. Pretty sure when I RIP it will be during a small window when my granite isn't active..
Last edited by djrecipe on Dec 6, 2016, 5:12:12 PM
Why is the rearguard quiver so essential? Ot doesn't seem by the stats to be required. Ot definitely looks good obviously, but not essential. Why does it have to be used?
"
Why is the rearguard quiver so essential? Ot doesn't seem by the stats to be required. Ot definitely looks good obviously, but not essential. Why does it have to be used?

It's not really "essential", it's just that no other quivers give you any form of meaningful stats for the build, since the build does not scale off of normal bow-related stats. As such, it makes sense to use the item slot to boost your defenses, and this quiver is pretty much the only item which does so. The block chance and spell block are actually extremely valuable defensive stats which are easy to underestimate.
so it says to pick up the node by blood magic which drops reserved mana by 50%.. do we run any auras..?
^
Quick question for EE. Does the cold ele dmg on my ring proc it by just shooting explosive arrow? Or do I need to shoot a frenzy first to proc EE.
ooof buncha posts. gonna try to reply, thanks to anyone who was answering questions.

"
The red dream jewel looks really interesting. Pricey for now but will drop I imagine. The endurance charges will help during trash but mostly useless on boss fights since constant adds are needed. I'd almost say it's not wOrth it

I was considering that... then I red the red nightmare (upgraded version) And now I really want to figure out where to fit it in.

"
bendeoynuycam wrote:
please uptade 2.5 skill tree

The skill tree shown at the bottom hasn't changed. You can make adjustments if you get high end endgame gear, but getting these nodes will set you up until you're at that point. Nothing changed at all tree wise since 2.3

"
Th3LoRD wrote:
Not sure what's better, get Kaom's and 2x 5Links or get a 6L whatever chest, with like 80-90 life + 1 5L quill.

Kaom's life can't really be beat. If you really don't care about having a high life pool, run a different chest.

"
djrecipe wrote:
"

It's not really "essential", it's just that no other quivers give you any form of meaningful stats for the build, since the build does not scale off of normal bow-related stats. As such, it makes sense to use the item slot to boost your defenses, and this quiver is pretty much the only item which does so. The block chance and spell block are actually extremely valuable defensive stats which are easy to underestimate.

Pretty much this, block, spell block, projectile damage are really good.

"
so it says to pick up the node by blood magic which drops reserved mana by 50%.. do we run any auras..?
Nope, no really good ones that are worth reserving life for it.

"
Quick question for EE. Does the cold ele dmg on my ring proc it by just shooting explosive arrow? Or do I need to shoot a frenzy first to proc EE.

EE will proc with both stacking the arrow and the frency curse on hit. you just need to attack them.
"
Helpless wrote:

Yeah, EE procs off both.

For general thrash clear I just shoot a few volleys of EA, then move on. White mobs die from 2-4 arrows easily.
For elites/rares, I usually fire a frenzy (apply curse), followed by EAs, followed by another frenzy for another application of the curse.

It's been working wonderfully so far. Ever since I picked up BM/EE/EO the build has been a breeze, everything just melts (especially if you get a crit)
"
dingis wrote:

"
Th3LoRD wrote:
Not sure what's better, get Kaom's and 2x 5Links or get a 6L whatever chest, with like 80-90 life + 1 5L quill.

Kaom's life can't really be beat. If you really don't care about having a high life pool, run a different chest.

Yeah, I know that the life bonus from Koam's is super amazing, I'm just wondering about the 5L vs 6L dps on bosses. (I intend to farm guardians with this build)
I'm playing softcore, so survivability isn't that massive issue beyond the point where bosses are undoable.
"
djrecipe wrote:
RIPd on my RF totem character so I decided to try out Explosive Arrow. Here is my setup:

Most of my gear is just random odds and ends. I'm working on 5 linking a different iLvl 50 Quill Rain, in which I will place my single target setup for Explosive Arrow.

Using the 6L I found on day 1, just because. I will eventually try to get 3 red sockets so I can replace Faster Attacks with Fire Penetration.

The dream setup, of course, is two 6L quills...

I'm digging the Overflowing Chalice to ensure I have 100% uptime on Granite Flask (almost 80% reduction with it up)

Overall the clear speed is insane, although bosses require a little bit more finesse and intelligence to down quickly. With granite up I'm pretty damn tanky. Pretty sure when I RIP it will be during a small window when my granite isn't active..

That flask is waste of a flask slot. Roll experimenter's on your flasks, get druidic rite on tree and flask duration on belt. Granite is up 10 sec and basalt 13 sec, there is no way you ever run out of flasks during map even randomly smashing them all the time like I do.

I rerolled EA after dying on flameblast totems and i'm loving it for breaches, waaaay bettr than fb totems imo.
What is recommended playstyle, 2 gmp hits > move > and repeat?

And I'm wondering how to go about upgrades:
my gear

Except for rares, need simmilar res with life, i know (+ some leach on rings/amu - would that be first one to get?)

Thinking about either 5-linking bow, or getting Carcass Jack. Not sure about getting Kaoms, but i guess having 2 bows on swap even with Carcass Jack keeps option open... Or tabula rasa + 5l bow.

Tooltip dmg is 95 for gmp setup, 125 for single target. Explosion damage is 467 - 700. 3400 life and 187 life regen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info