☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

"
GLADIATORGR wrote:
I'm looking forward to your changes at this build when they will release the patch notes. :)

It's going to be interesting. At least some hint that Frost Wall + LA interaction will be looked into. If that's the case, a lot of changes will be needed.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Aug 30, 2016, 2:13:51 PM
Really tired from lack of sleep, so might call it an early night. Initial impressions:

(Relevant to this Build) 2.4 Patch Notes

-Frost Walls created by you or your allies are now no longer considered enemies for the purposes of projectile collision detection (your projectiles will not collide with your own Frost Wall). This intentionally fixes the exploit case where a player stacks many Frost Walls around a boss and uses a skill like Piercing Lightning Arrow to trigger an excessive amount of hits.

- Pierce's mana multiplier has been increased from 110% to 130%. Its damage at high levels only has been reduced. Its damage at level 20 has been reduced from +29% to +19%. Given the strong utility of this gem, it doesn't need a damage bonus that high.

- Reach of the Council: Its added damage has been lowered from (25-40 to 100-115) to (15-30 to 70-95). Its local increased physical damage has been reduced from (50%-70%) to (40%-50%). Given the large number of additional projectiles this bow provides, it doesn't need the incredibly large damage bonus. It essentially has a built-in GMP which you could use a damage support in place of.

===============================================

Well, as expected, they would remove the LA+FW interaction, as it is goddamn broken. This kind of destroys the high damage output for bosses, which is going to slow things down a lot for us. Pierce change was kind of expected, I have no idea why they put a More Damage modifier on it to begin with.

Some okay news though, at least the Reach gut will put it on the magnitude of a regular bow, so farming it may still be worth it to have, just won't be as insane for damages. Honestly, the Poison TS Assassin build was more of an abuser than "traditional" bow builds to begin with, imo.

What is the future of the build? I'm not sure yet, as I'm committed to playing something else in my group for the beginning of Essence. Will likely still make a bow character later into the league though. I know that TS is still going to be just fine. We will need to rely on Blast Rain or Trap/Mine in order to do things like Atziri once again, but in overall experience, TS is just fine when mapping to use by itself. When I get a Passive Tree reset I will test some ideas and have more videos.

I thought Reach was overkill anyways, and my honest opinion is that you'll still be able to get into Red Maps with even stuff like Lioneye's Glare. What can you do with a Lioneye's Glare and within two weeks?

Spoiler
"
Short two-week race update. Starting to think more and more that Lioneye is going to carry me to the promised land. 93 and 33% now, #13 Slayer at the moment. Made some final tweaks.

Market in this race is kind of awkward since you need mapping supplies 100% of the time or you will fall behind, so I haven't been able to spend much. Also some of the items I've been stalking, just never have been online or get sniped before I get a chance. Missed out on a great pair of boots and a ring this week.

Gear

5.5K Life

76K TS with Crit Multi + Added Fire
92K TS with PTL + WED

Gonna keep grinding away. Hope to stay in the run for the Demi. Do have some comments about the build I'll share later.

Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Aug 30, 2016, 10:48:37 PM
RIP

Though now I'm really glad I bought that reach. And that voidheart. And sad that i sold the one i got from a prophecy for 2ex.

I suppose TS gem swap for bosses now, eh?

Also, lookie at my new sig :D

Now, seriously.

-Frost wall nerf is kinda warranted, but bow builds are still fine, and my plans of making a wander as a second char go down the drain.

-Pierce nerf was completely warranted. I've used it even when there was no damage bonus, still pretty damn good.

-RotC: As expected. Still insanely good. About 280ish pdps now, 270 for an easily obtainable roll, if I'm not wrong. The poison double dipping builds are perfectly fine. As for normal builds, it isn't that much better than a Lioneye's now. Better, but less of a difference.

