No Man's Sky

A few gripes about the game that have nothing to do with performance:

- I found a ship with 48 slots wrecked and fixed it. Absolutely hate the paint job. Its got pink on it. A way to give your ships a paint job would be cool. I feel like a rainbow warrior flying around in this thing. But for practical purposes, its the best ship I'm gonna get for awhile.

- Launch thrusters take too many freaking resources. Like way more than maintaining any of the other ship's components. At least give me the option to use thamium9 for thrusters as well. I haven't found any supplemental techs for the launch thrusters either. Something that halves the cost of launch thrusters would be nice. I've been stuck on some planets where plutonium is rare (its usually super abundant), and had to search for an hour to find enough in boxes to take off and get the fuck out. That planet had grav spheres laying around everywhere, and I made boatloads of $ filling up my ships and selling them.

- Just got an atlas v3 pass. There is nothing, I repeat nothing ever behind any of the atlas v2 or v3 doors of any interest. I was expecting to get access to some extra shops, tech stations, or a gun box, or SOMETHING. Nope, completely useless.

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Aug 15, 2016, 12:05:55 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:56:38 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:

Holy shit I thought the limit was 32 slots! Here I am scrubbing along in my 21 slotter, can't wait to upgrade again.

I know they will add new content for free over time, I bet Starship customization comes around sooner rather than later.

My exosuit has 34 slots. It looks like it'll upgrade to at least 36 slots, if not more. Just when I think the slots are maxed out, it expands further. Not really sure what the cap is.

There are stations on planets that look like small pyramid shaped floating buildings. Anyway those have exosuit upgrades in them. What I did was skim across planets that spawn those and seek them out. They don't show up on the scanners, and you have to find them by sight. But if you know what you're looking for you can fly around and farm those and grab 6-8 on one planet. Also every space station has an exosuit upgrade station behind every atlas v1 door (door to the left).

I'm still 166000 light years from the center, and I think I've mostly maxed out techs, ship, exosuit. I haven't found a new tech in a very long time. I'm 80% sure I got all the ship, and weapon techs, unless there are later techs that only spawn once you get closer to the center. But there is nothing to indicate that's how the progression works in this game.

I found 1 planet where the sentinel drones were "hostile" and I got freaking rekt. Just when I thought sentinels only spawned those cheap little flying things, and I ran into a ground sentinel drone, and then a very large one that was a sentinel version of a freaking ATST from star wars that shredded my shields like a wet paper bag, and I had 3 auxillery shield upgrades installed in my exosuit. I had plasma launcher with all the +damage mod techs installed, and one shot took only maybe 1/10th of its HP bar away.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Aug 15, 2016, 12:24:05 PM
I ended up buying it but after about 6 hours of buggy play and crashes I tried to get a refund, didn't work though unfortunately.

If it weren't 60$ I wouldn't care but that's a lot of money for a game to have to wait for patches to play it. The game itself is fun enough and seems to have a lot of potential so I'm not too upset.
The game hasn't crashed even once for me.

You can also get back into the game after you alt+tab out. What you do is go into task manager (windows 10) click on the process, then "switch to". I think its more of a case of "mommy I tabbed out and can't get back into the game QQs" where people aren't using their fucking brain.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:57:03 PM
The game has only crashed on me once and otherwise I've been loving just about everything in it.

Also, why don't people seem to understand it's not a PC port? It was originally made for PC... if anything it's a PS4 port.
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
"

Also, why don't people seem to understand it's not a PC port? It was originally made for PC... if anything it's a PS4 port.
not true
um it's definitely a PC port. it was announced for PS4 and made for PS4. originally, it was even supposed to be a PS4 exclusive

"
The game hasn't crashed even once for me.

I dont usually agree a ton with TB, but here he's spot on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRkHPsZak08#t=5m42s
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
I ended up buying it but after about 6 hours of buggy play and crashes I tried to get a refund, didn't work though unfortunately.

If it weren't 60$ I wouldn't care but that's a lot of money for a game to have to wait for patches to play it. The game itself is fun enough and seems to have a lot of potential so I'm not too upset.

Steam will only let you refund within the first two hours of gameplay unfortunately. Only one crash so far for me but lots and lots of lag until I started messing with settings in game and out. Did you try all of the fixes I listed on the last page? If you have I can add one more to that list for nVidia cards:

-In your nVidia Graphics Control Panel for No Man's Sky set Shader Cache to "Off"

For me the most important fix was disabling steam overlay, it made a huge difference. I expect all of these fiddly things to get fixed through game patches and a new nVidia driver next week.

Just curious what GPU and CPU do you run?

I don't think it's to do with my computer. For example a little while ago I landed on a planet and before I could take control of my character I was tossed about 8 minutes away from my ship, fell through the planet then the game crashed.

I'm not too worried, I'm sure they'll fix it.
I don't normally use pads on games like this, and I always prefer KB + Mouse, but this game seems to play way better with a pad. The flight controls are noticeably better when using a pad. And I'm not all that accustomed to using a pad, and it feels better to me. Being a PS4 port, the game was clearly designed to be played with a pad first, mouse and keyboard second.

I was able to beast a dog fight earlier vs about 15 ships, and only had to recharge my shields once while using a pad. No way I could have done that with a KB.

"
grepman wrote:

I dont usually agree a ton with TB, but here he's spot on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRkHPsZak08#t=5m42s

He's got a better PC than me, and I'm not experiencing those issues. Just saying. Just a few settings tweaked in Nvidia/AMD control panels can lead to a massive improvement. Or some of the suggestions that have been recommended in this topic. Also, he's trying to record while playing which could explain why he was getting some hickups. Some games you simply need to get a capture card for to get high quality 1080p/60fps recordings with no stutter.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Aug 15, 2016, 11:02:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info