☆ [Outdated] Sarang's TS/LA/Barrage Archer | Pathfinder | Crit Bow | Videos | Budget Version ☆

"
DBM92 wrote:
ty vm :), just to be sure, the damage is shown with power charges and flasked buffed right?, and what is PTL ?, and kan you tell me why i'm taking insane damage when i get hit :/

Yes, it's with charges. Could do one with just Flasks since we assume they are always at uptime.

PTL is Physical to Lightning, need it at least on TS so we can leech a bunch from Vinktar flask.

For hits, generally depends on your life pool and Evasion. I have Phase Acrobatics and 8.8K Life, so with the leech you get from your main attack with PTL and Vinktar is pretty good.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
DBM92 wrote:
ty vm :), just to be sure, the damage is shown with power charges and flasked buffed right?, and what is PTL ?, and kan you tell me why i'm taking insane damage when i get hit :/

Yes, it's with charges. Could do one with just Flasks since we assume they are always at uptime.

PTL is Physical to Lightning, need it at least on TS so we can leech a bunch from Vinktar flask.

For hits, generally depends on your life pool and Evasion. I have Phase Acrobatics and 8.8K Life, so with the leech you get from your main attack with PTL and Vinktar is pretty good.

and again ty vm :), but can you take a look into my character and see what i can improve to get better build, i know i'm still low lvl compared to you :), and bow like yours gotta cost me ex that i cant imagene where to get :), would be nice with some advice :)
Awesome guide, the playstyle of your build looks amazing and really fun!

Two thumbs up!

"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
DBM92 wrote:
can you tell me why i'm taking so big damage from monsters, and what's your dps? because i have trouble by killing rare monsters :/

Hey mate.

I try not to show DPS screenshots if I can, it will depend heavily on your gear. But here they are if you are interested:

TS:

Barrage:

You can get 95% Crit Cap on TS pretty easily imo with the Increased Crit Strikes gem.

With Barrage I'm using Reach + Signal Fire. But the Tooltip is 1 Projectile, so with +1 Helm Enchant + Reach + Dying Sun + 4 Base Projectiles, I actually have 11x Projectiles total that are each coming out at that amount.

Any other question lmk. Keep in mind for TS damages Vinktar + PTL Gem allow us to facetank pretty much. Even with Barrage, just with full Flasks it is np to facetank T16 Guardians due to the sheer number of projectiles in each attack.

yeah, the tooltip dps for both TS and barrage are dirty lies.

Barrage you say, the 11 proj. whats the TS?
see gmp+4, dying sun as well +2. +1 secondary helm in op. I assume since gmp is in there, not using reach there?
so, 7 primary, x4 secondary. Additional secondary projectiles does not directly increase single target dps, however, reduces the chances of missing, due to spread.

Both miss a few projectiles single target, due to spread, depending on standing location.
Assuming 8/7 proj hit, 7 proj TS is 1,277,400dps. (Why 8/7? the initial shot hits, then the aoe subprojectiles also hit. so, 7 proj TS is capable of hitting 8 times.)
11/11 barrage hit, 1,158,685 dps.

how many arrows actually hit? this is more complicated. TS's natural spread is large. and the more you add to primary arrows, the wider it gets, and the more miss single target. HOWEVER, additional SECONDARY arrows counter this, by increasing the aoe spread.
At 7 primary, and 3 secondary, only 5 of the arrows would likely actually hit a primary target. But, with a +1 or even better +2, the secondary hits would less deadzone, and thus go back up to 6 or 7 hits.

Even point blank, I find Barrage will miss due to spread about 5-10% of the time. Max range a solid 10-20%.

I would guess on average your actual hit rate with TS is 6-7 hits per shot, and actual barrage is 8-10.
estimate:
TS- 958,050-1,117,725dps
Barrage-842,680-105,3350dps.
This is of course just rough guessing. how close you stand to targets matters. As well as your TS aim. Not trying to argue one is better either. just articulating how the tooltip is not accurate.
Last edited by Casia on Oct 1, 2016, 5:34:20 PM
can you tell me why i only have about 5.3k in life, when you almost have 9k, i know you have a legacy kaom's but does it really gives that much life ?
you have 150% inc max life in tree.
and 4sockets, with 6% life.

your kaoms is 500x 2.56= 1282 life. a legacy would give you another 1282 life. (2564 life,or 6.5k otaslusing your 5.3 suggested with nonlegacy.)

he lists his legacy vs nonlegacy:
8.6K Life Pool with Legacy Kaom's Heart, 7.1K Life Pool with non-Legacy Kaom's Heart
his build has 174% life. and 5sockets.
assume 7% per, for 209% inc life.
form him 500 kaoms is 1545, and legacy would be another 1545.(3090 life.)
Checked op, and he has 4 7% life jewels. not redoing math. but its 202%, not 209%.

So, its a combination. your nonlegacy with less life % is giving you 1282, his legacy with more life %, is giving him 3090. 1808 additional life.

get 7% jewels, finish up all those life nodes missing.
you are also missing 60 life on gear, vs his. Amulet. Which at 202% max life, 60 is 181 life itself.
Last edited by Casia on Oct 3, 2016, 8:29:39 AM
for ref, asked about belly the other day. lets look.

Without kaoms or other chest:
438life on gear
30 str on gear.= 15life
28% max life on jewels.

Passive
87 life from str.
42max life.
174% max life.

base 38life +
12 life per level.
he is level 100.
1238life base.
14 base str=7 life.
1827 base life x 202%= 5517.5 max life.

Kaoms 500 or 1000 then adds to that 1827. and you probably can see why kaom is so insane, adding 1000 to 1827.
500 kaom- 2327 basex202%= 7027life.
100 kaoms-2827 basex202= 8537life.

Belly.
40%
1827x 242%= 6248 life.
Solid. but would then still fall well short of Kaoms, even 500.
Much more flat life would be needed, to shore it up. and hes is only really "missing" life on rats nest. another 100 life on helm would still only be 6590 total.
Thanks for calculations, Casia.

I'm currently using 5x Jewel Socket, each with 7% Maximum Life. My apologies for not getting back to you on the Belly thing, but ~6.3K Life is correct with a 40% Roll.

Ofc you don't need 8.8K Life to do the majority of the content. With non-Legacy Kaom's you should be just fine, the build is very strong just with the Physical to Lightning conversion + Pathfinder + Vinktar combo'ed with good life pool and Evasion + Dodge. When farming regular content (Uber Lab, T14 or below maps, etc), I use:

And I just slot a bunch of gems into it to level. Belly is definitely a viable chest for the build as well if you do not have a second weapon to swap to like I do. I didn't have much time this temp league to gear up a bow character (and for all intents and purposes, I do expect Pathfinder adjustments next league anyways), so it's unfortunate I haven't been able to test with the nerfed Reach and other items.

Been a little busy this weekend (American football season...), so I plan on adding in the Voltaxic variant tomorrow night when I get off work. Some users have been asking about it, and once again my apologies for not updating faster.
Added a short section for my take on the Voltaxic version. Big thanks to djnat, who provided the basis for tree. With Pathfinder we need to take Master Herbalist to Poison, but must choose to drop Master Surgeon or Master Alchemist. Gear is listed, and is in very similar fashion to the Physical Damage version. We do travel differently in the Tree though, since we need a lot of INT for Wrath.
Last edited by Nerub on Oct 5, 2016, 10:06:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info