I was going to make a bow character as my first, but not now. LA FW let you triavialize content that you were severely undergeared for.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
idk if its been addressed since i havent been able to read all the pages yet. but the main thing i have ALWAYS struggled with on a ranged char is leveling im just shit at it. Have always died/felt squishy/was unsure what to do.
"
Morning32 wrote:
idk if its been addressed since i havent been able to read all the pages yet. but the main thing i have ALWAYS struggled with on a ranged char is leveling im just shit at it. Have always died/felt squishy/was unsure what to do.

It's best to level as elemental/hybrid for bow builds. Just get the highest damage bow you can, you just use storm cloud with static electricity. It is kinda hard but it gets better once you get death's harp. After that it should be smooth sailing. Another really powerful item for leveling is the wake of destruction boots. Sooo much flat damage. Also, best skill for leveling is blast rain. Do not spec into crit before lvl 50/60. Get as much life as possible, go to the scion wheel asap.

Tbh, bow builds only become OP by the time you reach level 80 or so, and decently playable by level 65/70.

One final thing, LA + pierce + gmp/lmp + WED is really amazing for leveling, which means that you will want to get the pierce nodes by level 31 which is when the pierce gem is available.

After Death's Harp you want to try and get Opus, though that might be just a little expensive. Endgame cheap bow to use is either Lioneye's Glare or Chin Sol.

Edit: Leveling with a bow is still generally painful until cruel difficulty or so. And late cruel is a huge pain in the ass. But endgame it gets exponentially better :)

Edit No.2: I just ckecked it out, currently a max rolled reach(375pdps) is equal to a 500pdps harbinger. The new one(297pdps max) is like a 400pdps harbinger. Still the endgame bow to get.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Aug 31, 2016, 3:23:55 AM
Is it still worth to invest in pierce nodes after frost wall bug fix?
"
illmtk wrote:
Is it still worth to invest in pierce nodes after frost wall bug fix?

If you plan on using Lightning Arrow still, I do still feel it clears packs quite well, so Pierce will be worth it. That said, the real issue is the single target aspect now, so you need to think about TS (in which case why aren't you just using TS as a main skill), or Blast Rain / Traps.

I did some napkin notes at lunch today,

Clear Maps + Kill Bosses w/ 1 main Linked Skill: Tornado Shot

Clear Maps + Kill Bosses w/ 2 Linked Skills (Optional, still think the first is better for maps): Tornado Shot/Split Arrow/Lightning Arrow + Single Target/Tornado Shot

Clear Maps with friends and do not worry about Bosses yourself: Lightning Arrow or Split Arrow best in group

Clear Maps but have the option of doing the bosses: Tornado Shot/Split Arrow/Lightning Arrow + Linked Chest for swap

Atziri: Tornado Shot/Split Arrow/Lightning Arrow + Blast Rain /// Tornado Shot + Puncture Trap /// Tornado Shot + Burning Arrow Trap

I have a ~300 pDPS Harbinger I'm going to be testing with today, hope to get some videos out:

Which should give some better idea of what to use going forward.

Basically, the tl;dr is that we are going to be losing single target burst big time, while our regular map clearing speed is 100% just fine.

So personally I think with a lot of the speed/CoC nerfs, this build still is going to be very strong.

To address leveling, I found Shrapnel Shot (yeah...) to actually be really good early on, just the damage falls off and sucks as you go. Ether is right in saying that Storm Cloud + Static is very good early, I'd argue that Added Lightning could be better than WED at earlier levels. If you wanted to go Physical Bow, then Death Harp > Death Opus > Lioneye Glare > final bow is definitely the way to go. And if those numbers on Reach is correct, we are still very alive, and under the radar as the Poison TS builds suffer way more than we ever do.
Do you need to pick up the pierce nodes in the tree on top of a pierce gem if you're playing a TS Raider for AOE clearing (assuming no Drillneck)? I played as TS Deadeye in Prophecy, so chain took care of that aspect. Also what do you think about Aspect of the Chase instead of Avatar of the Veil?

