[3.0] Draal's Crit Inquisitor Doomfletch Tornado Shot

I wanted to share my crit inquisitor doomfletch prism to get feedback, improve it and hoppefully turn it into complete guide.

My character
Currently level 83 with this gear :

Ofc capped resists (except chaos sadly). My gear is clearly efficient enough but far from perfect.

I keep the mana flask till i can sustain the mana cost of tornado shot with the mana leech even against bosses (though with 0.4% leech it seems to be enough all the time even on less regen map so i'll probably switch soon for the crit flask or something else).
The crit flask allows you to crit more often due to the double roll (see wiki for more explaination on lucky roll) so to knocback more often an penetrate ennemy's elemental resistances.
Atziri's Promise gives a boost to both phys and elem damage so it's kinda strong in this buid.

Note to myself put an awesome photo later when i'll be less lazy

The tooltip DPS isn't working at all with this bow, just to let you know.

Budget : ~ 2ex (for more informations please check out "Gear")

Pros and cons :

Pros :
+ Good damage output from level 40 to 100
+ Easy levelling
+ Fast clear speed
+ Tornado shot is easy to play
+ Freeze, shock and ignite (it'll be harder to freeze or shock now vs bosses due to the mechanic change and the life increase buff they received)
+ Scaling damage is just like you'll do for facebreakers if you like these types of builds

Cons :
- Ele reflect SUCKS (cannot do this map mod)
- Side gear can be difficult to grind due to the need of some affixes

Usefull informations

As said below Doomfletch works exactly the same way as facebreakers to scale the damage
Proof :
if you get 10% increased physical damage and let's say you hit a flat amount of 100 phys.
You'll get 110 phys + 121 fire + 121 cold + 121 lightning = 473
And with 10% increased elemental instead
You'll get 100 phys + 121 fire + 121 cold + 121 lightning = 463

I'm no pro at theory crafting but it seems obvious. But still elemental damage is good but not the best to have. Also weapon elemental damage seems to have better increases at some locations in the passive skill tree then elemental damage so it could be worth taking a bit.

Because of what is said before you won't use hatred/herald of ashe/added fire damage/poison/bleed/added cold damage etc ... They just don't scale good with the bow, because you'll have less physical damage than with other end-game bows but you'll have 330% of it as added elemental damage.

You'll search (just as our cousin fb) flat physical damage and increase of physical damage. You'll also go for crit to use our ascendancy class well.
What you should look for will be listed after in "Gear".

I've chosen to use the lyoneye's fall viridian unique jewel in order to get many crit in the staff and melee crit clusters between the templar and marauder in the right hand corner. This saves a lot of point you'd have put in the shadow area to get crit and damage. Allowing us to get more life, more defense, and more damage (you have slightly ess crit thought). Using armor is then mandatory as it is the only defense close by.
Tooltips

Coming soon

How to play the build ?

How to play the build ?

¤ Offense :

Move toward a pack carefully (try to keep the ascendancy cast speed buff before using the totem cause it'll save you time), use the phasing before so you're safe and activate the attack damage buff. Then tornado shot until nothing is left. Advance to the next pack of mobs doing the same routine.

Also against bosses vaal haste allows you to cast a spell and keep frenzy charges so he dies quicker.

Why phasing ? To proc the attack damage buff which is insane (though on normal monstaers it's overkill) and since it has some increased movement speed it makes up for the time lost in casting the spell and it has a 4 second cooldown which is the same cooldown as your buff so it is an indicator as to when your buff wear off.

¤ Defense :

First thing elemental reflect rares can kill you if you're not carefull so always check. Even more since you're using an attack that can easily off screen monsters.

"The best defense is the offense" is especially true in this build since crits will knockback ennemies and have a 10% chance of generating endurance charges due to the staff nodes (yes the staff nodes, go to "Skill Tree" for more info). Crits will also most of the time freeze or at least chill your ennemies so keep that in mind. Also what is dead may never hit you.

