Guys if I see some symbolic language spam I quit and GGG would fall so hard

"
Bars wrote:
"
Enduros wrote:

It's not xenophobia. Russians have done everything in their power to earn this reputation. This is just facts. My family is partly russian. Their culture values cheating, finding shortcuts, making profit from everything nomatter how many bridges get burnt or people hurt. Giving a good deal or assistance to strangers is seen as weakness. I don't know where this shit comes from, but it runs deep.

With all that said you really surprised at their spamming? Just try and ignore it for now. What will happen is same as in other good games. GGG will build better tools to deal with these people and everything will go back to normal.

I'm not Russian and my country has been fucked by the Russians at certain points in the not-so-distant past, so I can't claim any especially warm feelings towards the Russians, but this is bullshit. It would be the same as spending some time in the trashiest British or American ghetto and saying this is what the British or American culture amounts to.

Perhaps this reflects your family's values but don't try to attribute it to one of the richest and most complex cultures in Europe.

My family is fine. The adidas wearing people I grew up around are a different matter. The culture can be rich yet some people in it can be rotten. How else do you explain the visceral hate they get? Why are so many hackers from russia? Why is it that all the international criminals from my country or from any old soviet block that have been caught have almost always been russians? Oh and the level of corruption in russia itself. I have visited a few times and it's comical.

Cultures change. Did you know that the islamic world was once the place of scientific advancement and in south america they were really into ritual sacrifice. Oh and do you know what germans were doing in the 1940s? Cultures change, people change.

When this ghetto attitude you speak of spills over into highest echelons of government and things are though of as "fine" there there's a problem don't you agree. When they are doing this on the state level how can you not say it's not part of the culture.
You are extremely confused if you think people are of the opinion this is 'fine'. Yes, Russia is in a bad spot right now, just as many other countires - the world seems to be in a bad spot as a whole. My country has more or less the same problems Russia is suffering from, if at a smaller scale. What you described is typical for any demographic group which grew up in povery and harsh conditions. Adapting to this environment requires certain traits which would be viewed with a jaundiced eye by the pampered observer from a rich society. It's neither a typically Russian trait, nor is Russia entirely defined by this attitude.

You should read Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl. He's a Nazi concentration camp survivor and describes how shockingly fast you can get a group of intelligent, well-off people and turn them into animals if the conditions are harsh enough. He also describes how some people turn into saints in the exact same conditions, as diametrically different from the animals as you can imagine.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 4, 2016, 5:30:27 AM
"
Bars wrote:
You are extremely confused if you think people are of the opinion this is 'fine'. Yes, Russia is in a bad spot right now, just as many other countires - the world seems to be in a bad spot as a whole. My country has more or less the same problems Russia is suffering from, if at a smaller scale. What you described is typical for any demographic group which grew up in povery and harsh conditions. Adapting to this environment requires certain traits which would be viewed with a jaundiced eye by the pampered observer from a rich society. It's neither a typically Russian trait, nor is Russia entirely defined by this attitude.

You should read Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl. He's a Nazi concentration camp survivor and describes how shockingly fast you can get a group of intelligent, well-off people and turn them into animals if the conditions are harsh enough. He also describes how some people turn into saints in the exact same conditions, as diametrically different from the animals as you can imagine.

It it was terrible enough something would be done. As for group think and such, you are only proving my point. There have been so many studies and experiments done that prove we are just monkeys that don't know any better. And of course, not all russians... not their fault... what if you were... etc etc.

You are trying to find excuses for them, I'm just stating facts. Typical traits is a very bad argument btw. If you look at past 50-60 years then it actually IS a typical trait. People might not want to engage is this behaviour, but it's the actions that matter in the end. You can find as many excuses as you want, but they still do what I described.
"
TheExile777 wrote:
Title says it, a warning to ggg because exactly THAT's the time D2 lost all its customers... Screen full of spam.

WE DONT WANT SPAM

TEAM UP 20 more people just for the wave crylic spam.

I am humble, welcome all but have a very bad feeling in my tummy...

And here we go again.
Even after Chris announced default ru chat channels there are still some complaints, sigh. What's wrong with you people? Nobody will visit you just to spam some rush b because 1) nobody wants to get muted, and 2)nobody will even care. Even if there will be some trolls, they'll get banned/ignored pretty fast and will serve as some kind of example for others.

As for RMT spammers (if there will be any ofc), why would they spam cyrillic text walls in /global en, when they'll have /global ru for being dicks?

Don't be afraid so much, jeez ಠ_ಠ

"
Enduros wrote:

Their culture values cheating, finding shortcuts, making profit from everything nomatter how many bridges get burnt or people hurt. Giving a good deal or assistance to strangers is seen as weakness. I don't know where this shit comes from, but it runs deep.

Ah, so nice to see a culturologist here.
I presume "this shit" comes from your mind, because it's not a culture, it's more like over-generalized stupid behavior of some jerk. And, again, if you will judge all the russian-speaking people by some jerks, they will answer you the same, acting like they have a deal with aggressive xenophobic trolls or something like that. Even when they don't. Because "they're all bad and evil, mom!"

Please, calm down already, for the sake of good game experience.
There is a sure way to die.

Билды - это листья на дереве Path of Exile. C каждым патчем одни опадают, и каждую лигу вырастают другие.
"
Enduros wrote:

It it was terrible enough something would be done. As for group think and such, you are only proving my point. There have been so many studies and experiments done that prove we are just monkeys that don't know any better. And of course, not all russians... not their fault... what if you were... etc etc.

