Useful Atlas of Worlds Interviews and The Lioneye's Watch Podcast

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

"
Still working my way through the written interview but I already have a burning question about the drop rate of Shaper's Orbs and Cartographer's Sextants: Define "occasionally" please :)

Exalts drop occasionally. Eternals dropped occasionally. But do not fear, as always, you can pick them up on poe.trade at a cost in other orbs that removes the rarity.

Eternals do not drop at all, they have been removed from the game.
"
Is the atlas shared across the characters or is it unique per character?
From mechanical point of view it looks really great.

ya thats a burning question.

from there, what happens at the end of a league also of concern if its like masters where its account wide per league.

Ideal situation in my head is that its account wide per league like all masters stuffs, and when it merges back with the perm league it takes the highest upgraded map node on a node by node basis. So say I upgraded ledge in standard by 5 levels, then I upgraded tropical island in standard, when the 2 merged both tropical island and ledge will be upgraded.

If it takes one or the other its really going to fuck up a lot of stuff for people who play standard AND leagues in a lot of ways.
Previous summon skills:
Summon skeleton
Summon spectre
Summon rage spirit

A new enhanced summon skill:
Summon Vagan's Dummies.
A.k.a
snippet
This is much better. I really couldn't stand State of Exile, some of the people on there were just annoying.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

"
Still working my way through the written interview but I already have a burning question about the drop rate of Shaper's Orbs and Cartographer's Sextants: Define "occasionally" please :)

Exalts drop occasionally. Eternals dropped occasionally. But do not fear, as always, you can pick them up on poe.trade at a cost in other orbs that removes the rarity.

Eternals do not drop at all, they have been removed from the game.

That's why it's written in the past tense.
Casually casual.

So just to understand that correctly. We have to farm adjacent maps to go up a tier. aka farm the same shitty map in hopes for RNGJesus? I mean it's very unlikely they'll increase the droprate of certain maps. Even more so if exploring is actually counterproductive to that. What a design fail.
bottom picture =

VAAL FLICKER STRIKE BABY!

Spoiler
let me dream.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
So far I'm really curious and excited about this expansion. It's great that it's endgame focused (!), it's great that we can upgrade our favourite maps and I also like the vertical dimension improvements. Would love to see some completely new tilesets as the majority of what I've seen so far looks like combinations - although nicely done - of already existing tilesets.

It makes me feel I'd love to be a new player discovering maps for the first time, slowly revealing the atlas... I really think this could work which is great.

On the other hand, I have doubts about this:
"
"Now, rather than receiving random maps of a specific tier, you receive random maps from that tier from the set of ones that you have previous completed as well as the maps that are connected on the Atlas to the map you’re playing."

Does it mean we won't see, for example, Necropolis drops in Volcano maps and vice versa? If I read it correctly and it is indeed the case, I have to admit I'm rather against it. I can see the reason behind this as staying within the same thematic area might make the endgame progress feel more interconnected and less random, but I actually think the random element of the current system of map drops is great.

To be honest, I don't think having to run tier 9 maps from a specific area to get a tier 10 map bound to that area is an improvement.
Again, in case I understand it wrong feel free to correct me, will be glad for any feedback.
Last edited by pathfinding on Aug 15, 2016, 9:44:16 PM
"
pathfinding wrote:
So far I'm really curious and excited about this expansion. It's great that it's endgame focused (!), it's great that we can upgrade our favourite maps and I also like the vertical dimension improvements. Would love to see some completely new tilesets as the majority of what I've seen so far looks like combinations - although nicely done - of already existing tilesets.

It makes me feel I'd love to be a new player discovering maps for the first time, slowly revealing the atlas... I really think this could work which is great.

On the other hand, I have doubts about this:
"
"Now, rather than receiving random maps of a specific tier, you receive random maps from that tier from the set of ones that you have previous completed as well as the maps that are connected on the Atlas to the map you’re playing."

Does it mean we won't see, for example, Necropolis drops in Volcano maps and vice versa? If I read it correctly and it is indeed the case, I have to admit I'm rather against it. I can see the reason behind this as staying within the same thematic area might make the endgame progress feel more interconnected and less random, but I actually think the random element of the current system of map drops is great.

To be honest, I don't think having to run tier 9 maps from a specific area to get a tier 10 map bound to that area is an improvement.
Again, in case I understand it wrong feel free to correct me, will be glad for any feedback.

That is the case afaik but it's not necessarily bad.
You will be able to farm specific maps now.
You like those gorges? Go farm the one they are connected to. And with 100% increased map drop rate will be a lot easier.
"
PsOfOs wrote:

That is the case afaik but it's not necessarily bad.
You will be able to farm specific maps now.
You like those gorges? Go farm the one they are connected to. And with 100% increased map drop rate will be a lot easier.

Yea, this would be kinda cool, RNG god has been extremely nice to me this league, in almost every map he says: "Hey, here is your beloved Malformation / Phantasmagoria / Torture Chamber map again, sorry, no Gorges or likes".
I know it's not true, but it could be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info