Kamikaze Clones in v2.3 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)

Thought I'd give this a try after the radius on Elemental Prolif was increased from 12->16. You may remember this as the build that did so much damage when it was first discovered that it was sharply nerfed after only a week, then basically killed after the radius on the Prolif gem was nerfed. Go checkout the original build thread by my friend Peppr, it explains everything in detail. That was before Ascendancy and even jewels were added to the game, so I thought I'd try my hand at an updated version.

Videos:
Kamikaze Clones in v2.3 (Core Attempt)
Kamikaze Clones in v2.3 (Gorge)

Passive Tree
Character profile 'ArcaneVisions' has current gear, jewels, passives

Gear:

Swaps:

If I'm doing easy maps I use two Heartbound loop rings, the AoE is nice, and the damage from one clone is enough to trigger a L1 CWDT, which I use to cast Flesh Offering. There is some anti-synergy there sometimes in that it may eat a prolifering corpse but most of the time its not a problem. I drop Blasphemy Enfeeble in that setup and replace it with Purity of Elements. I haven't been able to come up with anything more creative to do with the Heartbound loop damage, let me know if you have a good idea!

If you want to try this:

If I was going to do this again, I'd probably do it with a 6L Silverbough. It was a huge pain to craft my bow. You have to find a low requirement 6L base, roll 32% reduced attributes, then destroy tons of chromes to get these colors. I think it took me 2000+. Anyway the Silverbough has no stat requirements so its perfect, you just miss out on an extra level, not a huge deal. If you can't get a 6L Silverbough I think you'd be better off with a 6L Vaal Regalia and a Quillrain over a 5L Silverbough w/o empower.

Last edited by nrdy on Aug 1, 2016, 4:46:30 PM
Last bumped on Dec 16, 2016, 12:19:05 AM
Nice build on a relatively low budget!

• Q1: How do you personally feel about the cooldown on mirror arrow? Watching the video it seems a bit annoying tbh (annnnnd I just noticed you had mirror arrow cd enchant on helmet :P)
  • Q2: Does trap damage modifiers affect MI explosion damage? Wiki page did not include trap stuff so I assume not.
  • Q3: Any special reasons that you went for Necro besides the minion damage?
"
Nice build on a relatively low budget!

• Q1: How do you personally feel about the cooldown on mirror arrow? Watching the video it seems a bit annoying tbh (annnnnd I just noticed you had mirror arrow cd enchant on helmet :P)
  • Q2: Does trap damage modifiers affect MI explosion damage? Wiki page did not include trap stuff so I assume not.
  • Q3: Any special reasons that you went for Necro besides the minion damage?

Well I'm not sure I'd call it low budget, there are certainly more cost effective builds. But you don't need the L4 empower and a Silverbough is a good starter bow (way easier to chrome too). Anyway I did it mostly for the nostalgia...

A1: The cooldown is annoying, especially without the helmet enchant. I don't find it so bad with the enchant though.
A2: Trap support doesn't affect the MI damage afaik.
A3: Necro for the damage and extra resists. I had hoped that blasphimy auras would count for Commander of Darkness but they don't (I presume because they don't affect you or minions, only monsters).
how about beacon of corruption? 10% life as chaos degen aura could be nice. I'd love to see some math of exile here
Did you actually see what belt you vendored at 12 min 11 sec from the youtube video ? :D
"
chancer wrote:
Did you actually see what belt you vendored at 12 min 11 sec from the youtube video ? :D

No not at all. Pretty decent belt. I was in a rush I guess, whoops.
I think it's worth going with Occultist for soul strike + wicked ward synergy, +1 curse and more ES.

Does it work for blink arrow as well? If so you could use both mirror and blink arrow to work around the cooldown issue somewhat and clear faster.
"
Novalisk wrote:
I think it's worth going with Occultist for soul strike + wicked ward synergy, +1 curse and more ES.

Does it work for blink arrow as well? If so you could use both mirror and blink arrow to work around the cooldown issue somewhat and clear faster.

Yup also works with Blink Arrow. You blink and the clone appears where you used to be, immediately exploding so you don't see it.
Do you think it'd be worthwhile to craft Leo's "%inc damage over time" onto the bow? The roll goes up to 30%, but it only affects the burn
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
Do you think it'd be worthwhile to craft Leo's "%inc damage over time" onto the bow? The roll goes up to 30%, but it only affects the burn

Well it would be worth it, if it applies, but I don't think it does. The damage is from the minion so only linked gems and damage that mentions minions should affect it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info