I'm thinking about a tree like this right now - http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICR5uNCC7tgxmOAF7Tfn11_rq748Sip9T-yO96_MUNjYd2459KfVuvTioj028nmmqPYEz_QzHawXTtBS167y5T02_DM1oaIXaGzsEzJJ1iWo1-zZjqYnXLvqdlTb02R37uDqOKI_aNfU2SMHx_KznUdvcx-qCfUUc-z73mN9TtP-dUJP3_3pUF2cYylH8CpuAIiZrxXWjKqY2_1CMFtejWmyYyAbIZz3rDOio453RtbLVI1EKEb3X9Fr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC-tjES82PZ2qbIxirFWFpcsi6uywjAu5fJu1hMXWimuQEvEvci1NFyZ6hNCtQdA=
"
clipset wrote:
Do you need to pick up the pierce nodes in the tree on top of a pierce gem if you're playing a TS Raider for AOE clearing (assuming no Drillneck)? I played as TS Deadeye in Prophecy, so chain took care of that aspect. Also what do you think about Aspect of the Chase instead of Avatar of the Veil?

I'm thinking about a tree like this right now - http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICR5uNCC7tgxmOAF7Tfn11_rq748Sip9T-yO96_MUNjYd2459KfVuvTioj028nmmqPYEz_QzHawXTtBS167y5T02_DM1oaIXaGzsEzJJ1iWo1-zZjqYnXLvqdlTb02R37uDqOKI_aNfU2SMHx_KznUdvcx-qCfUUc-z73mN9TtP-dUJP3_3pUF2cYylH8CpuAIiZrxXWjKqY2_1CMFtejWmyYyAbIZz3rDOio453RtbLVI1EKEb3X9Fr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC-tjES82PZ2qbIxirFWFpcsi6uywjAu5fJu1hMXWimuQEvEvci1NFyZ6hNCtQdA=

Yes, you still want the 100% Pierce for the best AOE possible. Even if no Drillneck, it doesn't really matter, Pierce Chance still does the most for LA.

I actually talked to a friend today regarding his build for 2.4, and I think Slaughter is the one to give up if you take Chase because you get more from the Phasing/Movement speed of Veil. I liked Slaughter when I was getting free Onslaught from Extractor, but if you are going to commit to Chase, then the best synergy is in Veil.

Just did some testing with the aforementioned Bow and a Tabula (and some Ventor's Gambles, lmao). Had already converted my Prophecy char to an MF character, but whatever.

In this video 5L Split Arrow and 6L Tabula Blast Rain in a random Gorge >>> http://plays.tv/s/KwSYGECb8se3

Basically the bow I showed above is about the same as a Lioneye's Glare (better Crit though), but that's really about it. Even 2.4 Reach of the Council destroys this in damage, as it's only a 30K or so Split Arrow, basically a joke.

In this video Atziri a 5L Tornado Shot and 6L Tabula Puncture Trap (Sound randomly cut out, don't know what happened) >>> http://plays.tv/s/KwSa5AmQZuhD

Goal is just to show the mechanics of the skills, but just from the Split Arrow/Blast Rain video, with late-game gear the clear should be still good, just single target can be awkward. Gear is budget/low DPS as hell, to resemble what early temp league struggles will be.

Will probably do the end-game stuff when the new patch hits.
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Aug 31, 2016, 7:22:38 PM
"
"
clipset wrote:

Yes, you still want the 100% Pierce for the best AOE possible. Even if no Drillneck, it doesn't really matter, Pierce Chance still does the most for LA.

I actually talked to a friend today regarding his build for 2.4, and I think Slaughter is the one to give up if you take Chase because you get more from the Phasing/Movement speed of Veil. I liked Slaughter when I was getting free Onslaught from Extractor, but if you are going to commit to Chase, then the best synergy is in Veil.

Thanks for the reply. I'm mainly thinking of going down the slaughter path to generate frenzy charges and run vaal pact without blood rage. Maybe I'll mess around with slaughter + veil and see how it feels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info