48 Hour Flashback Solo Event

I don't think that random prizes will be a good thing. Pretty sure to get lvl 80 but probably i'm not going to get anything from that... that is pretty sad isn't it?
"
Snapfire wrote:

"Easy way of getting 1000 points"? Clearly you and your 34 points this season isn't enough to criticize me with 837 points currently. I have given a lot of time up for this season, and I feel this was handled very poorly. Sure we didn't need a make up event, but to have Chris say there was one I counted on it. Changing the reason for having it to MTX truly isn't a fix. What's the point? What's the fix Chris? Why have this extra event? What was the purpose of fixing it if not to allow a "makeup" to give racers a chance to make up points they may have lost. Time was planned and set aside in advance for these events. I took time off work Friday for the event, and it was a 5 hr 10 min delay when the official event started from when it was set. 2 hours of gameplay wasted by a reset. I don't understand what you guys were thinking by changing to MTX giveaways.

Ok, I will be that guy then, hopefully you can take me as enough authority to consider what I think team's reason for giving out mtx instead of race season points was.
There are people, other than you - silly isn't it? that also wanna hit certain awarding threshold in this season, it doesn't thankfully affect me this season but it happened before so I can sympathize. Top 20 for alt-art demi. If this event awarded extra - in my eyes and that's arguable - free points it would further de-evaluate points of people in top 20, with race like that you can easily be pushed off top 20 simply because you couldn't attend or died to some bullshit and couldn't reroll in time to make up for it, just think about it, would you like to be that guy? It's similar to your situation, except for the fact that he clearly would be cheated of his reward with previously unannounced event in the season, his potential planning for getting points in season is more legitimate(announced calendar, original 48h race didn't cancel, if you gave up because you lost 3-8 hours[at top end I just assume you had to go to sleep or do something else due to the pushbacks] from entire 48 hours you have only yourself to blame) to yours "I expected sudden gift of extra unprecedent points".
That is all, thanks for your attention.
ProjectPT was right.
Last edited by passofexhale on Aug 16, 2016, 9:38:56 AM
MTX? Count me in! #grindlaketo80
The original 48 Hour race was a complete cluster f*ck for all European players.
First i was pretty hyped for it. The Day before i was disappointed for the 3 hour delay until 1 am, knowing i have to work on Friday this is pretty late. Than a gave it a try and the mess continued with the cancellation of that event. Than i read about the replacement on the next weekend, where i do not have that much time.
I really like the game and the developers of POE, but on this one i felt really upset cause at least the initial scheduling was so messed up.
I totally understand Snapfires points here, luckily i am just casually racing.
That was clear miscommunication from Chris. Telling there will be an "replacement" clearly indicates another opportunity for points. He stated "he will talk to the team" but he is known as the CEO. So its probably not a false assumption that there will be one.
Things can go wrong, and will in the future, but in this case it was a little bit too much for my taste. To many wrong decisions and disputable communications. I hope and i believe GGG will learn from this and hopefully talk to each other in the future if they are planning events and announcing important stuff.
I think i will have to try racing this time.
Next weekend fits my personal calendar much better than last event.

Too bad no race points but the random MTX and alternate art items is nice.
I know hardcore racers dont care so much for MTXes, but random MTX do a terrific job of drawing players to this event that normally dont do races.
Hopefully many of them like racing a lot and start doing more races.
And even if there is no race points there still is great pride in finish at a top position.

Personally i will be satisfied if i can live until the even stops.
I normally dont play HC and with all these extra mods i will probably die.
But i will do my very best not to die.
"
Qarl wrote:

The overall top players of each Ascendancy Class by experience will receive a Demigod's Dominance (Unique Golden Mantle).

overall top players, what's the cut off, is it like last time top 20 of each class?

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
"
Snapfire wrote:
"
Cataract wrote:
"
Snapfire wrote:
Nooooo!!!!!!! Chris said make up event, which should be part of the Medallion Race Season!!

I have been counting on this event the past 3 days to help me achieve 1,000 points. That is really disappointing. I'm probably going to stop playing this game because of this, and I have been playing a few hours almost everyday for the past 1-2 years.

Huh? That's a pretty weird approach. Even if the first event didn't have start problems, you'd still be short pts because you died in it.

Sad to say it, but you just came up short. Welcome to PoE racing where the 1000 pt mark is a grind and you can't count on free pts at the end of the season.

My frustration is to have a head person lie about a makeup event for the race season, and then change it to not effect the race season. Why would you play a game if the top people can't keep their word? I would have accepted being short the 1k points, however to have Chris say there was a makeup event gave me hope to have it dashed with Quarl's post saying not part of the Medallion season today. I would have put in more effort during the 48 hour event to get back in it, however Chris said makeup next weekend. This is a half truth. Sure a 48 makeup event, but to not be part of the race season is pointless. There wouldn't have been a 48 hour race if not for the race season, so why change it to not affect the race season? That is so frustrating on so many levels. If it was "unacceptable" in Chris' own words, what do you call this?

You were never in the race. Your highest hardcore character is level 85. Your highest character is level 90. You never stood a chance at getting high ranks in said race.

Additionally, nothing was promised.

"This race has been restarted. We are very sorry about having to do this. It's completely unacceptable and we'll make sure it doesn't happen again. I am talking with the team about running an additional replacement event next weekend. -- Chris"

That does not say there will be a makeup, it implies that there may be.

"
HeaT1 wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

The overall top players of each Ascendancy Class by experience will receive a Demigod's Dominance (Unique Golden Mantle).

overall top players, what's the cut off, is it like last time top 20 of each class?

-HeaT

No it means rank 1 of each ascendancy. That was all that got it last time as well. Top 20 got a paltry amount of points.
Last edited by Nauzhror on Aug 16, 2016, 11:45:48 AM
I also am very disappointed that they promised us a make-up race that won't make up for anything. It's fun to be put in a lottery but that should be on top of us receiving points for our achievments to make-up for their mistake.
Why are people so salty, nothing was promised. Sure it might be nice to have another chance at a bunch of points but think about how many more people would get lower tier and higher tier items, devaluing the prices of these amulets. Some people struggle for 40 pts, I managed to get my 250 goal, I had to plan a lot of social or work around the race also, but that's the point to struggle not be given.

I doubt you intentionally let your 58 level Hierophant die just because Chris' vaughly mentioned the possibility of a make up race the weekend after the race league ended.
http://poestatistics.com/users/seibar/
So no garenteed prize or points awarded. I'll skip. Give a mystery box for level 80 or something, some of us play for the rewards and if it's random then screw it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info