You are trying to find excuses for them, I'm just stating facts. Typical traits is a very bad argument btw. If you look at past 50-60 years then it actually IS a typical trait. People might not want to engage is this behaviour, but it's the actions that matter in the end. You can find as many excuses as you want, but they still do what I described.

You are stating a broad generalization as a fact. I am pointing out I disagree. I'm not trying to make 'excuses' as I don't really care about them. I merely saw something wrong and expressed my disagreement.

Saying 'Russian culture is this thing' is nonsense. The works of Leo Tolstoy, Mikhail Bulgakov and many others, considered as pinnacles of literature and humanism, are an important and defining part of this culture - and I could go on and on.

I could as easily say 'American culture values cutthroat competition, mindless consumerism and gaining as much wealth as possible without giving any thought to the environment or sustainability. Their so-called books and movies are apparently created for braindeads, they are all fat, stupid and racist' - and I could easily give concrete, convincing examples. Facts, as you say. Hell, Trump is a promising presidential candidate and Bush Junior had two mandates - this should speak volumes by itself. But I would be conveniently missing some other facts like some of the best scientific and academic centres in the world being American, or the countless impressive achievements and contributions of American culture, wouldn't I?
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 4, 2016, 6:14:28 AM
"

Ah, so nice to see a culturologist here.
I presume "this shit" comes from your mind, because it's not a culture, it's more like over-generalized stupid behavior of some jerk. And, again, if you will judge all the russian-speaking people by some jerks, they will answer you the same, acting like they have a deal with aggressive xenophobic trolls or something like that. Even when they don't. Because "they're all bad and evil, mom!"

Please, calm down already, for the sake of good game experience.

It comes from experience. It comes from having russian as a second language. This is just history repeating itself. What's happening in PoE is the same thing that happened on SC2 when they merged the russian servers. Same with Dota2. List goes on. The immediate effect is you get more piss in your cheerios then you were used to.

"

Saying 'Russian culture is this thing' is nonsense. The works of Leo Tolstoy, Mikhail Bulgakov and many others, considered as pinnacles of literature and humanism, are an important and defining part of this culture - and I could go on and on.

I could as easily say 'American culture values cutthroat competition, mindless consumerism and gaining as much wealth as possible without giving any thought to the environment or sustainability. Their so-called books and movies are apparently created for braindeads, they are all fat, stupid and racist' - and I could easily give concrete, convincing examples. Facts, as you say. But that would be conveniently missing some other facts like the best scientific and academic centres in the world being American, or the countless impressive achievements and contributions of American culture, wouldn't it?

Both are true. Isn't it annoying that world isn't black and white. However, can you name me a Leo Tolstoy or Mikhail Bulgakov equivalent today? I can maybe think of a few given enough time. But I can name you prominent american scientists and cultural figures off the top of my head all day.
"
Enduros wrote:

Both are true. Isn't it annoying that world isn't black and white.

I'm not going to waste more time arguing with a guy who says in one sentence that 1. both gross generalizations I pointed out are true; and 2. isn't it annoying that the world isn't black and white.

Learn to think before you speak.

Last edited by Bars on Aug 4, 2016, 6:39:20 AM
This is all going in the wrong direction, my friends. I have a lot of Russian friends, and of course others from around the world. I live in Switzerland and here, too, we deal with foreign people different than I would. My acceptance level is high, and I respect people, of who they are, not where they are from.

My concern is just (and yes, those of you, who haven't seen it in the past) Trade chat is spammed dead. Global 820 got more to a "help each other" channel (that's fine, but not the preliminary goal to begin with). The daily rotations is something GGG should fix, the Gorge Rotations is something GGG should fix. no one's to blame. but THEN THERE's RMT.

RealMoneyTrading, as we know it exists in poe. though highly forbidden and an auto-BAN if noticed. They usually write texts once or twice then go offline, random accounts, random names.

Example

Account: (Removed by Support)

>join global 1-5 and repeat this spam:

(Removed by Support)

This is how the chart looks like. This WE SEE. Even in global 820 sometimes.
Global 1-3 is rotten and foul.

TLDR: Spam is what worries me, and Russian friends playing poe say it's filled in the G4R3N4 servers and will have an impact here.

NOTE:Those saying Don't worry, turn all off are an ignorant, most use 820 and some sort of channel. I like russians, like described by many in posts above, loads of other countries have other folks, and other cultures, you never can make all satisfied
No Problem,
Exile
Last edited by Rob_GGG on Aug 4, 2016, 6:57:43 AM
Trade chat was spam kingdom 3 years ago when I started playing PoE. I don't use it, ever. It gives me eye cancer. The Russians may contribute to the problem but it won't just magically appear out of nowhere because of them.

What would be a much more legitimate - at least for me - concern is botting severely affecting the economy. I guess we'll see but I have a bad feeling about that.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 4, 2016, 6:56:07 AM
"
Bars wrote:
Trade chat was spam kingdom 3 years ago when I started playing PoE. I don't use it, ever. It gives me eye cancer. The Russians may contribute to the problem but it won't just magically appear out of nowhere because of them.

What would be a much more legitimate - at least for me - concern is botting severely affecting the economy. I guess we'll see but I have a bad feeling about that.

Yes. Spam is always annoying (well, maybe not for the spammer) and alredy too much in this game.
Maybe its just more annoying in different fonts for some people, but I don't care, I only activate Global after bigger char deaths messages to enjoy the RIP-spam.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info