Can millenials take a joke? The state of modern comedy.

"
deathflower wrote:

It is called learning from experience, being pragmatic. If I have to describe it, it is an overprotective rich spoiled secular country.

If threatening to throwing jackasses into jail who know full well they can cause people to protest and riot causing property damage and innocent to die is being a tyrant, we are glad we did it. Call us King Tyrant please!

No need to call you King Tyrant. As long as it's in your country and you like it, go ahead and do your thing - I have nothing against it if it's not forced on me :)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 6, 2016, 4:01:00 PM
"
deathflower wrote:
Being funny is subjective. If your audience don't find it funny, the joke is offensive to your audience, what do you do? Comedians should know they can't tell "Unfunny" jokes that aren't funny. There is backlash for this.

Am I missing something or are you really saying that, for example, people who died in Charlie Hebdo shooting got what they deserved because some religious idiots got offended by cartoons of their so-called prophet? If yes, then I'd say you're insane.

Political correctness is idiocy. Freedom of speech shouldn't care if someone is offended or not. It shouldn't care if certain invading religion is offended by pretty much everything in Western culture; it shouldn't care whether it's the white or black man saying [Removed by Support]; it shouldn't care whether someone refers to homosexuals as gays or [Removed by Support]. Like Clint Eastwood I also hate our pussy generation.
Last edited by CJ_GGG on Aug 7, 2016, 7:36:32 AM
"
kuukkeli wrote:

Am I missing something or are you really saying that, for example, people who died in Charlie Hebdo shooting got what they deserved because some religious idiots got offended by cartoons of their so-called prophet? If yes, then I'd say you're insane.

I also had the impression he/she was trying to insinuate something like this but keeping it suitably vague to maintain plausible deniability.

I was tempted to respond with something along the lines of 'I hope everyone who thinks like that gets bombed out of existence' but then I realized the same religious idiots who did this are doing a fine job of ruining their own countries by themselves, so - meh.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
kuukkeli wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:
Being funny is subjective. If your audience don't find it funny, the joke is offensive to your audience, what do you do? Comedians should know they can't tell "Unfunny" jokes that aren't funny. There is backlash for this.

Political correctness is idiocy. Freedom of speech shouldn't care if someone is offended or not. It shouldn't care if certain invading religion is offended by pretty much everything in Western culture; it shouldn't care whether it's the white or black man saying [Removed by Support]; it shouldn't care whether someone refers to homosexuals as gays or [Removed by Support]. Like Clint Eastwood I also hate our pussy generation.

It mean if they know the consequence of their action will lead to the death of others and does it anyway, these people are equally insane. They are taking a risk that not only a danger to themselves but also to others. If cracking a joke is worth the lives of yourself and other people, you aren't getting your priority straight.

PS: You know what else we do? We shut down publications that support terrorism, you probably do it too. We just don't pretend we support free speech.
Last edited by CJ_GGG on Aug 7, 2016, 7:37:53 AM
"
deathflower wrote:
It mean if they know the consequence of their action will lead to the death of others and does it anyway, these people are equally insane. They are taking a risk that not only a danger to themselves but also to others. If cracking a joke is worth the lives of yourself and other people, you aren't getting your priority straight.

In other words you suggest that we give up to all demands that are backed by threats of violence? If cracking a joke puts your life in danger it's not the joke that needs to be dealt with but the maniacs willing to kill for it.

Do you use same logic on other crimes as well? If a girl is raped, is it her fault if she wasn't wearing a sack? If a boy is robbed, is it his fault if he was using his iPad in public? If a man is thrown off the roof, is it his fault if he was homosexual? Why are you more concerned about freedom of speech and jokes than hateful religions and people who advocate violence?

"
deathflower wrote:
PS: You know what else we do? We shut down publications that support terrorism, you probably do it too. We just don't pretend we support free speech.

So you think cartoons and terrorism are somehow equal? And funny that you mention terrorism because it's exactly the reason some people are so eager to give up our freedoms. Would you be more willing to accept some funny cartoons if the artists would threaten to kill some people?
Last edited by kuukkeli on Aug 7, 2016, 1:00:37 AM
"
kuukkeli wrote:

In other words you suggest that we give up to all demands that are backed by threats of violence? If cracking a joke puts your life in danger it's not the joke that needs to be dealt with but the maniacs willing to kill for it.

Do you use same logic on other crimes as well? If a girl is raped, is it her fault if she wasn't wearing a sack? If a boy is robbed, is it his fault if he was using his iPad in public? If a man is thrown off the roof, is it his fault if he was homosexual? Why are you more concerned about freedom of speech and jokes than hateful religions and people who advocate violence?

If you incite someone to do something, you aren't innocent, being the primary cause of something to happen you are partly responsible. It is like punching someone face and expecting them not to hit back. Are you are expecting deeply religious people not to do anything when you insult their God? Stop pretending you don't know.

Sorry for being a busybody. Since we ban such publication, they have to gonna have to do it in their face. You know religious fanatics are probably gonna hurt or kill you if you insult their god in their face. We hope you aren't gonna do something so stupid and insane.

"
deathflower wrote:

If you incite someone to do something, you aren't innocent, being the primary cause of something to happen you are partly responsible. It is like punching someone face and expecting them not to hit back. Are you are expecting deeply religious people not to do anything when you insult their God? Stop pretending you don't know.

Wrong. People can't be held accountable for the actions of maniacs. You aren't innocent only if you do something bad. Like killing people for drawing cartoons. If you are willing to kill in the name of an imaginary man living in the sky, you have to be put down like a rabid dog and no amount of rationalization can justify this.

Last edited by Bars on Aug 7, 2016, 2:50:37 AM
"
deathflower wrote:
It is like punching someone face and expecting them not to hit back.

No, it's like telling someone a joke and expecting them to not murder you for it.
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
"
Bars wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:

Wrong. People can't be held accountable for the actions of maniacs. You aren't innocent only if you do something bad. Like killing people for drawing cartoons. If you are willing to kill in the name of an imaginary man living in the sky, you have to be put down like a rabid dog and no amount of rationalization can justify this.

If these people are crazy, they need to take their meds. If you mess with them, you are either crazy like the rest of them or a criminal when you know what they would do.
"
deathflower wrote:
If these people are crazy, they need to take their meds. If you mess with them, you are either crazy like the rest of them or a criminal when you know what they would do.

In other words, it should be criminal to defy a madman.

... have you really thought this one through?
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info