Hardest bosses in video games?

What is the hardest boss you've ever had to beat in a video game?

I raise you this bastard: The Yellow devil from Megaman 1

Last bumped on Aug 22, 2016, 9:43:04 AM
Maneater from Demons Souls. Hardest fight of my life tbh. Very glitchy too which doesn't help at all.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Purple Jason was a real asshole

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Aug 10, 2016, 10:31:31 PM
Psycho Mantis almost took my sanity...

from Metal Gear Solid on PlayStation.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Aug 11, 2016, 12:25:14 AM

This old bully gave me so much trouble! I was rather young when I played though :P

Until a recent reply of Final Fantasy VII this guy caused me endless amounts of grief. Even then it was still pretty close.
Need help with something? Feel free to email support@grindinggear.com
Ornstein and Smaugh from Dark Souls 1, hands down.

For a 1vs1 fight, the last boss in that same game ( Gwyn, Lord of cinder). Fighting him without any help was really hard but the feeling of accomplishment when I beat him (4th attempt) was huge!
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Aug 11, 2016, 3:05:40 AM
IIRC the devil in MMX 5 or 6 was harder because of the level system and the highest difficulty made the blocks alter in speed while the pattern was the same. So you could never know if it was fast fast normal fast or slow fast normal fast.

Weird that you mention Ornstein and Smaug of the Soulsborn series.

Sure they were annoying the first playthrough but the Silver Knights with the greatbows were far more annoying.They are pretty much like Pontif Sulyvahn difficult in the first playthrough easier afterwards

But Artorias, Manus were much more difficult in Dark Souls. Artorias because the moves look similar and Manus because he gives you almost no time to heal.

I believe you are missing the Dark Souls DLC. The DLC adds 4 pretty difficult bosses.
3 of them are much harder than the regular game bosses.

Then there are bosses like Smelter Demon, looking glass knight(online only).

Imo the difficult souls bosses were those which are really aggressive giving you no healing window how vary in speed of their patterns.

The only real FF7 challenge is if when you defeat Emerald weapon in Disc 2.
The GBA Ports of the older FF series had more difficult bosses imo.

Omega MK2 in FF5(winning was more or less deceided because of encircle)
If the broken Dualwield combo wouldn't be possible in FF6 you could add couple of Dragonshrine monsters there.

While I had no difficult with many bosses I had problems with the set timelimit in games from the 90s era.

"

I'll give you that. I-IV were generally harder games (ish). V had the super bosses that were crazy. VI was reasonably easy imo (Go Locke).
Need help with something? Feel free to email support@grindinggear.com
"
Rob_GGG wrote:
"

I'll give you that. I-IV were generally harder games (ish). V had the super bosses that were crazy. VI was reasonably easy imo (Go Locke).

FFVI was the best one of the entire Franchise. It was also a bless to Suplex the train

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info