48 Hour Flashback Solo Event

"
Nelfor wrote:
"
PathOfOtter wrote:
Points earned in this race are raffle tickets, but this race awards no points?

Yeah, that got my attention too. Doesn't really make sense.

Oops. Fixed.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Why no demis for the highest non-ascended characters? The game is much harder without ascending, and ascending is a joke difficulty-wise, so the top vanilla players should also be rewarded.

Your reward is that you can snipe a Demi at the last minute by selecting the lowest-ranked of your 3 ascendancy options.

Unless you are a non-ascended Scion, in which case may god have mercy on your soul.
"
Why no demis for the highest non-ascended characters? The game is much harder without ascending, and ascending is a joke difficulty-wise, so the top vanilla players should also be rewarded.

lul
Half way between a 24hr blamt and a week flashback league. And not nearly as fun as either imo.
Kinda pissed that its a lottery, I had a good start and was able to play some in the last one and didn't make it that far the second go around due to time constraints and the fact that it was said it was going to be a redo of it comming up so I assumed it would be just an alternate way to get the points. no huge loss as Im not trying very hard this race season as rl responsibilties are kinda in the way. Just my 2 cents that this really doesn't work as a replacement. But eh its fine.
I doubt I'll be putting in the time for this as its not a replacement its just a random lotto.

If it was an actual replacement with the same sort of rules as the previous one to motivate me then yeah be fun to play.
May actually have to play hardcore to get some of those microtransaction :D
"
DelphaeRs wrote:
"
Snapfire wrote:
Nooooo!!!!!!! Chris said make up event, which should be part of the Medallion Race Season!!

I have been counting on this event the past 3 days to help me achieve 1,000 points. That is really disappointing. I'm probably going to stop playing this game because of this, and I have been playing a few hours almost everyday for the past 1-2 years.

If you quit just for this then you mustn't enjoy the game that much...

If I have put in a month almost solid of racing I do enjoy this game. Lying to the players about a makeup event for the race season is my frustration.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE̎̑͆̏
"
Cataract wrote:
"
Snapfire wrote:
Nooooo!!!!!!! Chris said make up event, which should be part of the Medallion Race Season!!

I have been counting on this event the past 3 days to help me achieve 1,000 points. That is really disappointing. I'm probably going to stop playing this game because of this, and I have been playing a few hours almost everyday for the past 1-2 years.

Huh? That's a pretty weird approach. Even if the first event didn't have start problems, you'd still be short pts because you died in it.

Sad to say it, but you just came up short. Welcome to PoE racing where the 1000 pt mark is a grind and you can't count on free pts at the end of the season.

My frustration is to have a head person lie about a makeup event for the race season, and then change it to not effect the race season. Why would you play a game if the top people can't keep their word? I would have accepted being short the 1k points, however to have Chris say there was a makeup event gave me hope to have it dashed with Quarl's post saying not part of the Medallion season today. I would have put in more effort during the 48 hour event to get back in it, however Chris said makeup next weekend. This is a half truth. Sure a 48 makeup event, but to not be part of the race season is pointless. There wouldn't have been a 48 hour race if not for the race season, so why change it to not affect the race season? That is so frustrating on so many levels. If it was "unacceptable" in Chris' own words, what do you call this?
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE̎̑͆̏
"
Snapfire wrote:
"
DelphaeRs wrote:
"
Snapfire wrote:

If you quit just for this then you mustn't enjoy the game that much...

If I have put in a month almost solid of racing I do enjoy this game. Lying to the players about a makeup event for the race season is my frustration.

Lying? What are you talking about? Chris never said this event will count towards race points, it was just him granting another race as an apology, that's all. Don't take things out of context and twist it to your will.

You saw an easy way of getting 1000 points and now you're crying because you didn't get it. If you want to get it so bad there are still 15ish races, do them.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info