EDIT: Melee will go extinct before even getting to final 5 Atlas bosses

With the exception of EQ and cyclone, maybe a handful of other skills, I cannot wait to see how utterly destroyed any poor schmuck who decides to go melee vs the bosses from t16s and final Atlas, because it's almost a guarantee they will be overtuned and GGG won't/never do a dam thing to meaningfully buff melee skills not named EQ and cyclone.

So.. who's brave enough to try 'regular joe' melee skills going up against these super duper cool, new end game bosses?
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on Aug 26, 2016, 1:17:57 AM
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2016, 3:45:43 AM
Do you count reave and lacerate as melee? I was thinking of doing another lacerate build.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
>Implying that melee isn't already fossilized
Lol Melee has been fucking GARBAGE for a long ass time and I highly doubt melee will be fixed in the future or any time soon.

Like it can be 2019 when PoE II comes out and Melee will still be shit.

Dogshit.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Every melee skill needs to be raised to the level of EQ and melee weapon passive nodes should come with inherent defensive bonuses.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I mean I've played both Sweep and Reave every update for almost the past 2 years and still haven't run into anything that my build couldn't handle, other than Uber Atziri, and even that is probably just because I'm shit. Melee isn't really that garbage, it just takes significantly more investment than spell builds and even ranged builds to get to a point where most players would consider it good, though I can easily see why that would make people think it is garbage. Although then again, literally anything with enough investment can be considered viable these days, so who knows.
cyclone got nerfed 4 time, it is proof melee too op.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
♫ I will survive ♫

Love playing melee so I'm sure I'll figure it out somehow.
There is a sure way to die.

Билды - это листья на дереве Path of Exile. C каждым патчем одни опадают, и каждую лигу вырастают другие.
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
With the exception of EQ and cyclone, maybe a handful of other skills, I cannot wait to see how utterly destroyed any poor schmuck who decides to go melee vs the bosses from t16s and final Atlas, because it's almost a guarantee they will be overtuned and GGG won't/never do a dam thing to meaningfully buff melee skills not named EQ and cyclone.

So.. who's brave enough to try 'regular joe' melee skills going up against these super duper cool, new end game bosses?

I don't see your point? For me it is the same situation as it is now.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I won't be bosses. If the whole game was bosses, double-strike or viper strike would be king. Heck play whatever you like and destroy the boss with a 4l Vaal Lightning Strike. If a boss is your melee problem, I dare say you are doing it wrong.

The reason "real" melee isn't competitive is the other 98% of the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info