Cutthroat proper prizes

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by number of kills will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by number of kills will receive:
#1 player of each class: Demigod's Dominance (Unique Golden Mantle) and 10 Reward Points.
#2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points.
#3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points.
#4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points.
#5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points.
#6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points.
#11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point.

Prizes for reaching specific kills count:
Kills 30: 14 Reward Points.
Kills 26-29: 12 Reward Points.
Kills 22-25: 10 Reward Points.
Kills 19-21: 8 Reward Points.
Kills 16-18: 7 Reward Points.
Kills 12-15: 6 Reward Points.
Kills 9-11: 4 Reward Points.
Kills 6-8: 2 Reward Points.
Kills 4-5: 1 Reward Point.

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.
Normal difficulty Mercy Mission (The Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points.
Normal difficulty The Dweller of the Deep (The Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points.
Normal difficulty The Caged Brute (The Upper Prison): 2 Reward Points.
Normal difficulty The Marooned Mariner (The Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points.
Normal difficulty A Swig of Hope (The Docks): 2 Reward Points.
Normal difficulty A Fixture of Fate (The Library): 2 Reward Points.
Normal difficulty Sceptre of God (The Upper Sceptre of God): 3 Reward Points.
Cruel difficulty Mercy Mission (The Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points.
Cruel difficulty The Dweller of the Deep (The Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points.
Cruel difficulty The Caged Brute (The Upper Prison): 2 Reward Points.
Cruel difficulty The Marooned Mariner (The Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points.

Random Prizes:
Reward points earned in this race grant tickets in a random draw for the following items:
Alternate Art Ngamahu Tiki Unique Item (50 available to be won)
Balance & Design
Beta Member Since 2010
Last bumped on Feb 10, 2017, 3:55:21 PM
a problem with this is higher lvls just farming low lvl kills. there would be no incentive to actually move forward thru the acts of the game. it just turns it into a pvp fest instead of a race.

the way it is now, at least most ppl wanted to advance except for a few ppl in each act who made it all about hunting low lvl players.

don't get me wrong: i find the pk part fun and somewhat appealing of course or i wouldn't be there but .. i think there's a point where a demoralizing mismatch becomes tasteless on the part of the overleveled player.

overall cutthroat was one of the intriguing things mentioned when i first got interested in this game -- i took a long break after the OB era and whether cutthroat ever actually manifested or not, idk, but this was my first chance to check it out. i got my steam achievement so it's all good. ;P
But it is a PVP event! you play this race to kill other players not to progress in higher levels.

copy-paste Regulator's post:

Lets go to the real issues of this race so we can all have a better experience next time.

1) Race is cutthroat (pvp) but literally no point rewarding for anything kill related. Like what the fuck is that? Yes sure i get xp for killing others, but the risk and time spent to chase them and kill them is literally very unnoticable. Top racers simply treat this event as any other race, they just level up through pve, no pvp at all since they risk losing all their gear and thus losing a position in the ladder. I was playing for an hour and a half and i literally was invaded only once, and that must have been a mistake from the other player since i had just killed him in the area before.

Solution : Add certain kill thresholds that reward points similar to how being a certain level rewards points. It can be anything even the same exact formula of levels or something more balanced. Numbers can change.

Kills
50: 16 Reward Points.
45-49: 15 Reward Points.
40-44: 14 Reward Points.
31-39: 12 Reward Points.
24-30: 10 Reward Points.
18-23: 5 Reward Points.
13-17: 4 Reward Points.
8-12: 3 Reward Points.
4-7: 2 Reward Points.
2-3: 1 Reward Point.

Add then exactly the same rewards for the player with the most kills per class as it happens with the levels.

The top 20 players of each class by the number of kills they have will receive (deaths count only if there is a tie):
#1 player of each class: Demigod's Dominance (Unique Golden Mantle) and 10 Reward Points.
#2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points.
#3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points.
#4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points.
#5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points.
#6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points.
#11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point.

Simple right? PvP rewarding for a pvp themed event. To solve possible cheezy cases where someone repeatedly kills someone else just for getting the higher kill count (easily doable with a friend or two or alt accounts), add a parameter that killing the same player again in less than 5-10seconds from the previous kill doesnt count or somethin similar.

2) Campers are a thing, a rather cheesy tactic to just fuck up other players. Its fun dont get me wrong but after a point its just ridiculous.

Solution : Players cant attack others if the level difference is greater than x. If the lower level player damages the higher level one then the higher player can indeed kill him. The x is up to GGG but i believe it should be minimim 5.

3) Thats more of a continuation of 1). Force people to have some pvp interactions. Make some zones
global without the ability to make new instances there. Those zones should be non-quest related.

Areas that could fit into this category : Crossroads, Ship Graveyard, Coast etc. GGG should be the ones who set which those areas are.
Beta Member Since 2010
If points were awarded for player kills, whole guilds would join the race and kill each other for max points within minutes.
You can be sure that there will be a channel in global chat (or maybe just using 820) where people will organize big parties for that race and then just kill each other in coast. Max points for smallest time investment.

If the main objective were player kills instead of advancing in levels GGG would add an arena event (which ain't a race but a pvp event).

Imo "cutthroat" is just another mod like exiles everywhere for example. In the latter case you wouldn't expect points awarded for exile kills. They are just obstacles in the race that give loot, but cost time; same with players in cutthroat.
ranking by experience from killing other heroes would be ok
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
OP is right. Current cutthroat event is boring.
There should be some rules in the future.

1.Fighting area should be restricted to act 1 (for short race)

2 The top player should be the one with highest killing score

3.The level difference should be max +2/-2 (under lvl 20) and +3/-3 (for lvl 21+)
Killing other player should count like this:
Killing same level +4 points
Killing one level higher +5 pts
Killing two level higher +6pts
Killing one lvel lower +3pts
Killing two level lower +2pts
Killing 3 level lower +1pts
more difference not possible or 0 pts

... so you can´t be smashed by player 5 levels higher and when you check the area you should be able to watch other players level.

4. When smashed you should drop only 1 random piece of the gear and not all cos that´s over in the most cases.
5. Not possible being smashed by same player within next minute.

So GGG pls give us some love next time please:)

hf racing to all!
Last edited by Rakiii on Feb 10, 2017, 3:56:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info