☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

Just a quick question for temp league building, why do we go vaal pact if there's no leech on the tree? Just hoping for gear rolls? Not to sure what I'm doing at the moment.

Edit - I see there is .4 damage leeched as life. Is it possible to path for the lioneyes fall jewel without acuity using vaal pact?
Last edited by evenson on Aug 12, 2017, 3:35:58 AM
can this build go with Doomfletch Prism bow ?
"
evenson wrote:
Just a quick question for temp league building, why do we go vaal pact if there's no leech on the tree? Just hoping for gear rolls? Not to sure what I'm doing at the moment.

Edit - I see there is .4 damage leeched as life. Is it possible to path for the lioneye's fall jewel without acuity using vaal pact?

I'm in the process of trying out a vaal pact/lioneye's fall hybrid without using atziri's acuity, the extra crit chance and multi helps a fair bit and the extra life leech is definitely helpful to sustain against bosses. It's much better against reflect too since switching from death's opus to lioneye's glare.

For me at least it feels like barrage is not doing so much damage and my life pool isn't so high (4.3k), but my gear is still far from ideal.

Would be interesting to hear Sarang's thoughts on a hybrid without atziri's acuity, not sure if it has been covered in this thread somewhere?
"
evenson wrote:

Edit - I see there is .4 damage leeched as life. Is it possible to path for the lioneyes fall jewel without acuity using vaal pact?

0.4% leech is enough for regular mob/low level (<70) areas if your damage is good enough. I believe you could go for the Soul Raker with vaal pact, but you would have to sacrifice other health or damage nodes in the lower part of the tree. Personally, I will wait until atziris acuity becomes affordable before I respec towards soul raker.
Keep in mind however that we have other sources of leech. We use blood rage which gives 1.4% (though this is mostly negated by the constant drain on your HP) and we also have Vessel of Vinktar (currently the only unique flask I'm using) which always keeps my health topped when in use. The 20% lightning leech is huge.
I'm also still using a single health flask as of now, because my gear is not the best yet and in many bossfights that has saved my life so far, because vinktars sadly drains in one use (unless your ascendancy passive procs).

"
yslgames86 wrote:
can this build go with Doomfletch Prism bow ?

For leveling surely, however endgame I don't think it is as good as the others. The base damage just seems terrible to me. Personally I use lioneyes glare, which is dirt cheap for some reason. Not having to worry about accuracy is neat, the base damage is really good and far shot is a nice bonus.

@OP, thanks for this guide. I haven't played a ranger before and always wanted to do so. My only previous high level characters were in the breach league. Compared to them this build is really quick and also very fun to play, even though this one was nerfed from what I read (granted, what I played back then were not exactly meta builds either).
Just wondering how important the uniques actually are, specifically Rats Nest, Signal Fire and Atziris acuity. I know that they would boost my damage by quite a bit, however I prefer to not get one/two shot by certain bosses and as such I currently run rare items with high (90+) life and resists on them. I get the feeling that if you want to run the uniques, you'd need near perfect resist gear in all of the other slots already. But maybe I'm missing something. If Acuity becomes cheaper I might do a switch and try it out.
Hi everyone,

Is it useful to have LG with far shot if i have point blank ? To benefit far shot effect i need to stay at least at midd range but point blank Will lower my damage isnt it ?

Also, i'v heard vaal haste has been nerfed, Is it still worth playing with it ? If we save 1 skill slot we could add ice-bite to our herald of ice - CoH - assa mark combo. What you think ?

Finally i cant decide if i should go raider or pathfinder this league... Any pros/cons on this choice ?

Thx in avance !

Ps: would love to have sarang's thought on my Last question !
"
Neronne wrote:
Hi everyone,

Is it useful to have LG with far shot if i have point blank ? To benefit far shot effect i need to stay at least at midd range but point blank Will lower my damage isnt it ?

Also, i'v heard vaal haste has been nerfed, Is it still worth playing with it ? If we save 1 skill slot we could add ice-bite to our herald of ice - CoH - assa mark combo. What you think ?

Finally i cant decide if i should go raider or pathfinder this league... Any pros/cons on this choice ?

Thx in avance !

Ps: would love to have sarang's thought on my Last question !

I decided to go raider for the start of the league and switch to pathfinder when I start getting the good flasks.
Last edited by evenson on Aug 12, 2017, 7:45:35 PM
Bought this today for 1 EX
i think it was a nice catch, since other's are 4-5 ex.

Im at around 25 EX gathered atm, still running with tabula and 5l Glare + my items i bought when entering maps. Its time to make some shopping but i don't know what should i buy first and if Guardians/Shaper is reachable with that amount. +1 Arrow Signals are like 10 EX, 6Link Belly or Bow gonna be around 10 too, might try some luck linking it tomorrow. Should i focus on ring and amy? Im still runing without Claw to Bow jewel, not sure what point i should refund for i (still need to change bandits since i took Oak by mistake lol)

My rings are shit and im still lvl 89 (dying to much with my current hp pool of 4200, but that's normal with items im still using :P) My profile is open so maybe u can tell if there is a point switching sth for Lioneyes Jewel (keep in mind i gonna have 2 more points from bandits).

Im starting to regert that i din't buy the jewel when it was 20c, its now 60c lol. Seems like a lot of ppl are trying Ahns Doomfletch since it also went from like 20c to 40c and i sold my linked one for 10 ex earlier.
Last edited by Hejti on Aug 12, 2017, 7:35:27 PM
Which variant of the Vessel of Vinktar is the best for this build ?

PS: Any news for the revamp of the guide ?
Last edited by Arkhandar on Aug 13, 2017, 6:12:58 PM
"
Arkhandar wrote:
Which variant of the Vessel of Vinktar is the best for this build ?

PS: Any news for the revamp of the guide ?

Should be the pen one I think.
Hi _Saranghaeyo_,

thank you for your build =)

i just switched from frostblades to the raider version of your build until i can afford the flasks for the pathfinder version.

i have a few questions:
- is LG the BiS Bow ?
- is lioneyes fall jewel only mandatory when using LG ?
- when should i transition to point blank ? does clearspeed suffer a lot ?
- can you give me some advices where to head next with my gear / tree ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeAx4FLQW1CC4IiQ2ND6sRLxa_FyYZjh9BIXYi6iPTI_YkiyT9JpUqCyo4KwowfDH6MgE2PTfUOdQ-z0HQQzFHfkp9TP9Nkk4qUUdVS1b6Whpbr11oXfJh4mKsZU1sjHBSdO11y3b3ePl6hH11ft1_K4bOh3aJ04w2jX2Nfo25jb-QCpUFmvGbjZ2qoJ-n1LIZu-O9Nr3mvqfBM8MzwzrEosqpzZjPetCt037UI9ZY2sHnVOjW6mLrY-0_7YPuDu96_MX9bv66_sj_3g==?accountName=hekkktorr&characterName=knochenfurz

Last edited by hekkktorr on Aug 14, 2017, 12:33:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info