☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

Besides, ure single target config for voltatix, i chose attack speed for pierce, which seems pointless for a single target, am i wrong.
Tired of my last builds and thinking on trying this one.
I'm kinda poor doe, I have about 1ex. Should I farm more or can I try that?
This got complex and confusing. For general mapping what gear / passive tree you use and which videos correspond to Essence League? And setup for Shaper/other hard bosses. Because Standard where you got Legacy Kaom, Mirrored Gear and stuff is meh Q_q

Can you, please, post your gear / passives for League?

Also why use Aquity? When VP is one meter away from Ranger. VP is superior otherwise. They both give same ammount of instant leech. Or this gloves give 100% leech or something that is not mentioned in Wiki? (Or you use it just for this 4 points? -_- ) Instead you can get Shadows and Dust (or Maligaro's as budger version) and get so much clear speed from this...

So Poison Barrage is weaker than Elemental Barrage?

Can I destroy content with Tabula btw? Or with budget gear 2-7 ex?
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Oct 17, 2016, 7:20:43 AM
"
Wilmots wrote:
Besides, ure single target config for voltatix, i chose attack speed for pierce, which seems pointless for a single target, am i wrong.

Drillneck gives damage from pierce chance.

"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Also why use Aquity? When VP is one meter away from Ranger. VP is superior otherwise. They both give same ammount of instant leech. Or this gloves give 100% leech or something that is not mentioned in Wiki? (Or you use it just for this 4 points? -_- ) Instead you can get Shadows and Dust (or Maligaro's as budger version) and get so much clear speed from this...

Vaal Pact negates hp regen. If you use Aquity, you can pick additional hp regen nodes and use Blood Rage without problems.
First of all my apologies for lack of replies... have been vacation last 3-4 days so just settling back. Thanks Wermine for holding down the fort a little bit in my absence.

@basta: That's the god version of this build :P Very nice gear!

"
Undriuz wrote:
Can you add some Guardian Fight videos with Voltaxic bow?

Unfortunately at the moment I'm really low on currency in Standard and have respec'ed the Ranger I have to a PvP character, so I will plan to expand the Voltaxic section during the next free Passive Reset. Could be earlier if some items sell, but as you can imagine, the Standard economy is quite slow.

"
Wilmots wrote:

Well, as Wermine said, we use Pierce Gem so we can take advantage of the Poison Double-dip with Drillneck. We get Poison for free from the Pathfinder Ascendancy, and Poison will benefit from Drillneck in both the initial hit as well as the resulting Damage Over Time that it inflicts, so Pierce is pretty valuable in this situation.

"
germano003 wrote:
Tired of my last builds and thinking on trying this one.
I'm kinda poor doe, I have about 1ex. Should I farm more or can I try that?

As with all builds, you can get started pretty easily, this league I did not have as much time as I did in Prophecy League so unfortunately I didn't get the character off the ground, but I basically always start off with a Lioneye's Glare or some other cheap bow and farm my way up. The most important thing imo is to understand the build concept, which the interaction of Instant Leech through either Vaal Pact or Acuity combined with the massive amount leeched through Vinktar + Physical to Lightning Gem. Even without great gear I could still farm low Reds on a 5L bow and Tabula (and subsequently completed 100 Atziri's with this setup), so it's quite viable to begin with.

"
SunL4D2 wrote:
This got complex and confusing. For general mapping what gear / passive tree you use and which videos correspond to Essence League? And setup for Shaper/other hard bosses. Because Standard where you got Legacy Kaom, Mirrored Gear and stuff is meh Q_q

Can you, please, post your gear / passives for League?

So Poison Barrage is weaker than Elemental Barrage?

Can I destroy content with Tabula btw? Or with budget gear 2-7 ex?

If you wanna do the Essence League version you can pretty much do the mapping setup with a new Reach (still looking for 6L one in Standard so I can record) and just TS. Barrage like I mentioned is really just useful for large HP bosses, but is not necessary if you're gonna be farming T15 and under. I have a Twinned Abyss video with non-Legacy Kaom and 6L old Reach, so that should give an idea. The rest of my gear is not close to Mirrored, and is basically "good" 3-month league gear that I've picked up in the past. Most of my Standard setup was acquired 1-2 pieces at a time each temp league.

I use Acuity so I can regen life and offset Blood Rage (also great for running Lab). If you're just going to map, you can do so without any issues with VP, just gets tricky in some indoor maps where you may have some dead spots between mobs and you get low.

