☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

"
0% of this gear was acquired about two weeks into the league, and while I could make some upgrades like the Belt, I haven't really needed to.

What... Im still new and started 2 weeks ago - How is it even possible to get Rat's Nest so fast or Kaom's Heart

Am i missing something or just slow/unlucky?

I am just finished Act 4 (cruel) lv60, I didn't rush anything and learn about the game, craft etc... And still there's many things to learn.

I guess the game is start once you reach lv70 with maps? O.o
Let me address this more in detail in a few hours where I can type on a computer and not a phone.

If you go off the proposed Level 73 template, it's just there as a reference, for the record. I did take one +30 Str Node to account for Kaom's, and that puts me right at the requirement.

About content, will address this as well, but the only content that I cannot currently do well is probably Core Map and the other T15's with Temp Chains (for example T15 Abyss boss is infinitely harder imo when you have less mobility). I've done Twinned Abyss a few times now for people who needed the challenges. Everything else seems to be on the table in terms of content, will probably try Uber once the league ends since I don't have any Hopes atm.

Setting aside time to put together a new computer this weekend so there will be some recording capabilities I can play around with.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Ok, I see about STR and Kaom. Edited my post above - need so much for info.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Aug 19, 2016, 8:10:28 AM
Mob damage, heh.

I remember getting chunked for 4-5k on my EQ dude in a no damage mod volcano by a white skelly. Luckily i had 9k life and legacy vinktars.

@Sunl4d2

I've tested attack speed in crit LA builds though it was a long time ago. If i remember correctly, i had a 410pdps harbinger at the time. Pretty slow bow, as we all know. However, faster attacks never beat out any other gem(like crit damage, added fire, etc.) in both single target and clear speed.

Tbh, the faster attacks gem just about died with 2.0. That was when we got jewels(which can give up to 8% AS in a single mod), and blood rage started giving 20% AS. Also, everyone started using frenzy charges, so if you have like 6 frenzy charges, that's easy 24% AS. With so many extra sources of attack speed, and the fast that ggg have been giving out 'more' multipliers like candy ever since, trying to get insane amounts of attack speed has been limited to a few niche builds like ele spectral throw. You weren't around back then, but I certainly don't miss the 14 attacks per second cleave blenders that could desync the entire party in an instant(bit of a tangent, i know).

For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Aug 19, 2016, 9:02:08 AM
"
Etherfire wrote:
So, I was theorycrafting a bit on this, as my first build in essence(if i play it). How about an endgame(lvl 90+) tree that looks like this:

Scion life wheel because I have too many bad memories of having to abandon bow chars in new leagues because they only had 3k life.

Btw, you an asian too Sarang? Never knew.

I definitely like the tree idea, and for non-Kaom users I'd probably head over to Scion regardless and get the life boost. I think I had a similar tree when I was pushing to 100 when I decided to overload on HP, and wound up breaking 8K or so with a non-Legacy Kaom's. Feelsgood. Overall looks very solid for a more defensive approach, INT will always be a problem but I'm assuming you'll be using a Fertile Mind in the Ranger Jewel Socket. I do think you can drop 2 points out of Scion Life and 1 point out of Lethality to connect all the way from Blood Drinker to Nullification, and then get Coldhearted Calculation (which allows you to connect all the way to Coordination, thereby dropping the 2 Dex Nodes that are right underneath it). That sets up nicely so that by 95 you'll have Sniper as well as fully Phase Acrobatics. Still very much in agreement.

"
DeadlyEyes wrote:
"
0% of this gear was acquired about two weeks into the league, and while I could make some upgrades like the Belt, I haven't really needed to.

What... Im still new and started 2 weeks ago - How is it even possible to get Rat's Nest so fast or Kaom's Heart

Am i missing something or just slow/unlucky?

I am just finished Act 4 (cruel) lv60, I didn't rush anything and learn about the game, craft etc... And still there's many things to learn.

I guess the game is start once you reach lv70 with maps? O.o

POE atm is all about farming speed so you at Level 60, you aren't really going to experience what the end game is like. My recommendation would be to continue grinding, especially since things like Kaom's Heart cannot even drop at your current progress in the campaign. Your first character is always a learning experience :)

When you arrive in A4 Merciless, my suggestion would be to farm Aqueducts and get a Tabula ASAP, and then a Lioneye's Glare bow. This combination is enough offensively to get off the ground in terms of farm, and with a more defensive tree like Ether suggested, will carry you into mid-tier Yellow Maps, which is honestly all that you need.

