EDIT: Melee will go extinct before even getting to final 5 Atlas bosses

"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
I need to start making a list of the things you can't use for 'forum pure' melee. So far:

Earthquake
Slayer
Juggernaut
Increased AoE passives

Let me know if I can add anything else!

No need for a list, anything that hits stuff over 20 units away is no true melee. Gotta be manly, hardcore, walk the edge.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:30:01 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
With that definition of 'true melee' clear speed will always suck, what could they possibly do to fix melee with those restrictions?

What do they do in other games? In GD and TL2 you even got auto attack builds.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Limit aoe potential of ranged attacks and lower the damage output is what they could do, but wont do.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Concept of killing monsters in actual close combat is considered unreasonable expectation?

Even diablo 2 at least gave melee builds a ton of damage & defense mechanism to stay alive.
Things like crushing blow were twice the effective on melee builds for example.

Melee weapons alone had roughly 2~3 x the damage output of bows for reference.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
With that definition of 'true melee' clear speed will always suck, what could they possibly do to fix melee with those restrictions?

Many things. More movement speed nodes in the "melee" side of the tree. Buff "Melee Splash". Minor splash nodes on the tree here and there. Give certain buffs depending on what weapon you have equipped. Better jewels for certain melee skills. New mods on melee weapons. Buffs depending on how many monsters are very close to you.

I could go on...
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I could live with the gimpy clearspeed of point blank melee. What i cant live with is the namelock mechanic.

Thats the primary issue.

If that doesnt get resolved, people are never going to use single target skills, period. Any other love you give to melee in general is still only going to make people use earthquake at worst, cyclone at best.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:

Many things. More movement speed nodes in the "melee" side of the tree. Buff "Melee Splash". Minor splash nodes on the tree here and there. Give certain buffs depending on what weapon you have equipped. Better jewels for certain melee skills. New mods on melee weapons. Buffs depending on how many monsters are very close to you.

I could go on...

Turning the notable on the reduced mana / +life wheel between templar and marauder into something like Duelists art of the Gladiator would be great. Ignore movement penalties from armour, 1% of damage taken gained as mana, 20 strength.
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
You can either restrict yourself to only hitting things right next to you

Which is, you know, the definition of MELEE?
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Rather than trying to buff melee to reach the power level of ranged, they should rather let melee fill another niche. Melee should give you more defensive bonuses, kinda like what they did with forfify
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info