To stay safe you have blink arrow and the CWDT setup which is even more valuable due to the fact that we generate endurance charges
How to level up ?
Before level 40 go with whatever is fine, use a good rare 2H axe you dropped and go for ground slam for exemple and then swap for earthquake. Also i start with the fire golem because its early game is way stronger and keep it untill i need the accuracy and the crit of the ice golem. Don't take spells cause you won't scale them at all and you won't scale bow either for at least 25 levels in a row. You can also go with bows directly from the beginning just imo it's not the best way around.
A tabula is not necessary but can prove usefull. At level 40 you only need a 4L to continue.

After level 40 just get the main setup (and level it while you do). Also at this point the game will be relatively easy so just rush through it.

The Gear
Mandatory Uniques

Doomfletch Prism seems to be obvious and drillneck because of the flat physical damage and the uniquue interaction with piercing, also the rest of the stats are also good.
Try to get your hands on the best crit chance roll possible for the bow as we want to crit even 0.10% makes a huge difference.
If you want to save money you can buy a good doomfletch bow and the prophecy then upgrade it. The base stats (crit, added phys and elemental damage with attack skills) won't change.

It allows you to get a 7 link (especially the with the pierce change this armor became even more usefull, you'll pierce 5 targets with no investment and it'll activate the property of the drillneck). The downside is pretty useless unless you fight a sparker

Imo it is mandatory cause it gives a lot of crit with so little decrease to crit multi. It even gives int and dext which we lack in the build.

Last but not least :
It allows to use the tree. In the jewel socket indicated it'll allow you to get a lot of crit chance/multi and physical damage that would normally won't work with bows. Saving a lot of skill points it's a must-have of course.
Usefull Uniques

You could use maligaro's virtuosity for more crit chance or a 2.5 90% crit multi facebreakers for the crit multi.
What you should look for

Offense :
- Flat physical damage
- Critical strike chance
- Critical strike multiplier
- Damage / Attack damage / Physical damage increase
- Increased elemental damage
- Flat elemental damage

Defense :
- Elemental Resistances
- Life
- Armor
- Critical strike chance (endurance charges and knockback)

On belts try also to have some flasks mods as it's really powerfull
On flasks you need :
- Immunity to bleeding
- Immunity to freeze
- Immunity to curses (if possible)
- One granit flask (+3000 armor)
- One life flask or two with one instant or half instant or instant when low-life (i personnaly prefer the last one)

Gem Setup

Setup with Assassin's Mark

Main skill :
6L : Tornado Shot + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Greater Multiple Projectile + Increased Critical Strike Chance + Weapon Elemental Damage + Increased Critical Damage
Remove the gems going reverse way if you don't have a 6L.

5L/6L : Assassin's Mark + Curse on hit + Frenzy + Herald of Ice + Power charge on critical + Increased Critical Strike Chance/Lesser Multiple Projectile
If you are lazy use LMP to get hit easier, additionnal arrows aren't a luxury if you don't want to have to aim precisely but i'd rather use Increased Critical Strike Chance to get power charges easier especially against bosses

4L : Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Vaal Haste
That's your life saving setup.

4L : Blink Arrow + Faster Attacks + Ice Golem + Decoy Totem

4L : you can then put whatever. My choices would be a purity depending on maps or perhaps a determination or an herald.

Setup with Projectile Weakness

Main skill :
6L : Tornado Shot + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Greater Multiple Projectile + Increased Critical Strike Chance + Weapon Elemental Damage + Increased Critical Damage
Remove the gems going reverse way if you don't have a 6L.

Frenzy + Herald of Ice + Power charge on critical + Onslaught + Faster Attacks + Increased Critical Strike Chance

4L : Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Vaal Haste
That's your life saving setup.

