Guys if I see some symbolic language spam I quit and GGG would fall so hard

"
Enduros wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

Ive had a car break down two times in russia, one because of a flat. I had at least 5 cars stop behind me on the shoulder each time and ask if I needed help. do you know how many times I was on a shoulder here in california and a stranger just randomly stopped by to help ? none. zero. maybe works if you're a woman here, I dont know. speaking of women, my then-gf was amazed how people would give up their seat for any standing women in public transport

This is a population density problem. The more people you have, the more anonymity, the less people care. See what happens in Moscow... and if you accidentally hold up traffic someone might come and "help" you with a baseball bat. As for the giving up seats on bus thing, well it pretty common in all former soviet block and in scandinavia too.

um, it did happen in Moscow.

"

"
grepman wrote:

actually, western cultures (until quite recently) have always aggregated all former soviet block people, soviet jews and even some israeli jews as 'russians'. as such, former soviet union had a shitload of people. since russia is the biggest one out of soviet block, I mean, its proportionally valid. the real crime gangs in russia also didnt really start until 90s where it was lawlessness.

This you don't get. Russians are a minority in other ex-soviet countries. And when it comes to international criminals then that minority is responsible for the majority of crime. And in many cases that ethnic russian minority is also doing disproportionally more domestic crime.

are you really gonna take the route of the whole 'tons of black people are in jail, and black people are minor part of population, therefore black people are a problem' argument here ? really ?

"

There are tech-savvy people all over ex soviet-countries. I didn't ask why they are good. I asked why so many are criminals. Most people want to remain honest, clearly not the case with russians. Why do so many of them prefer to steal rather then create something of value?

Ive answered that in my quote, didnt I ? unless you work for government, great minds are not as valued in russia as they are in other major countries. there are plenty of smart people who are poor.

not to mention, because of strain of relationships with western countries, hackers are protected from extradiction there.
Last edited by grepman on Aug 5, 2016, 6:56:49 PM
DEUTSCHLAND DEUTSCHLAND ÜBER ALLES ÜBER ALLES IN DER WELT!!!
"
DEUTSCHLAND DEUTSCHLAND ÜBER ALLES ÜBER ALLES IN DER WELT!!!

Shut up, Ahmed.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Yeah... screens full of text that cannot be read are really annoying.

Am I talking about a Russian person looking at the English chat or an English person looking at the Russian text?

Spoiler
Neither! I was talking about a new player seeing the current trade chat. Trading ex for c? GCP for chroms? What the heck are these codes for?!?!? What the heck is a rota?

Bwuahahaha.

Spoiler
Seriously dude, stop being xenophobic. GGG would not fail so hard because different languages had to share a chat channel. How do I roll my eyes in an emoticon? *_* Nah... that did not work.

I didn't read all the replies (and forgot all the replies I did read) but now that this thread has resurfaced I'm just going to add my relatively irrelevant comment.

Whenever I see "symbolic language spam" I can't help but think "but almost all languages are symbolic... this thread itself is symbolic language spam!"
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
I didn't read all the replies (and forgot all the replies I did read) but now that this thread has resurfaced I'm just going to add my relatively irrelevant comment.

Whenever I see "symbolic language spam" I can't help but think "but almost all languages are symbolic... this thread itself is symbolic language spam!"

Yeah, this thread is a classic. "Cyrillic symbols are more symbols than Latin symbols... Because... Because... Logic".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Bars wrote:

You should read Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl. He's a Nazi concentration camp survivor and describes how shockingly fast you can get a group of intelligent, well-off people and turn them into animals if the conditions are harsh enough. He also describes how some people turn into saints in the exact same conditions, as diametrically different from the animals as you can imagine.

This sounds like a good read, thanks for throwing it out there I may take a look!
IGN: Fourist
"
Fourist wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

You should read Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl. He's a Nazi concentration camp survivor and describes how shockingly fast you can get a group of intelligent, well-off people and turn them into animals if the conditions are harsh enough. He also describes how some people turn into saints in the exact same conditions, as diametrically different from the animals as you can imagine.

This sounds like a good read, thanks for throwing it out there I may take a look!

He manages to turn a book about a concentration camp into an uplifting read, which isn't the easiest task as you might imagine.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:23:52 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
On topic though did TheExile777 see symbolic language and quit? Did GGG fall so hard?
Last Visited: October 19, 2016
Looks like he didn't quit.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info