☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

Now that frostwall is nerfed and i am planning to play TS as my main spell, what other gems should i use in my other 4 linked items? and also in my chest (as far as i don't have Kaom's Heart) except from CWDT 4th link and CoH-Poacher's Mark-HoIce-Assasin's Mark. I'm thinking blink arrow and hatred to keep them as well
"
clipset wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I'm mainly thinking of going down the slaughter path to generate frenzy charges and run vaal pact without blood rage. Maybe I'll mess around with slaughter + veil and see how it feels.

I think it will be okay, but Blood Rage is fairly useful in my opinion, especially with the attack speed buff. I've not gone away from Blood Rage, but it's also led me to play without Vaal Pact (case in point, doable as I did in Prophecy, but I know players prefer some additional safety -- this is going to be your judgment call).

"
GLADIATORGR wrote:
Now that frostwall is nerfed and i am planning to play TS as my main spell, what other gems should i use in my other 4 linked items? and also in my chest (as far as i don't have Kaom's Heart) except from CWDT 4th link and CoH-Poacher's Mark-HoIce-Assasin's Mark. I'm thinking blink arrow and hatred to keep them as well

I think you can safely choose from the following, stated a little earlier in the thread but not highlighted:

"
I did some napkin notes at lunch today,

Clear Maps + Kill Bosses w/ 1 main Linked Skill: Tornado Shot

Clear Maps + Kill Bosses w/ 2 Linked Skills (Optional, still think the first is better for maps): Tornado Shot/Split Arrow/Lightning Arrow + Single Target/Tornado Shot

Clear Maps with friends and do not worry about Bosses yourself: Lightning Arrow or Split Arrow best in group

Clear Maps but have the option of doing the bosses: Tornado Shot/Split Arrow/Lightning Arrow + Linked Chest for swap

Atziri: Tornado Shot/Split Arrow/Lightning Arrow + Blast Rain /// Tornado Shot + Puncture Trap /// Tornado Shot + Burning Arrow Trap

TS is, and will be, good enough for clearing maps and boss killing. It's actually quite comfortable as a "do it all" type of skill, so I don't really think you need another 5L or higher for single target there. It really depends on what you want to do. If you are just going to map, you can play with just Tornado Shot and that's it. If you want to do specific boss fights like Atziri, you will need additional help there, since TS will kill you 100% in the Clone Phase to Reflect.

For additional gem sockets, if they are available, you can always consider, based on your taste:

Ice Golem (or Lightning Golem) > direct damage buff > Possible supports Minion Life
Vaal Haste > Speed + damage buff > Possible supports Increased Duration
Vaal Grace > Safety against big damage targets > See above
Vaal Lightning Trap > Shocked ground to make bosses more comfortable > See above
Enduring Cry > Generate some Endurance charges for maps > See above

Or add to your CWDT with things like Enfeeble (may not be the best idea with already 2 Curses, but prevents spike damage even more), or Phase Run to escape large hits.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
AoW releases in 5 hours.

First post contains a quote I made yesterday about what I think are going to be the skill choices for the 2.4 Bow meta.

I am not playing bow as my first character this league, so after the initial league rush I will come back and update with gear.

In the video sections, there are videos of an Atziri Run and mapping with TS/Puncture (5L Bow + Tabula) and Split Arrow/Blast Rain (5L Bow + Tabula), which will resemble what early league gameplay looks like.

Feel free to ask questions here, as I will be available throughout the weekend to help out.

Good luck, everyone.
What will you play instead if i may ask? :)
"
nockitsch wrote:
What will you play instead if i may ask? :)

It's always a toss-up between Bow or Support for me, funny as it is if you look across all my characters there's always a pattern. This league friend wanted to play LA/BR so doing the same would only eat into loot sharing and item progression. This way, we still map quickly and don't have to worry about anything of the sort.
Finally started a Ranger today... gonna be a while before it's end game because I'm still playing Support, but will be leveling it in my off time. Unlike last league, didn't find anything too expensive, so it looks like I'll be grinding the hard way.

Impressions from mapping (sitting ~T10 or so with mapping group), will still stick close to the template overall, but plan is:

- Physical TS, will likely use Puncture Trap as my second skill for immobile bosses, and use this to get 100 Atziri kills pretty easily imo to start off some income

- Pathfinder Ascendancy could be stronger than Raider. Some of these boss fights are fairly extended or they run around a lot, Raider loses a lot of momentum in enclosed spaces (and I hate manual Frenzy to sustain)

- Gonna start with Lioneye's and move up from that. Some ~300 pDPS Harbingers for around 30-40c atm, which is pretty good.

- Two routes that can be taken with TS, no Pierce or full Pierce (Drillneck obviously not required for either). TS - GMP - PPAD - Pierce - ICS - ICM, or TS - GMP - PPAD - ICS - ICM - Added Fire. Standard Puncture Trap setup. I think full Pierce is probably better at this point. Elemental Damage seems not as great with high boss health and Resistances.

- I'm going to be using Decoy Totem with Minion Life + Minion Resistances somewhere. Just not sure yet, but I think it's finally time to embrace this.

Besides that, not sure a setup like this can kill Shaper. But a lot of time left in the league. Might go to Standard to test if I can get some fragments, but that market is fairly crazy atm.

Will update Soon™.

Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Sep 5, 2016, 10:44:48 PM
Updated first post.

Busy with r/l so I won't have a bunch of time to play (unlike Prophecy League). Currently Level 82 as my second character of the league.

Will try to get some gameplay videos, but atm the gear is very budget and I'm fairly low level, so I'm just hanging out around T7-T9 Maps until I can make some gear upgrades. Haven't had anything decent drop yet, so just grinding Chaos right now.

Plan might be to go back to 2.4 ROTC, but not sure. Needing the second 5L/6L for Single Target hurts a lot in terms of build cost.
I'm currently playing TS/Puncture deadeye. Boss killing is really slow. Will swapping TS with Barrage helps? Or should i change to LA/BR(poison)..
"
7echo wrote:
I'm currently playing TS/Puncture deadeye. Boss killing is really slow. Will swapping TS with Barrage helps? Or should i change to LA/BR(poison)..

What tier maps are you playing in?

And what is your current bow?

Boss killing is slower than it used to be without LA + Frost Wall, but they also buffed health for monsters across the board.

Uploading sample gameplay of a random T8 (plays.tv pls), apparently Tropical Island is now inherently Undying Evangelists, so ofc clear will be hindered a bit. Will try to get a T11 video here later in the day.

/e

http://plays.tv/s/KxKuyg1D-Gsz
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Sep 11, 2016, 11:40:58 AM
Uploaded two gameplay videos. Don't have a lot of T10+ atm, and don't need them for XP currently, so will run more as time goes on. Damage lacking a little bit right now, but that will change with gear upgrades.

http://plays.tv/s/KxLh76y5wjhY >>> 30% Packsize T10 Courtyard Map

http://plays.tv/s/KxM0CDHCSFCa >>> 25% Packsize T11 Wasteland Map
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Sep 11, 2016, 4:40:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info