1M dps? Finally I can be an Excel Warrior.

-_-
Last edited by top2000 on Jul 28, 2016, 2:14:17 AM
Last bumped on Jul 28, 2016, 9:02:32 PM
ball lightning hit enemy in its aoe up to 5 times per second

at once enemy is probably in aoe of 4 balls

also increased aoe do not increase damage (at least not in the way you calculated it)
and slower projctile speed does not increase damage (at least not in the way you calculated it)

Also you need to add damage from shock.

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jul 28, 2016, 3:03:01 AM
inc aoe increases damage, bigger the ball longer the ennemy stays in it's area so they get hurt more. The same effect can be created with slower projectile.

i dont know if it's math is correct, but the theory behind is ok

for shock, it's another story: small hits will never shock against big hp pool, and ball lightning deals a lot of small hits
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Jul 28, 2016, 11:38:49 AM
The day I feel the need to make a spreadsheet to enlarge my e-penis...

:D
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
All i want to know is.. does it feel like such dps also? Like you press 1 cast and obliterate even the nasty bosses?
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
just for lols

you could use those two in hands-

then instead of 3.56 multiplier from projectile speed modification (1/0.55/0.51=3.56), you would get 19.6 (1/0.1/0.51=19.6) which is 5.5x slower than without bow and quiver.

But realistically i assume that projectile would expire before delivering it's all damage through it's flight duration. Had tested this setup, balls lightning travel distance is just like unmodified tendrils length or unmodified ground slam AoE length.
Last edited by Andrius319 on Jul 28, 2016, 2:19:47 PM
"
Geisalt wrote:
inc aoe increases damage, bigger the ball longer the ennemy stays in it's area so they get hurt more. The same effect can be created with slower projectile.

i dont know if it's math is correct, but the theory behind is ok

for shock, it's another story: small hits will never shock against big hp pool, and ball lightning deals a lot of small hits

Still ball lightning can shock enemies a lot, if you crit with ball you only need to shock enemy for 0,2 second.

Also AFAIK if i get +10% increased so monster stay 20% times longer in aoe (ofc this asume monster dont stay near you.

This apply for slower projectile but 49% slower is not 49% increased damage. I might be wrong but this is how I understand it:

road is 1000 units
ball speed is 100 units/s
road of ball is 10 second long

ball is slower by 25%
slow ball speed is 75 units/s
road is 13,33 second long
25% slower = 33% MORE damage

ball is slower by 49%
slower ball speed is 51 units/s
road is 19,61 second long
49% slower = 96% MORE damage

But with slower projectile it's road is also smaller.

This ofc is calculating the most optimal situation with monster standing still. In reality Monsters will walk in ball aoe and will often stand near you and be in ball aoe in time of casting it
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jul 28, 2016, 2:35:28 PM
Do a videotape of some boss kills, if it really is 1m, then you should be killing them in 1-2 sec.
Neither area modifiers nor projectile speed modifiers affect the DPS Ball Lightning deals to any enemy. They affect the total damage it takes by dealing the same DPS for longer, since a given enemy is in range longer, but the DPS against any enemy stays the same.

Also any calculator with a single entry field for "More/Less" anything is going to give the wrong answer - the point of More/Less modifiers is that each is applied separately - you can't just sum them up and put them in one field.
Huh... and all this time i would have just said.. I got an almost 34K Ball Lightning. \m/
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info