Anyone else skipping Essence League?

Honestly the league mechanic could be "every time you kill a rare, a scroll fragment will drop" and I would still play it. I don't enjoy playing on Standard anymore, I prefer the fresh start. There are still some challenges to complete for short term goals, and you get some rewards (whatever they will be doesn't matter to me since I never use MTX even though I have a decent amount of them). I just like to complete stuff. If the league mechanic is that horrible, it can be ignored and you can vendor all your essences.
Feel free to skip it or not but consider leagues are leagues if you don't even give it a try to construct your own opinion based on facts more than on worries then you won't have a second chance to play it and might miss something ^^

Hf :)
"
Necromael wrote:
I predict chaos orbs will become worthless in new league, don't mind it, but they will become obsolete with new mechanics.

next to no one uses them for items anyway, they're mostly used for maps (rolling and zana mods)
Hey Eldritch, it says you joined forums in January of 2012 so you very well know that GGG codes PoE to be RNG to the max whenever possible in lieu of real game mechanics as it's the easy way out. GGG loves to move the carrot that we are chasing all over the place for every league so for Essence League it should be of no surprise that essences are the newest carrots to chase to try to entice us to keep playing and purchasing mtx. Surprised that you even are posting about a new currency we don't even have yet and don't know it's drop rate yet. If same low rate as CHAOS then Essence League will be a big failure (only the 2 CHAOS orb recipe gets us any qty. of CHAOS... their actual drop rate sucks donkey). If GGG does set their drop rates correctly (at least orb of aug drop rates or better) then we may get enough to actually do some crafting but likely GGG will starve us as usual (and thus I refrain from mtx again).

Does GGG not see the correlation between orb starvation and no interest in buying an mtx? Maybe the 1% and hardcore time unlimited grinders are filling the GGG coffers and thus they don't need to care that the 99% are getting starved/shafted every challenge league.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Aug 17, 2016, 6:27:56 PM
I will try the standard atlas first, if I get bored quickly I may start up a character in the new league.
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Hey Eldritch, it says you joined forums in January of 2012 so you very well know that GGG codes PoE to be RNG to the max whenever possible in lieu of real game mechanics as it's the easy way out. GGG loves to move the carrot that we are chasing all over the place for every league so for Essence League it should be of no surprise that essences are the newest carrots to chase to try to entice us to keep playing and purchasing mtx. Surprised that you even are posting about a new currency we don't even have yet and don't know it's drop rate yet. If same low rate as CHAOS then Essence League will be a big failure (only the 2 CHAOS orb recipe gets us any qty. of CHAOS... their actual drop rate sucks donkey). If GGG does set their drop rates correctly (at least orb of aug drop rates or better) then we may get enough to actually do some crafting but likely GGG will starve us as usual (and thus I refrain from mtx again).

Does GGG not see the correlation between orb starvation and no interest in buying an mtx? Maybe the 1% and harcore time unlimited grinders are filling the GGG coffers and thus they don't need to care that the 99% are getting starved/shafted every challenge league.

Drop rates have been disclosed, about one to two essences will drop per zone.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:

Ouch. That's really low and very discouraging. It's as if GGG is wanting most of us to be Joshua and think this: "strange game. The only winning move is not to play." SIGH!!!

Hmmm... maybe if the drop rates are constant for each zone I can farm a very small zone like The Strand Beach or Ledge to generate a descent qty. of essences per hour. That will be boring as hell but if GGG insists on giving us lemons then I'll be doing brain dead farming runs with my endgame build to generate enough essence to use.

Maybe essence will be viewed in the same way spice oo Arrakis was worshiped in Dune.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Ouch. That's really low and very discouraging. It's as if GGG is wanting most of us to be Joshua and think this: "strange game. The only winning move is not to play." SIGH!!!

Hmmm... maybe if the drop rates are constant for each zone I can farm a very small zone like The Strand Beach or Ledge to generate a descent qty. of essences per hour. That will be boring as hell but if GGG insists on giving us lemons then I'll be doing brain dead farming runs with my endgame build to generate enough essence to use.

Maybe essence will be viewed in the same way spice oo Arrakis was worshiped in Dune.

The memories. The feels.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

One or two per zone. That's not bad at all.

It takes 3 to move up a tier, and the higher tiers can drop as well, so it's not just all Tier 1.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
"
innervation wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

The memories. The feels.
just looking at this screen made me happy
FeelsGoodMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info