4L : Blink Arrow + Faster Attacks + Ice Golem + Decoy Totem

4L : Phase Run + Projectile Weakness + Blasphemy + another aura ?
Skill Tree

Do what you want before level 40 but then get yourself a lioneye's fall which is mandatory or else you'll have crappy dps with this tree.
Level 40
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAUBAAKWBLMLYQxSMZ41kjwtPvFDY0PITeNPBFnzaFho8nFNcql99YPMidiSbpMHms-iAKZXqLmsqq9stz65Q7xWxBXE9sauyWfSfNeW2L3wH_4K_o8=?accountName=Draal8&characterName=Tomb_Fletch_Prism[/url]

Level 60
[/url]https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAUBAAHcApYEswthMZ41kjwtPvFBckNjQ8hHfk3jTwRZ82VNaFho8nFNcql1y3fjeA199YPMhNmJ2I1-km6SfZMHmG-az5tRogCmV6lurKqvbLXytz63trlDvFa8mr02vqfAGsQVxPbGrsln0nzXlti93CPlz-pi8B_3Mv4K_o8=?accountName=Draal8&characterName=Tomb_Fletch_Prism[/url]

End game
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAUBAAHcApYEswUtC2EMUhR1GF0Y2xo4IWAhdiP2JP0nLy5TMHwxnjH6MpQ1kjfUOdQ64TwtPO8-8UFyQzFDY0PIRJ5Hfkp9SshNkk3jTwRRR1O7VvpZ81uvZU1noGhYaPJuqm8nbztv8nFNcql07XTxdct293fXd-N4DXj5eu9-3X8CfyuDX4PMhNmGzod2idiNfY1-jbmPYJAKkFWSbpJ9kweVBZhvms-bUaCfogCmV6bgqLmpbqyqr2y18rc-t7a5Q7xWvJq9Nr6nv9XAGsEzxBXE9sauyWfSfNNv15bYvdnG2sHcI-Of5c_nVOpi7T_wH_JF9zL9bv4K_o__3g==?accountName=Draal8&characterName=Tomb_Fletch_Prism

Also invest on the sockets when you get your hands on usefull ones (buying or finding). I've put them only in the End game gear to allow you to choose the right time to get one socket.

If you need (and you'll need a lot) intelligence or dexterity take the intelligence or dextirity notables (+30). You have two of each one really close. For endgame try to get your hands on gear that gives the attributes you are lacking.

Don't hesitate if you want to discuss my tree.
Ascendancy points
What you need in order :
  • Righteous Providence This one is to get Inevitable Judgement, it only makes sense with the major key node after
  • Inevitable Judgement This is mandatory as it allows you to ignore elemental resists on critical strikes, since we'll crit most of time it'll come handy
  • Instruments of Virtue This one adds a lot of physical damage and some attack speed. This is where our phasing comes in play and also cast when damage taken will also be considered to cast a spell if you link one with (apparently summoning totem/minions doesn't work and neither does Immortal call. Probably only works with offensive spells)
  • Augury of Penitence This one isn't particlary exciting but since it gives elemental damage boost and a bit of elemental res (which you'll need against reflects)
Bandits

I personnally chose to kill them all since the tree takes some time to go where it needs to but it makes sense to take either Oak.
Oak gives a defensive boost of life regen and physical reduction with some increased physical damage (which is pretty nice)
You get however 2 skill points if you kill all so it's up to you.

Sorry for my english i was born french. If any mistake made please leave a comment.
Last edited by Draal8 on Oct 17, 2017, 3:37:16 PM
Last bumped on Oct 8, 2017, 4:00:42 AM
-Reserved-

Changes
15/08/16 Guide creation
16/08/16 Minor changes
23/08/16 How to play the build section added
10/09/16 [2.4] updated
17/10/17 [3.0] updated - major update
Last edited by Draal8 on Oct 17, 2017, 3:38:57 PM
It's mainly so you can add separate content in the future which is separate from the main post. Or, you might not have finished the guide in one go and want to keep some space free.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
It's mainly so you can add separate content in the future which is separate from the main post. Or, you might not have finished the guide in one go and want to keep some space free.

Thank you ^^
How am I suppose to have 4 red slots?
Thank you for reading.
Sry it's been a while i couldn't update the guide or either play the game due to studies --'
Well maily trough Vorici but check up the guide changed a lot ! So you probably don't need it anymore.
If you sill want the answer to your question here is a video of a fellow exile that explains it rather well : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJscDAIhoec

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info