How many Prophecy points do you think I could get?

"
FarmerTed wrote:
Pale Council should be a fairly easy fight. Just get amethyst flask of curing and topaz flask of grounding. Experimenters prefix is nice, but not necessary.

It can be quite hard to keep your flasks up the whole time. Even if you kill the council members very quickly, you still need to spend a decent amount of time moving between the 4 of them to spot and then attack the right one.

(Not saying it's super hard or anything, just saying you maybe shouldn't rely on the flasks.)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Aug 11, 2016, 4:17:17 PM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
FarmerTed wrote:
Pale Council should be a fairly easy fight. Just get amethyst flask of curing and topaz flask of grounding. Experimenters prefix is nice, but not necessary.

It can be quite hard to keep your flasks up the whole time. Even if you kill the council members very quickly, you still need to spend a decent amount of time moving between the 4 of them to spot and then attack the right one.

(Not saying it's super hard or anything, just saying you maybe shouldn't rely on the flasks.)

Oh right, OP is melee?

OP, I recommend leveling a second character to be a reach of the council tornado shotter. Then you can fast clear all the things.
"
adghar wrote:
About Shrines: I don't know if it's just confirmation bias, but Labyrinth seems to be chock full of Shrines every time I go in there. If you're a cheap-o and enjoy running lab as I do, you can just spam Merc Sarn Lab for shrines. Some other people agree shrine rate in lab seems higher. If you get lucky with helm enchants you might be able to make some profit too.

"
FarmerTed wrote:
I also see a decent amount of shrines in Lab, but unless you like lab, running Domination maps is probably a better idea.

Thanks! Good to know, and I'm one of the minority who actually enjoys running lab (provided the servers don't die on us). But farming lab for shrines will be interesting, and I won't need to complete the lab each time, just run a lot of it.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 13, 2016, 12:22:30 AM
Progress from 8/12/2016

Whoot! Went from 16 challenges completed to 20 today.

• Defeated Malachai to complete Merciless Act IV and the "Kill these Merciless Act Bosses" Challenge.

• Completed "Kill Merciless Rares" Challenge, had to farm the areas where those types exist, clearing each area at least several times. When starting today I had 4 or so left to do.

• Completed "Currency from Vendor Recipes" Challenge. Last ones were selling trading in sets of rare equipment and the vaal orb (7 vaal gems and 1 vaal fragment, which I already had). I did farm a bit for the equipment drops, but the last couple pieces I was able to buy normals from vendors and alch them.

• Completed "Identify 50 Unique Items" Challenge. I found 3 while farming, then bought two for cheap over poe.trade (one for 2 alt and another for 1 chance).

• About 65% to level 76

• Touched more shrines and opened more strongboxes through regular farming to complete other challenges.

I'll be working on these next...

• Fully Upgrade your Hideout
  • Kill Merciless Izaro
  • Fulfill these Prophecy Types II
  • Complete these Encounters III
  • Fulfill these Prophecy Chains
  • Complete these Encounters IV

That would total 26, and I'd be happy with that much.
Progress from 8/14/2016

One more challenge completed.

• Completed "Fulfill these Prophecy Types II" Challenge. The first remaining tasks was to complete a fated unique, which I did with Shavronne and the boots. The second was to kill the four exiles on a map, which fortunately popped for the first map I entered.

• Made it to level 76, and at 81% towards 77. Running low tier maps, doing master dailies, and then merciless lab. At this level merciless lab still gives decent XP, but more importantly lots of strongboxes and shrines.

• Worked towards Prophecy Chains. I finished the entire Feral Lord chain, with the last having to go to the tier 3 map Mud Geyser. So now I have two of those seals. I also completed "The Unbreathing Queen III", which was completely be coincidence. I had to go to the Ledge any ways to get rid of the unwanted kill Kadaka & Kuduku prophecy. I didn't even research Unbreathing Queen III, so that was a happy coincidence.

• Completed "Identify 50 Unique Items" Challenge. I found 3 while farming, then bought two for cheap over poe.trade (one for 2 alt and another for 1 chance).

• Completed the strongbox task for the "Complete These Encounters IV" challenge. The rest:
    > Complete a Master's Mission (194/200)
    > Kill all members of a Bloodline pack (161/200)
    > Touch any Shrine (92/200)

• Completed the Crippling Grief trial just for fun. I probably won't be able to complete its parent challenge. Are these random, or are the trials you get in maps based upon map level? If these were random instead of map level based, I could perhaps complete this one, however I've only received two, and both were Crippling Grief. I do know about the prophecy to enter them on maps, which helps.

I'll be working on these next, listed in order of least to greatest amount of time to complete...

• Kill Merciless Izaro
  • Fully Upgrade your Hideout
  • Complete these Encounters IV
  • Complete these Encounters III
  • Fulfill these Prophecy Chains
Hey, good progress :) Going strong.

Trials are entirely random, you'll probably run into all of them.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
  • Completed the Crippling Grief trial just for fun. I probably won't be able to complete its parent challenge. Are these random, or are the trials you get in maps based upon map level? If these were random instead of map level based, I could perhaps complete this one, however I've only received two, and both were Crippling Grief. I do know about the prophecy to enter them on maps, which helps.

They're random.

You're progressing well, go for 36!

Edit: damn, my trial comment was beaten by vipermagi.
Last edited by codetaku on Aug 15, 2016, 12:00:50 PM
Awesome progress here, good luck getting them all done! :)
If you're still having trouble with Merciless Izaro tomorrow when I'm around in the evenings, I could buzz you through it if ye liked. Or at leas assist in the buzzing. No charge or anything dumb like that, just spend twenty minutes blitzing him if your particular build has issues with the Labyrinth. Dropping Izaro and his smug little skullface is always cathartic.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Hey, good progress :) Going strong.

"
You're progressing well, go for 36!

"
Awesome progress here, good luck getting them all done! :)

Thanks for the encouragement! :-)

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Trials are entirely random, you'll probably run into all of them.
"
They're random.

Good to know! Thanks, that may make completing this challenge possible.

"
1453R wrote:
If you're still having trouble with Merciless Izaro tomorrow when I'm around in the evenings, I could buzz you through it if ye liked. Or at leas assist in the buzzing. No charge or anything dumb like that, just spend twenty minutes blitzing him if your particular build has issues with the Labyrinth. Dropping Izaro and his smug little skullface is always cathartic.

I appreciate that! I won't be online tomorrow since it's the wife's day off. But I will be around today, and Wed-Fri this week. I also play evenings (EST).

With my other build in standard (dual flame totem), had no problem taking down Izaro in merciless. But with this CI build in prophecy, I almost was able to finish the first aspirant's trial, but was slowed by something and no flasks left, so was unable to get out of range in time on one of his attacks. I'd still need a few more levels or one or two better pieces of gear to keep that ES value high and recharged. 5.5k (down from 5.9 since build changes) with 400-something regen/sec. Using Tabula Rasa still (+1 gems on it), so a good 5L or 6L body armor would help, but with 5L hate to lose the DPS I have now.
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 15, 2016, 2:23:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info