Media Sucks: Olympics

Since Offtopic is the home of pseudo-educated rants, I'm surprised that I haven't seen anything in regards to the olympics in here. SPecifically media coverage of the olympics which has been nothing but an embarassing series of click-bait articles/news briefs.

The fact that Brazil is pretty much digging itself into bankruptcy to get this thing to go smooth the media has been a bunch of fuckwads only focusing on the nonsense and haven't bothered at ALL to balance it with inspirational news in regards to athletes.

What happend to the unified, feel-good experience we've had historically? Is media more tainted to a the next "hot topic" and commercial ratings rather than actual content even when it comes to something like the olympics?

IOC corrupt? Yes.
Brazil ifrastructure sucks? Yes.

Should we continue to focus on these things or should we talk about the athletes who's dreams may or may not materialize over the next few weeks.

I dunno...the whole thing rubs me the wrong fucking way. Fuck media and their constant negative reporting on anything that will get ratings. Cops. Olympics. Politics.

Like come-the-fuck-on already... I want to be inspired and feel close to the rest of the world. I don't want to laugh at and isolate Brazil's failures.
Last bumped on Aug 9, 2016, 12:09:30 PM
I would like to know from where you are writing this...? Because as a brazilian i'm amazed to see the media, for you, is talking about the problems in Brasil politics and economy. For us, brazilians, since the coup sucedeed a few months ago, we are a perfect country swimming in riches and the olympics are a perfect party of love and happines with not a single problem at all, while IRL its a sea of corruption, policial violence and economic dictatorship.

Violence in Brasil kills more people than any current war in the world, and the biggest chunk of it is police violence. We had a coup against a very problematic government to install a new one A LOT worse. And for Globo group, the media monopoly created by our military dictatorship between 1964 and 1985, all that matters is footbal, carnaval, our very well known soap-operas and what dress that stunning actress is using today... Oh, and supporting ALL the right winged politics, of course!

I would say fuck media and their constant plastic, economic-oriented manipulation, to hide what matters in an infinite pool of futility and nonsense.
Who cares!
"
opmanzano wrote:
I would like to know from where you are writing this...? Because as a brazilian i'm amazed to see the media, for you, is talking about the problems in Brasil politics and economy. For us, brazilians, since the coup sucedeed a few months ago, we are a perfect country swimming in riches and the olympics are a perfect party of love and happines with not a single problem at all, while IRL its a sea of corruption, policial violence and economic dictatorship.

Violence in Brasil kills more people than any current war in the world, and the biggest chunk of it is police violence. We had a coup against a very problematic government to install a new one A LOT worse. And for Globo group, the media monopoly created by our military dictatorship between 1964 and 1985, all that matters is footbal, carnaval, our very well known soap-operas and what dress that stunning actress is using today... Oh, and supporting ALL the right winged politics, of course!

I would say fuck media and their constant plastic, economic-oriented manipulation, to hide what matters in an infinite pool of futility and nonsense.

You just have to understand mainstream media for what it is. A huge propaganda machine. Media isn't about reporting the news, it's about using the news to push an agenda. Always has been this way.
"
opmanzano wrote:

So, ive only been to brazil zero times, but ive seen a crapload of documentaries (which, as you may know, differ from news broadcasts because well, documentaries are fun to watch, and the news is constantly depressing). And, you saying "we are a perfect country swimming in riches" made me laugh a fair bit, cheers.

I laugh because, its not about the wealth of the country, its about how the media at this current moment ignores the main issue in Rio, and that's its health, overall health, even Rio's health, like, if your river is basically polluted to the levels matching almost The Ganges (Main river in India, famous for its "religious" properties and other crap like that.

Sorry, went on a tangent, let me just, say this straight out

Rio isn't rich, it won't be rich now, it will definitely not be rich after the games, the slums will still be the backbone is Rio, the health of the majority of its people (since, the majority live in slums) will only get worse because the government is a piece of turd floating in The Ganges.

Anyway, have a nice day! ;)
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
And, you saying "we are a perfect country swimming in riches" made me laugh a fair bit, cheers.

I laugh because, its not about the wealth of the country, its about how the media at this current moment ignores the main issue in Rio, and that's its health, overall health, even Rio's health, like, if your river is basically polluted to the levels matching almost The Ganges (Main river in India, famous for its "religious" properties and other crap like that."

Couldn't determine if you got my irony right or not so I will explain and maybe be redundant, but of course when I say "we are a perfect country swimming in riches" it's the media lying, not what we really think. Cheers!
if the chance that a bunch of primates beat me to death with my own camera on broad daylight at the beach skyrockets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYh_l_taQ6I
i know i know the bad propaganda media youtube is full with that shit and its amateur footage you dont even have enough to eat

i have zero clue how that fucked up country got olympia and iam glad they get no media coverage hope they get scrap metal money after olympia

whats that 80k security personel ?
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Aug 8, 2016, 5:02:54 AM
Zika, favelas, high as fuck criminality, "arrastões", some more deadly bacteria in the water, BRs (the worst part really :P).
Im not surprised that our (Portugal) minister of education and his assistant got robbed at knife point.
Brazil is high on my list of countries I do NOT want to visit. Might be highest among "civilized countries".
It has a lot to like in culture and sightings but not worth the risks for vacation.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Aug 9, 2016, 12:52:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info