Build concept is Instant Leech + Vinktar Flask + Physical to Lightning Gem, which allows you to survive pretty much everything, including facetanking some tough bosses. If you're starting off with 2-7 ex budget then even a Tabula + new Reach is good enough to get started in this case.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
If you wanna do the Essence League version you can pretty much do the mapping setup with a new Reach (still looking for 6L one in Standard so I can record) and just TS. Barrage like I mentioned is really just useful for large HP bosses, but is not necessary if you're gonna be farming T15 and under. I have a Twinned Abyss video with non-Legacy Kaom and 6L old Reach, so that should give an idea. The rest of my gear is not close to Mirrored, and is basically "good" 3-month league gear that I've picked up in the past. Most of my Standard setup was acquired 1-2 pieces at a time each temp league.

I use Acuity so I can regen life and offset Blood Rage (also great for running Lab). If you're just going to map, you can do so without any issues with VP, just gets tricky in some indoor maps where you may have some dead spots between mobs and you get low.

Build concept is Instant Leech + Vinktar Flask + Physical to Lightning Gem, which allows you to survive pretty much everything, including facetanking some tough bosses. If you're starting off with 2-7 ex budget then even a Tabula + new Reach is good enough to get started in this case.

Appreciate reply.

So even new RoTC is great? It's pDPS is fucking small though man. 280 = Best roll :o I didn't accounted for GMP Less modifier though and not sure about the math but i still have my doubts about this idea.

I just seen this build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1745340/page/1 It seems insane O_o What do you think about it? Damage seems insane + CI is superior to Life in like every possible way even with pretty budget version. I trust you on this more than this guy, so I would like some honest comparision.

I would like to hear your thoughts about Doomfletch Prism version of crit Ele bow as well.

Ic why y choose Acuity.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Oct 18, 2016, 4:07:29 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
So even new RoTC is great? It's pDPS is fucking small though man. 280 = Best roll :o I didn't accounted for GMP Less modifier though and not sure about the math but i still have my doubts about this idea.

Don't forget that you'll put another +dmg support gem in. So in a way Reach of The Council has 8 links: 6 normal links, built-in GMP, +26% more damage pseudogem (for the lack of GMP).

These are my numbers with RoTC, although I had a bit different passive tree and items than now.

REACH OF THE COUNCIL
TS - wed, ptl, crit strikes, fa, ppad
unbuffed: 37k
PLUS hoi, hatred, ice golem: 47k
PLUS 7 frenzy, 3 power: 75k
PLUS vov, ap, toh: 127k

I got 140k damage when I didn't have crit strikes (instead had slower projectiles), but I wanted to crit more.
"
Wermine wrote:
"
Wilmots wrote:

Drillneck gives damage from pierce chance.

Omg, me noob.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
I just seen this build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1745340/page/1 It seems insane O_o

They made the guide with pretty much perfect mirrorgear, which is why it justs looks like nuts. Sarang' got quite decent std-gear as well, but there is still quite a huge gap. For the costs of the shown gear the build is actually nothing special all. - And: Defensivly it's quite squishy for a build using gear worth thousands of exalteds. A life-Build with comparable gear is a lot more stable.
Last edited by basta1982 on Oct 18, 2016, 11:52:11 AM
"
basta1982 wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
I just seen this build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1745340/page/1 It seems insane O_o

They made the guide with pretty much perfect mirrorgear, which is why it justs looks like nuts. Sarang' got quite decent std-gear as well, but there is still quite a huge gap. For the costs of the shown gear the build is actually nothing special all. - And: Defensivly it's quite squishy for a build using gear worth thousands of exalteds. A life-Build with comparable gear is a lot more stable.

How is build that outleeches everything except Shaper's smash is squishy? He is in no way squish. Like at all. Specially compared to Sarang's life template that fear any big attack from Red tier and above boss. Leech from Vinktar + 12+ k ES + Flaskfinder is insane. Life > ES? Are you sure we play same game? 12k EHP > 6k EHP. Single issue is stun/freeze shenanigans + it's hard to use Blood Rage.

He only uses Mirrored Harbinger. Other gear linked is just good rolled things. If I understand correctly if substitute that bow with weaker version - say x2 times less base phys damage, our damage will be halved, can be wrong here. And 50% of this bazillions of damage should be more than enough to destroy everything in the game with ease.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Oct 19, 2016, 12:01:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info