Favorite Meme?

"
Disrupted wrote:
^Wasnt it last patch that people were asking really obvious shit? Poor Chris

Yes, yes it was. People had no idea wtf was going on. And apparently still don't ^^
Makes me question the average intellect of people.

I mean, i dropped out of school at the age of 14 and i understand this stuff just fine.

I guess i think to highly of my fellow man. Then again, the alternative is quite depressing, but most likely a lot closer to reality.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

I mean, i dropped out of school at the age of 14 and i understand this stuff just fine.

I guess i think to highly of my fellow man. Then again, the alternative is quite depressing, but most likely a lot closer to reality.

Peace,

-Boem-

See the troubling part of the average intellect, is that half of people are below it.
^You animal.

Guess i should have worded it as the general standard or base-line of intellect nowadays.

If they can't even deduce that a reduction of a negative factor equals a positive outcome, we gone pretty far in this enlightened age and time.

I am reminded of people using their cellphones to calculate the combined price of their shopping expenses.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
^You animal.

Guess i should have worded it as the general standard or base-line of intellect nowadays.

If they can't even deduce that a reduction of a negative factor equals a positive outcome, we gone pretty far in this enlightened age and time.

I am reminded of people using their cellphones to calculate the combined price of their shopping expenses.

Peace,

-Boem-

That's all it is. We're so enlightened that our machines do that whole branch of thinking for us. Sam Harris had some professor on last month that talked about the potentially huge ramifications of what he called our two types of machines [i've forgotten his categorical names]:

Machines that make us better outside of their use - examples

Learning to use an abacus well and for an extended period of time helps certain visual areas of the brain in other tasks.

Using chopsticks to eat can make your fingers more agile and dexterous at non-chopstick required tasks.

Machines that fuck us over when they stop working because they totally atrophy valuable skills - examples

Calculators. (see above)

If we ever get used to self driving cars, we could have a generation, or perhaps even a whole world full of people who would be utterly useless (and actually more dangerous) taking the wheel should the AI fail.
^I have discussions about that from to time with my dad and my general stance is that currently we have centralized intelligence.

And other people depend on these sources of intelligence, it's a solid excuse for people to remain ignorant since somebody else already has attained the knowledge and is distributing it.

This all works in the current globalized system up to a point.

But then comes the downside, what if one of these centralized intelligence is targeted and destroyed.

If you only have a handful of legit sources for certain wisdom and knowledge it's not far fetched that there is a real danger of it going extinct at a certain point in time.

The data would still be available due to globalization, but the correct way of interpreting data is something that needs to be learned and studied.

Which is probably, partially what that professor was talking about.

The stuff i think about when laying in the grass with my dogs \o/, yes i am quite the dull person, who knew.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
^Honestly, i felt like they treated me as a retard while reading that.

My mind going "yes, you don't say...."

I feel sorry for the people that actually require GGG to spell it out like that.
Isn't that just basic insight?

A drawback is improved = this is a buff = you don't say. '-.-

Peace,

-Boem-

Actualy for a game studio that doesn't like polishing or taking players by hands to help them discover PoE like it's the case in many others, it was a bit ironic to add " this is a buff ! ".
If you want people beeing smarter you have to let them use their head at least a bit ... As far i remember GGG isn't owned by APPLE.
Hf :)
"
Namcap wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

See the troubling part of the average intellect, is that half of people are below it.

That would be the median. Carry on.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Aug 20, 2017, 12:27:32 AM
про папеча

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info