Stranger Things

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
11 Things to Watch if You Love Stranger Things!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VMT0HVTGrs

=^[.]^=

loool

ok Ive seen the vast majority of those movies, and the couple I havent I now have to.

He got a point deducted for choosing Rad over BMX Bandits, but a solid 9/10.

Heheh. My evil work here is done... For now. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I mean, I don't agree with a lot of the stuff he dislikes but im not the only one who thought Winona's performance was terrible..

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/my_unpopular_opinion_i_just_dont_get_all_the_stranger_things_hype

"
But BY GOD did her performance do my head in! To the point where I zoned out whenever she was on screen. Her role as “Joyce” (and I had to look that name up, that’s how unmemorable the character was) never strayed from the single, overbearing note of “despairing mother.”
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Epic Voice Guy LOVES Stranger Things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNvfKtQUANg

=^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
My twin brother told me three days ago that I should check Stranger Things out because one of his best friend recommended it. I told him "sure, I'll !" like you tell almost everyone recommending you something to watch but you already have a big pile of things waiting to be watched or played since forever.

It happened that this time I really checked it out and I binge-watched it in 2 nights. It was so great. It has that awesome "Twin Peaks" and "It" mix that really worked for me. Actually the two creators said in a recent interview they went to Warner Bros a while back asking to do a remake of "It" but they got denied (even though a remake is now planned for September 2017). I hope what's coming next will be as good as the first season (Yeah I'm looking at you True Detective Season 2).

NB. When I say it has a Twin Peaks feel to it it's because everything is happening in a small little town, someone's missing, 'supernatural' events happening etc. It's nothing compared to how Lynch's show was but yeah, it reminded me of it somehow.
IGN : @Morgoth
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
My twin brother told me three days ago that I should check Stranger Things out because one of his best friend recommended it. I told him "sure, I'll !" like you tell almost everyone recommending you something to watch but you already have a big pile of things waiting to be watched or played since forever.

It happened that this time I really checked it out and I binge-watched it in 2 nights. It was so great. It has that awesome "Twin Peaks" and "It" mix that really worked for me. Actually the two creators said in a recent interview they went to Warner Bros a while back asking to do a remake of "It" but they got denied (even though a remake is now planned for September 2017). I hope what's coming next will be as good as the first season (Yeah I'm looking at you True Detective Season 2).

NB. When I say it has a Twin Peaks feel to it it's because everything is happening in a small little town, someone's missing, 'supernatural' events happening etc. It's nothing compared to how Lynch's show was but yeah, it reminded me of it somehow.

A new season of Twin Peaks is coming too. Hey hey lay off TD season 2!! I loved it ( apparently im one of the 5 people that feel this way).
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:

A new season of Twin Peaks is coming too. Hey hey lay off TD season 2!! I loved it ( apparently im one of the 5 people that feel this way).

Don't get me wrong on its own TD S2 was great, but nothing compared to the 1st season. HBO's director admitted recently that he forced the guys behind the show to come up with a second season fast and they had not enough time to do things the way they wanted. He said he'll never do the same mistake.
Sadly with all the hate it got its unlikely we'll see a season 3.

They were different beasts completely. If I HAD to compare ya id say S1 was better but S2 is special in its own way.

Its like the people that call The Wire's S2 shit. Its not on the same level as season 1 but still top shelf.
Yeah I see what you mean with TD2 and The Wire S2. I loved S2 of The Wire, it had its own flavor and thankfully I knew nothing beforehand about the fact S2 was somewhat odd compared to the rest of the show. I just thought 'OK they are beginning a new storyline' and that was it, I enjoyed it as much as S1 and when they came back to the Barksdale story with S3 I didn't think it was about time or something like that. The Docks, the Union, the Greeks, McNulty putting bodies into Rawls' juridiction, etc. It was great.
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Aug 17, 2016, 4:53:14 PM
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
Yeah I see what you mean with TD2 and The Wire S2. I loved S2 of The Wire, it had its own flavor and thankfully I knew nothing beforehand about the fact S2 was somewhat odd compared to the rest of the show. I just thought 'OK they are beginning a new storyline' and that was it, I enjoyed it as much as S1 and when they came back to the Barksdale story with S3 I didn't think it was about time or something like that. The Docks, the Union, the Greeks, McNulty putting bodies into Rawls' juridiction, etc. It was great.

Could not agree more. It really felt like its own little microcosm when compared to the other seasons. I really liked it too.
Strangerbusters - Ghostbusters x Stranger Things Mashup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr97WTt2OOI

"We are ready to amuse you." =^[.]^=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info