@Sun,

I didn't feel the need to address the attack speed thing because Ether did a great job at explaining the situation. You have Reach, which has pretty good base AS already, along with Blood Rage and the passives you build around. Overclocking on attack speed is pretty poor in terms of return. On that point as well, rarely are most build threads only answered by the OP, it's more in terms of open discussion, and a bow build is not reinventing the wheel by any means. So there are many knowledgeable sources you can get answers from as well.

Shadows and Dust or most Unique gloves are very useful, I used Rare Gloves because of Resistance issues (basically first rule of POE, make sure you're 75/75/75). Previous leagues I've gone with actually Facebreaker since they are very good in the new iteration, 90% Crit Multi. But this league I use Sybil's to protect against Reflect, and that was yet another gear slot that was used up as a Unique and not a Rare.

About the content, like I said with layered defenses as I mentioned (Evasion, Dodge, all the Curse on Hit stuff, Extractor ability, Vinktar, Atziri Flask, etc) Reflect hasn't really been an issue. Flask management fairly important here as the Diamond Flask is basically what keeps you capped, and extra leech and damage with the DPS flasks. If you're getting damaged by mobs, I don't know if you play MOBA's but you cannot really facetank on this build, requires stutter stepping and some positioning, also don't forget your Blink Arrow is useful at drawing aggro. (An aside though, why run Dark Forests anyways when 3x Dark Forest = Gorge :P)

I also mentioned that you won't intentionally be running Reflect Maps, but you can adjust gear to handle 1 certain type of Reflect, but not both (see in the middle of the post regarding that). This build can do any singular Reflect Map and basically every mod except for No Leech, which I suppose with pots and Poacher's Mark you still can, but is pretty damn miserable to do so. My initial impression is that you're definitely getting a little close to enemies.

But like I said, can try to record a little early next week. I'm sure at least for Bow characters, an Atziri Run is required, and maybe some T13+ maps ^^
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Ok, I will probably respec from bow wheel and get to Harrier area for crit and stuff. Also why you don't get Crit / phys damage nodes to the right from Ballistic Mastery? 45% crit chance and 8% movement speed in total - though takes 6 points to reach Aspect of the Lynx.

If I get surrounded by mobs - hp melt like crazy. And it happens from time to time. because Light radius is small and I just don't see a lot of stuff - probably need some prefire in the dark before moving. It's just too squishy for me even with Kaom's huge life pool.

Even thinking about switching back to Kintsugi now... ;_; What are best choice for extra 6 sockets / links in this scenario?

Last edited by SunL4D2 on Aug 19, 2016, 12:44:40 PM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Ok, I will probably respec from bow wheel and get to Harrier area for crit and stuff. Also why you don't get Crit / phys damage nodes to the right from Ballistic Mastery? 45% crit chance and 8% movement speed in total - though takes 6 points to reach Aspect of the Lynx.

If I get surrounded by mobs - hp melt like crazy. And it happens from time to time. because Light radius is small and I just don't see a lot of stuff - probably need some prefire in the dark before moving. It's just too squishy for me even with Kaom's huge life pool.

Even thinking about switching back to Kintsugi now... ;_; What are best choice for extra 6 sockets / links in this scenario?

His tree is only level 73(?). Pretty low level, that is. All those nodes you talked about, you can take them at higher levels. If you look at the level 92/93 tree i posted earlier, you'll notice that I did indeed take those nodes.

This is a buff
So with Reach most likely getting nerfed for 2.4 what do you think will be the ideal bow in general to shoot for or aim to get? Pretty much what I'm asking is if reach didn't exist what bow would you use
Highest possible dps harbinger with good crit chance. It seems that getting one of those should be somewhat easier in the essence league.

This is a buff
"
I definitely like the tree idea, and for non-Kaom users I'd probably head over to Scion regardless and get the life boost. I think I had a similar tree when I was pushing to 100 when I decided to overload on HP, and wound up breaking 8K or so with a non-Legacy Kaom's. Feelsgood.

I am playing a build like this for quite a while now (on std, classic build without frostwall/pierce though). Gaining enough dps isn't really a thing nowadays. Asc-Points, flasks and enchants are ridiculously strong. So going for scion-wheel has imho a way greater impact than gaining another few thousand tooltip-dps you don't need anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info