Game recording software - need advice

Hi guys,

Im looking for advice about a game recording software. I've making various builds, and I enjoy posting them here on POE forums, with various success ( my guide posts are usally crappy in comparing to all the flashy ones out there).

One thing that they always missing is a game footage videos. I know for myself that I prefer to watch something showing the build than to read though a wall of text, explaining all the details. Also from the video one can get the feel of the build and the playstyle it offers.

Recently I was trying to record something for a guide i made. I found a program called bandicam, which seems to be working well. Apart from the forced addition of a advert banner, the program recorded the game footage in nice full HD resolution at 60 fps. sadly the footage (not even 4 min long) was close to 3gb and uploading it to youtube would be either impossible or really long.
So i used a compression tool (I found on google) and it did shrink the size of the file to around 300mb, but with it all the quality was gone as well.

So after this, a bit-to-long-intro, I wanted to ask if someone could suggest good programs (free) to record and compress (if needed) the files to upload to youtube. I would like something that can do a full hd recording or at least HD ready, but keeping the files small so I can upload them in good quality.

cheers
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last bumped on Oct 17, 2016, 4:29:07 AM
I use VirtualDub. You probably also want to find a better video recorder. You're going to get plenty of downvotes just for using the free Bandicam. For me, at least, those watermarks make videos unwatchable. I've been using Fraps for ages, but there could easily be better and cheaper alternatives now.
"
Jennik wrote:
I use VirtualDub. You probably also want to find a better video recorder. You're going to get plenty of downvotes just for using the free Bandicam. For me, at least, those watermarks make videos unwatchable. I've been using Fraps for ages, but there could easily be better and cheaper alternatives now.

I will check it out later today.
Most important, are those programs free?
Im not going to buy programs to record some game footage from time to time just for build guide purposes.
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
I've used this free screen recorder(https://showmore.com/) which is free from watermark and limited recording time for months. And never met problems when recording games on PC. Also you could customize the recording regions and alter other preferences if you like.
I use MSI Afterburner. It is free.

I'm a casual user. So not sure about your file size problems. I assume recording high res video at 60 fps is always going to be a large file size. With Afterburner, I can change the quality and frame rate.

Open Broadcast Software works best for me so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info