What happens if the sextant adds 1 mod your build CANNOT DO?

Apparently you cannot scour the sextant mod(s) / remove the mod(s) in some way. And it says it lasts for 5 uses. You just have to find some other map to continue with somewhere else on the Atlas??

If this isn't explained it could totally destroy the experience of mapping.
"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last bumped on Aug 26, 2016, 3:05:30 PM
Totally. Or maybe it wont.
Doubt it,this is pretty valid concern you have,and TBH i don't think there won't be a way to "scour" it.
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
Apparently you cannot scour the sextant mod(s) / remove the mod(s) in some way. And it says it lasts for 5 uses. You just have to find some other map to continue with somewhere else on the Atlas??

If this isn't explained it could totally destroy the experience of mapping.

If your build can't do the map mod you could switch to another char, what's the problem?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Make a better build
"
Muldeh wrote:
Make a better build

Maybe you could offer us your precious help, Bob??

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
GGG's intended "economy stimulant" solution to this:
Spoiler
Pay someone to run it for you.

:x
"
srt746 wrote:
GGG's intended "economy stimulant" solution to this:
Spoiler
Pay someone to run it for you.

:x

lol, that's what I was thinking :P

But you would have to pay 5 times :P

There are TONS OF BUILDS that cannot do certain mods.

For example RF builds can't do BM / Ele weakness etc, many builds can't do reflect maps, others can't do no regen maps.

I e-mailed support to let them know anyway as this is a very serious issue.

P.S. And let's suppose you can SCOUR THEM...since you can stack them up to 5 times.. let's say you get 4 mods your build can do, but YOU CAN'T DO THE 5th one. You've just wasted 5 sextants? :P

They would have to be as common as augmentations / alts is this is the case.

-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Aug 12, 2016, 8:32:06 PM
Have multiple characters or just run like, five "Dungeon" tier maps near by to burn off the 5 charges, and by run I mean enter and leave.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
You think these maps don't expire like every other area in the game? Open and leave 5 maps and when they expire try again. Seems like you're trying to create a problem so you have something to complain about.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info