Perfect 6 spot Arc / Perfect 5-6 spot SRS

I am looking for ideas.

With arc I am looking for 50% damage and 50% control, slow, freeze, disable etc.

What I am working with right now.

It is clear that I'm not getting much cold damage, chill or freeze.

When I get around to running Lab again and can do 3 totems I'll prob put SRS on the stick and cast arc.

Thoughts, oppinions, and ideas are very welcome.

Thank you
** Asus Crosshair TUF Gaming x570-Plus, Ryzen 3900x, Corsair H100i AIO, TridentZ 128GB DDR4, RX6900XT, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD **
Last bumped on Aug 26, 2016, 4:53:00 PM
When I get lucky and manage 5-6 links I'll likely move arc to this:

Thanks again.
** Asus Crosshair TUF Gaming x570-Plus, Ryzen 3900x, Corsair H100i AIO, TridentZ 128GB DDR4, RX6900XT, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD **
Absolutely no idea why the hell you'd use Chain with Arc. It gimps your damage. You get 2 more hits at the cost of a lot LESS damage on ALL hits.

Also no idea why you'd try to get cold damage on a lightning skill. You won't be doing much with just Added Cold Damage support for base cold, especially without other things that add cold to spells. But you'd get a lot more damage just trying to add lightning on it, especially with Wrath.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Call_of_the_Brotherhood

This will give you the control element you've been looking for, without having to run Added Cold Damage.

P.S. Pull that Chain out of there, Arc already chains plenty on its own.
Ah,

For some reason I had thought Chain would work in parallel not serial, hence the big hit to damage.

I can see with single hit abilities it would appear to be parallel to me which is why I was thinking that.

Yes adding just two more hops would not be worth it.

I am looking to add a bit of survivability - to compensate for the lack of armor with the Tabula Rosa. How well to the change to flee and blind work? Do they even do anything?

With 3 totems spamming I figure lots of proc chances.
Last edited by ElfBoy on Aug 10, 2016, 2:16:51 AM
I don't think Ice bite is worth using on a totem. Increase critical strikes would add almost as much chance to freeze, as well as also adding chance to shock, and increasing the duration. (Pretty sure almost any other gem would be better as well.)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Aug 10, 2016, 6:09:36 AM
I think the idea has gone astray. You are trying to make arc defensive so you can use a tabula and still be safe, but the whole point of using a tabula is to get a 6 link and now your 6 link is full is complete junk gems that could probably be outmatched by a good 3 link. I think you should just use proper arc damage gems in a 5 link or even a 4 link, use your damage skills for damage and use your armour for defense.
Tabulas aren't for endgame work. There's not really any way to make a Tabby better than a regular bit of gear in the endgame, even if you lose a socket or two. Once you get into Merciless you should really be looking to upgrade off a Tabby and into something that actually gives you numbers.

Usually the best defense against packs of regular critters is to kill them before they have a chance to do much. The strongest control effect in Path of Exile is "dead". A low-damage Arc also inflicts less freezes and shocks (both effects require a minimum level of damage dealt before they can apply) and inflicts those effects for a shorter time (elemental status ailments' durations are almost always based on the damage of the inflicting hit). Tying a bunch of random utility gems to your main damage source(?) is not a great idea.

If you're using SRS for damage and Arc for defense...well, that's going to be difficult to pull off. A better option for a defensive 'sidearm' Arc would be Curse on Hit. Arc, CoH, Enfeeble, Temp Chains (if dual-cursing) - zap things and suddenly they can do next to nothing to hurt you, especially if you're staying kitey.

Otherwise...well, you may have to pick between Arc and SRS. You can't really use a null-damage Arc to inflict control effects (outside curses) and then use SRS to kill. The Arc will be mostly useless, and time you spend Arcing is time you're not spending Unleashing The Horde.
"
1453R wrote:
Tabulas aren't for endgame work. There's not really any way to make a Tabby better than a regular bit of gear in the endgame, even if you lose a socket or two. Once you get into Merciless you should really be looking to upgrade off a Tabby and into something that actually gives you numbers.

Usually the best defense against packs of regular critters is to kill them before they have a chance to do much. The strongest control effect in Path of Exile is "dead". A low-damage Arc also inflicts less freezes and shocks (both effects require a minimum level of damage dealt before they can apply) and inflicts those effects for a shorter time (elemental status ailments' durations are almost always based on the damage of the inflicting hit). Tying a bunch of random utility gems to your main damage source(?) is not a great idea.

If you're using SRS for damage and Arc for defense...well, that's going to be difficult to pull off. A better option for a defensive 'sidearm' Arc would be Curse on Hit. Arc, CoH, Enfeeble, Temp Chains (if dual-cursing) - zap things and suddenly they can do next to nothing to hurt you, especially if you're staying kitey.

Otherwise...well, you may have to pick between Arc and SRS. You can't really use a null-damage Arc to inflict control effects (outside curses) and then use SRS to kill. The Arc will be mostly useless, and time you spend Arcing is time you're not spending Unleashing The Horde.

I've found a tabula is superior to a rare chest because of the two extra sockets. But then again, I'm almost always playing a build that needs the gems more than the rare chest.

As you said, "dead" is the best method of control. Those two gems can help increase DPS and thereby help you kill enemies before they hit you.

However, if one were to use a Tabula Rasa, I would highly recommend they get a +1 to all gems so that their gems offer more. This is especially true if you have an Empower and use it in the Tabula.
"
Natharias wrote:

I've found a tabula is superior to a rare chest because of the two extra sockets. But then again, I'm almost always playing a build that needs the gems more than the rare chest.

As you said, "dead" is the best method of control. Those two gems can help increase DPS and thereby help you kill enemies before they hit you.

However, if one were to use a Tabula Rasa, I would highly recommend they get a +1 to all gems so that their gems offer more. This is especially true if you have an Empower and use it in the Tabula.

Buy a white 5L chest for one chaos, transmute it.

Alt/aug it until you get two worthwhile mods. Generally life and a resist.

Regal it, hope you get something good. If you do, awesome. If not, you can 'meh' it or scour the thing and start over, provided you have the alts/augs.

Once you're done with the Regal step, mastercraft something onto it. Preferably a defense booster - +[X]% Armor for Armor chests, +[X]% Armor/ES for armor/ES bases, so on and so forth. Or get a resistance if you still need those.

Once you get something you're willing to wear, chrome it a few* times to get workable colors. Hopefully. provided you don't need a lot of off-color nodes. if you do, maybe adjust the type of 5L you buy.

Or just find a half-decent 5L rare on trade sites for five chaos.

Bam. 5L chest you can use that actually has defenses and stats and mods and all that good stuff, for a (relative) handful of scrap currency (or five chaos). It may not be great, but it'll be worlds better than trying to map in a Tabby. That really is just all kinds of bad idea. If a build just absolutely, positively cannot work on anything less than a 6L, then you're probably not playing the right build for you if you don't have the budget to get a proper 6L to run the build in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info